DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm

No way I sell him for 18mil and especially not to West Ham. Have faith that Klopp knows what he is doing with him.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:40 am

Wasn't there this German doctor Wolfgang or something that used to be the German national team's physio and uses goat's blood and Sh*t like that? Alot of athletes go and see him for their long term injuries and he would more or less able to cure these long term injuries. Our very own Michael Owen went to see him for his hamstring problems and came back and scored loads of goals for us again.

Maybe Klopp should send Sturridge to him.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:34 am

You mean he's a doping expert like Dr Ferrari?    Google Dr. Michele Ferrari
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:17 am

Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:34 am wrote:You mean he's a doping expert like Dr Ferrari?    Google Dr. Michele Ferrari

Got his name now...Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt. His methods are controversial, but nothing to do with doping mate, it's to do with healing of injuries and recuperation and not performance enhancing. Look him up.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Slaven Bilic on the Sturridge rumour's...

“That is only a rumour and there is nothing behind it,” said Bilic when asked about the Chelsea and Manchester City forward.

“I am not talking about who we want – Daniel Sturridge is a big player and a big name – but that is only paper talk.”

Sturridge has not trained with the Liverpool squad in six weeks, and manager Jurgen Klopp is reported to be growing increasingly frustrated with the situation.

But when it was put to Bilic that Sturridge, 26, may become available, the West Ham boss replied: “What if? I would take Lionel Messi also, but it is only an ‘if’ so there is nothing in it.”

Bilic said Sakho, who this week was involved in a car accident, and Carroll are both “ahead of schedule” on their return from injury and are expected to be available in mid-February.

But the Croat revealed he remains interested in signing another striker with Nikica Jelavic, who scored in the 2-1 defeat at Newcastle on Saturday, possibly leaving the club in January.

“We are not panicking,” added Bilic. “We know that we have a couple of players that are injured. “On the other hand there are a couple of players that may leave the club. Maybe Zarate, maybe Jelavic and if that happens, and it may happen, then we are going to try and get one striker.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:35 pm

Sky Sports: "Daniel Sturridge out of action 'for at least the next 10 days"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... xt-10-days

Sold... but have to wait until the end of the season, no way i'd sell him now.

I'd hate to see him become injury free at another club in the middle of a season where we have literally have no strikers.

Fookin hell the sheer sight of our delegation to sign the new Brazillian Striker injured the guy's hamstring. Who brought this injury cruse upon us!
killerp

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:40 pm

killerp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm wrote:Sky Sports: "Daniel Sturridge out of action 'for at least the next 10 days"

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... xt-10-days

Sold... but have to wait until the end of the season, no way i'd sell him now.

I'd hate to see him become injury free at another club in the middle of a season where we have literally have no strikers.

Fookin hell the sheer sight of our delegation to sign the new Brazillian Striker injured the guy's hamstring. Who brought this injury cruse upon us!

He's not technically injured, he's doing a pre-season training session on his own to build up fitness. He should be back for the FA Cup match with West Ham.

Quotes from Klopp's the presser

“I have to take it like it is. I can't rush him in this situation,” Klopp said.

“The last four days were really good for Daniel. In this moment he's in a good way but he still needs time. I can't change that.

“Hopefully he can go like this for the next five or six days. Then when it's been 10 days (of training) we will see how the situation is. We will then decide if it's time for him.”
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:29 pm

killerp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm wrote: Who brought this injury cruse upon us!

Well I hate to say this but more than likely Klopp brought it with his intense training and demands on the players.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:37 am

How come professional rugby players train and play under far more stressful conditions but don't pull up every ten minutes? Bunch of freakin' wooftas.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:45 am

Maybe they do more strength conditioning compared to footballers.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:13 am

leeroy74 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:29 pm wrote:
killerp » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:35 pm wrote: Who brought this injury cruse upon us!

Well I hate to say this but more than likely Klopp brought it with his intense training and demands on the players.

He is not asking he players to scale 90 degree cliff faces with 300 pounds in a backpack. The message is run further, close down space quicker, work harder all round. That extra 5% that most other players don't bother with.

To think these people call themselves athletes! I know 50 yr olds that do triathlons that look more fit and robust than half our players.
killerp

Postby killerp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am

He's not technically injured, he's doing a pre-season training session on his own to build up fitness. He should be back for the FA Cup match with West Ham.

Best case scenario for Danny is to get him playing towards the end of this season to increase his sale value.

I'd sell Benteke along with Danny. What deadly strike package  :laugh:
killerp

Postby C-R » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:34 am

killerp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am wrote:He's not technically injured, he's doing a pre-season training session on his own to build up fitness. He should be back for the FA Cup match with West Ham.

Best case scenario for Danny is to get him playing towards the end of this season to increase his sale value.

Add Mario to those 2 are we can offer a triple discount on all 3
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:24 am

Hes probably fight enough now under normal circumstances but the club is giving him much more time than required in a last ditch attempt to get him right.

Think this will be his last chance to come back and stay fit or the club will put him on the market in the summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:27 pm

C-R » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:34 am wrote:
killerp » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:24 am wrote:He's not technically injured, he's doing a pre-season training session on his own to build up fitness. He should be back for the FA Cup match with West Ham.

Add Mario to those 2 are we can offer a triple discount on all 3

Buy two get one free !    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion