Weak squad?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby madred » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:27 am

I apologise to all on the forum for another load of s**t by our very own resident evil aka the bullsh**ters revenge.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:28 am

zzzzzzzzz he's too thick too :laugh: (replying to stu)
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:29 am

Don't apologise on his behalf Madred, some people make you wonder whether their fools , in the case of Hustler he opens his mouth and removes all doubt !! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:32 am

Lmao. :laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby mistyred » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:31 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (Hustler p*ss off) :;):
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Max Loo » Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:23 am

Hi Guys and Gals,
I am new in this,so please excuse my ignorant.
What do you guys think of Thomas Graverson?Will he add strength to LFC MF?He seem like a hard working midfielder.
Rgd.
Max. :D
Max Loo

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:35 am

Squadwise, yes - we're underwhelming at the minute. That said, I'm looking at who we've got, and I have to say we are still capable of putting a f*cking good first 11 out.

Maybe Finnan as a stopgap at right midfield would actually help him - he definitely needs practice and confidence in the final third. Maybe Biscan showing a bit of quality in central midfield will raise Hamman's game - he's been virtually ever-present in recent years, and possibly needs a kick up the jacksie.

A bench featuring Baros (or Owen), Pongolle, Diao and Murphy isn't the worst I've ever seen. On the plus side, we've got versatility at the back and up front, and a couple of signings will inevitably happen that'll tackle our lack of pace down the middle and at right midfield.

Basically, here's what we've got:

Dudek/Kirkland

Josemi/     Carragher     Hyypia         Riise
Finnan

Finnan/     Gerrard        Hamann/     Kewell
Murphy                        Biscan

Owen/       Cisse
                Baros

I can seriously see a team like that hurting the very best on their day. Fingers crossed there are no serious injuries to our first 11 early on, and we'll be able to have a really good go.
ivor_the_injun

Postby begintoend » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:53 am

We are all proud of the illustrious history that LFC had. 14 years on we had nil. We really need to challenge the top clubs like we did 14 years ago. History had its part and I feel its time that we should not carry it on our lips too often.

We need to create a new history chapter. I am sure it will start now. Whether we buy new players or not, we will certainly fair well. As for Arsenal, together with Chelski, remains the team to beat. But I reckon they will be wary of the new Liverpool.

I doubt that we have a weak squad, but we did have a weak mentality in keeping up with the top clubs. All that will change as this year we will be winning loads of matches. PLayers will be playing at their best and the club will certainly bring some honours back for a new history to be wriiten.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FS Pongolle » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:44 am

Sinama Pongolle should get more game
FS Pongolle

Postby barnesrush » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:17 am

hope he gets his chance
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:58 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:Stop harping on about the good old days.

I think part of the problem is you've never had any .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:12 am

:D  Back to the Post Subject, We should be careful not to rush out and buy mediocre average players like Gravieson on the basis that we are stretched a little thin at present ???

I am confidant that RB will have bought a right sided midielder by Saturday although it's leaving things a little late. Alonso looks likely and i'd like to see Rosicksy at LFC. Now compare those two to Gravieson, different class.

Was chatting earlier on another post and speculating on the midfield line up for Saturday , came to the conclusion that RB may well play Baros in Right Midfield. Be interested to know what others think  :)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:07 am

Dalglish wrote:Was chatting earlier on another post and speculating on the midfield line up for Saturday , came to the conclusion that RB may well play Baros in Right Midfield. Be interested to know what others think  :)

I'm thinking he might have too .  :(

On the other hand until he brings in some more (now desperately needed ) midfielders he could consider a change in formation . 4-3-3 ? 4-2-4 ? 
:D  :laugh:

Seriously , I'm thinking surely he's got someone or something up his sleeve, otherwise why sell Murphy when our midfield is stretched so very very thin .  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion