Weak links... who would you like to see? - Keep it realistic...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:40 am

kuyt is poo
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:42 am

RedBlood wrote:I would like us 2 stop going after Barry keep alonso & use the money 2 get Vanden Borre (Fiorentina) & Silva (Valencia)

they would cost about 30 mill but i figure selling finnan, pennant, aurielo, voronin & leto on top of the barry money would be enough                     

Riena

Borre     Carragher         Agger        Dossena

Mascherano    Alonso

Gerrard         Keane         Silva

Torres

Subs

Skrtel
Insua
Lucas
Babel
Nemeth
Pacheco
Benayoun
Plessis
N'Gog
Hyypia
Arbeloa

whoever rafa thinks we need on the bensch at the time at of them lot

i like this, at no point do you mention kuyt, either in the team, in the subs or selling him, quality post, kuyt is non existent (his play really is bad enough to make him forgetful)

:D
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:06 am

he should stick to this   :D
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 am

Watched the Valarenga game again . Not once did I see him (Kuyt) receive and control a ball cleanly nor did I see him make a worthwhile pass , the only ones that weren't picked off by the oppo were those that he time and again played back towards our own half. He's got a great engine, will run and run forever etc etc but we'd get that if we stuck a shirt on an ostrich and it'd be a lot funnier. Wouldn't miss him but he seems like one of Rafa's favourites, think we're stuck with him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:28 am

woof woof ! wrote:Watched the Valarenga game again . Not once did I see him (Kuyt) receive and control a ball cleanly nor did I see him make a worthwhile pass , the only ones that weren't picked off by the oppo were those that he time and again played back towards our own half. He's got a great engine, will run and run forever etc etc but we'd get that if we stuck a shirt on an ostrich and it'd be a lot funnier. Wouldn't miss him but he seems like one of Rafa's favourites, think we're stuck with him.

it seems that way. hamburg come in for him and rafa valued him at 16 milion quid    :D

i can never doubt his committment but like i have said before on here, i would run round like a loon for 90 minutes if i played for liverpool, but thats not enough, some footballing quality is needed, how the hell the guy has progressed this far without the ability to trap a ball is beyond me
112-1077774096

Postby RedBlood » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:40 am

peewee wrote:
RedBlood wrote:I would like us 2 stop going after Barry keep alonso & use the money 2 get Vanden Borre (Fiorentina) & Silva (Valencia)

they would cost about 30 mill but i figure selling finnan, pennant, aurielo, voronin & leto on top of the barry money would be enough                     

Riena

Borre     Carragher         Agger        Dossena

Mascherano    Alonso

Gerrard         Keane         Silva

Torres

Subs

Skrtel
Insua
Lucas
Babel
Nemeth
Pacheco
Benayoun
Plessis
N'Gog
Hyypia
Arbeloa

whoever rafa thinks we need on the bensch at the time at of them lot

i like this, at no point do you mention kuyt, either in the team, in the subs or selling him, quality post, kuyt is non existent (his play really is bad enough to make him forgetful)

oh i meant 2 put him up 4 sale aswell  :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:39 pm

peewee wrote:how the hell the guy has progressed this far without the ability to trap a ball is beyond me

As someone said.. Kuyt can trap a ball further than I can kick one!

Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 pm

RedBlood wrote:oh i meant 2 put him up 4 sale aswell  :D

Better ring Rafa in case he "meant 2" as well
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:59 pm

Owzat wrote:
RedBlood wrote:oh i meant 2 put him up 4 sale aswell  :D

Better ring Rafa in case he "meant 2" as well

i thought you love your numbers?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ben1988 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:25 pm

people need to get of kuyts back... he starts for holland... cant b a mug can he, he links up well with torres and his off the ball movement is excellent, giving people like Gerrard and  Torres to do what they do best. I agree he hasnt his the back of the net enough but give the guy a break, he plays 110% every game for the shirt. plus the guys called dirk, hes got enough sh*t in his like as it is. :D

That line up looks impressive tho, id love to see silva at the club and cant understand the thoughts behind buying barry either. I hope, whatever happens, that rafa knows what hes doing.

Having just stuck my neck on the line for kuyt what i will say is if we sold him and got 12 million which it meant we could have silva id b very happy! lol selling alonso for barry is horisontal not forward movement and u get nowhere stood still!!!!!

What is the situation on arbeloa now?? ill look in his feed in a min, but if he is going right back is our weak area... dossena looks impressive down the left but finnan is a little past it, altho he has been a a great servant for the club over the years. aaahhhhaaa now i get it.... barry < > Finnan... straight swap at right back, nice 1 rafa ???
Last edited by Ben1988 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben1988

Postby Ben1988 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 pm

so... in the Arbeloa thread people are saying hes staying and i had forgotten about Degan who has impressed me. On this basis we dont have any weak links???

Oh thers 1 people wont have thought about..... roation... we need a much more settled side, thats a new 1 for you all eh??!!!!! :D  My other more serious worry is our woefull defending of set pieces and whether they can master the zonal marking rubbish... if it works ill be the first tom come on here and hold my hands up... but as of yet they're firmly in my pockets!
Ben1988

Postby flamingpoe » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Torres                               
                               Keane
Robben   Mascherano   Alonso    Gerrard
Dossena Woodgate     Carragher Richards   
                      Reina
for a start i cant stand woodgate, always was and always will be to injury prone and a weakling little man at cb?!!?, richards as has been agreed is never leaving man city in a million years until his contract is up atleast or unless some decides they wanna cough up mega bucks, robben is a good player on his day, but other times he is too hit and miss, cause they all know he is a diving little injury prone wimp, why o why dint you think of that, gerrard needs to be played more of a centre attacking mid just behind keane and or torres and then they could of played who they where linked with, no not barry i wudn't even bother with him it would be rafinha, god knows why we never did go for him, hes also multi positional, being that they can play him as a right mid, right back, and central defensive mid, i know that no 1 has seen play as a cdm but works, believe me on this one, then i would play carra and agger in cb, lb it would aurelio, then i would let him play rb from there it would mascha as a cdm infront of the 4 and then on the i would play babel, i know he would be out of positioning, but i think on the left he is more as a crosser than a man that cuts inside, on the right i would have him coming on the inside, as left i would be playing riera if we get him and i would play stevie behind torres and keane so that stevie can fill the centre mid roll, and then when they attack he could go off on one!! and we all know that he likes doing that dont we!!?
flamingpoe

Postby faldo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:50 pm

i think the way to solve the defensive worries is to put a couple of goals on a plate for caragher early on. this should give him any extra spring in his step for the rest of the season.

i'm sensing he is ready to wind down,since retiring from england.
we all know these players are amazing once they start believing they can do it. the thing that bugs me is we were not hungry enough last season after going top.it was only when the other teams look like they could nick 4th place that we saw the urgency and desire to fight.this tells me we have a underdog mentality,rather than a leading from the front mentality.instead of getting an extra buzz from leading the whole prem we fell away.

rafa has this underdog mentality,which has seen him put people like crouch and riise in the team when playing badly....then benching them once they found their form.he then likes to boast about standing by crouch when everybody was giving him stick.he bought torres because people were doubting him in spain,and wanted to be the guy who coached torres back to top form,but torres hit the ground running.thus taking any coaching credit away from rafa....so he benched him. this underdog mentality has seen us do some amazing things in cup competitions, but its not there in the the hard long season.
its time to scrap the underdog thing and start being considered a superiority team.....i would like to see marcos senna of spain instead of barry,he must be cheaper than 18 million pounds.
Last edited by faldo on Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faldo

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion