DANIEL STURRIDGE- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:56 am

What is the official story with him anyway ? is he injured or just being left out ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:04 am

I would like to know aswel. It seems like even people at press conference have given up aswel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:08 am

Is this a joke or what?
Happy for Sturridge to take his time??
THIS year is a write off?
HE HAS BEEN A CROOK FOR 2 YEARS NOW!!

He is the highest earner at the entire club and hasn't been available for 2 seasons.
Supporters might not care but it actually prevents the club from getting replacements.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:56 pm

The situation with Sturridge seems to be getting some media attention now, including rumours of him refusing to play (which are obviously b0llocks)

I personally think Klopp isn't interested as he knows he'll be in the physio room in no time. I'd cash in on both him and Benteke and let Klopp get in someone he rates and trusts. Sturridge is a lost cause
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:28 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:56 pm wrote:What is the official story with him anyway ? is he injured or just being left out ?

I doubt Klopp is that bitter that he'd cut off his nose to spite his face and leave Sturridge out if he was able to play. He seems pretty pragmatic. I've watched Bundesliga football for years and seen his interviews (in German) and if he's leaving the man out, it's most likely due to fitness. I'm sure he knows himself, if he wants to offload him anyway, then seeing him score a goal or two will increase his value, even by a million or so...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:04 am

London Evening Standard are linking West Ham with an 18 million pound bid for Daniel Sturridge

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 60451.html

Ok this is an interesting one, take the 18 million and cut our losses or hang on forever for him ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:34 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends uo there and stay injury free.

18 mill is interesting though. DS is one of the best strikers in the prem when fit but that is WHEN fit. Theres no guarantee with him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:48 am

feck off with this idea of selling him. Get him fit even if it means leaving out of every league game for the rest of this season, give him a full preseason and get him up to fitness. Lets have him back in the team for next season! Easy said than done I admit.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:04 am

i am 70% more towards a sell, 18m can go back into bringing in a new speed monster who can finish.
remember owen's and torres's injury plagued season towards the end of their lfc's career?
although we sold owen due to him not renewing his contract but on highsight his career went downhill afterwards.
same as torres.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:31 am

leeroy74 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:48 pm wrote:feck off with this idea of selling him. Get him fit even if it means leaving out of every league game for the rest of this season, give him a full preseason and get him up to fitness. Lets have him back in the team for next season! Easy said than done I admit.

This ! If it means him not playing a single minute for the remainder of the season and then coming back for next season with a decent chance of starting 25+ league games then thats a risk worth taking. Injury free, he's easily worth closer to the 50mill we got for Torres than that 18mill figure the likes of Berahino,Welbeck, etc would command.

I still maintain that Sturridge is the best talent we have at the club; he's easily the difference between us being a top8 club and us making the CL. Him missing all the games he has over the past couple of seasons is unfortunate but unless we go out and buy an Aguero, Suarez, Benzema, etc. we wont be improving on the side by selling him. We've had plenty of 20mills and 30mills to spend so our ability to sign a player for that amount is not dependent on us selling him.

Protect him, give him a decent preseason, and see if we can get him playing next season.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:11 am

Everyone knows Sturridge is a top quality player but he's barely kicked a ball for us in 2 years, it would gut me to sell such a prodigious talent but we all know in our heart of hearts that players with his injury record don't usually make miracle recoveries.
Saying that though when you have a squad that is pretty much devoid of quality and a transfer committee that couldn't pick it's nose it would take genuine balls to sell one of the two or three players we have left who is good enough to play in a title winning side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:56 pm

I'm beginning to suspect the Hammerz have 'Arthur Daley' on their transfer committee ,18 million for one of the most prolific strikers in England ,who when fit comes with a guarantee of goals.

I personally think he's refused Klopps request to catch up with the training schedule's, the very programmes Klopp insists he needs to recoup his strength ,and he's more than a bit miffed that declaring his imminent return to action  on Twitter hasn't had the expected response from Klopp in the same way a declaration on social media had on our former incumbent. Such platitudes as "Daniel is a great lad" ,and "we've really missed Daniel" ,"Daniel is a world class striker and I'm delighted he's ready to return " have not been forthcoming from Klopp.     

Klopp is the manager now ,and he expects his main striker to knuckle down and adhere to the extra training he is 'adamant' he requires before a return to the first team. Sturridge believes he's ready ,Klopp on the other hand doesn't !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:49 pm

Klopp said that we will be trying a different method in Sturridge’s comeback compared to previous failed attempts. He is doing pre-season work by himself before being introduced into training with the group. Sounds like we will take a slow and staged approach this time with the long term in view. Klopp talked about working on Sturridge’s “base fitness” before reintroducing him to the group. Obviously Danny isn’t there yet.

Klopp has a diploma is sport science and has been a manager for 15 years so I’m sure he has his own ideas about how to best handle Sturridge’s comeback.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:49 pm wrote:Klopp said that we will be trying a different method in Sturridge’s comeback compared to previous failed attempts. He is doing pre-season work by himself before being introduced into training with the group. Sounds like we will take a slow and staged approach this time with the long term in view. Klopp talked about working on Sturridge’s “base fitness” before reintroducing him to the group. Obviously Danny isn’t there yet.

Klopp has a diploma is sport science and has been a manager for 15 years so I’m sure he has his own ideas about how to best handle Sturridge’s comeback.

If he can get Daniel fit and playing regularly again he will save the club £40m+ because that's how much it would cost to replace him with a player of similar quality.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:01 pm

Well, for me it's only nostalgia from the season he actually played for us that clouds people's judgement.
My patience is gone after the last bout of injuries and tired of all the dream scenarios.
Even if he isn't playing a single game this season what guarantee is the that all of a sudden he will be practically injury free next season??
None, as I would see it extremely unlikely. To go from "practically not kicked a ball for 2 years" to not missing a beat is wishful thinking at best...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion