Radio 5: mark lawrenson: liverpol weak

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:52 am

Mark Lawrenson " We are going to be a very weak team, no real move have been made to bring the right players into the club.
We have left it so late that the bedt players have been snaped up"
"we have some big games coming soon and i have no doubt that we will win them"
" the board should have sat down with steven gerrard right after the last game and put pen to paper and we would have seen some big names coming to the club at a good price"
"i am worried very worried"

Hmm whats all this about , do you think we have left it too late...we might have done

**** sorry for the typo in the title
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:54 am

That guy really sucks c**k, I'd love to see him in the street and tell what a c**t he is right to his face, so call ex-red my ar*e :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:55 am

Just because new players haven't been unveiled dosen't mean that they aren't waiting in the wings. Who else has signed world class players. The only thing on the news is gossip and Chelsea being knocked back by every club in Europe.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:59 am

ckay wrote:Just because new players haven't been unveiled dosen't mean that they aren't waiting in the wings. Who else has signed world class players. The only thing on the news is gossip and Chelsea being knocked back by every club in Europe.

yes true, there has not been many teams getting big names right now
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:03 am

I'm really happy about Chelsea being knocked back. Just goes to show that money isn't everything. They're supossedly paying £20 mill for SWP. That is funny.

If they aren't paying fine's there being ripped off.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby policy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:26 am

Even if we don't get anyone, we still have the nucleus of a CL winning team. Not a bad start if you ask me.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:29 am

Only problem there is that we had a depleated squad to start with and we've lost about 5 players since. We need signing and not just squad players. Last seasons CL win was above expectaions, we need to build on it and challenge the top 3 for PL domination.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:56 am

Lawro is more of a legend than anybody on this site will ever be. You mightn't agree with his views but he is stating what he thinks.

LfC finished closer to the bottom than top (on points) for second year in a row so we are weak and need to improve.

How much of improvement we'll get from foreigners having settled in and knowing team better will be seen over the coming months and is impossible to judge. Rafa also needs to improve in the premiership but should be better than last year.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:41 pm

Just because new players haven't been unveiled dosen't mean that they aren't waiting in the wings. Who else has signed world class players. The only thing on the news is gossip and Chelsea being knocked back by every club in Europe.

agree, Chelski can't sign any strikers even tho they have offerd silly money to Barca, Juventus, Inter + anyone else who has a decent front man.  I trust Rafa, he brought in Alonso last year.....a player wanted by Real, Manure and a few other big clubs...i reacon Rafa has his players lined up and will not be rushed.  Also, with a fit Kewell, Cisse, Alonso, it's going to be like having 3 new players anyway.  I trust Rafa and am glad he's not doing a Kevin Keegan and trying to buy 4 new strikers in the first week of the summer.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:24 pm

Big Niall wrote:Lawro is more of a legend than anybody on this site will ever be. You mightn't agree with his views but he is stating what he thinks.

LfC finished closer to the bottom than top (on points) for second year in a row so we are weak and need to improve.

How much of improvement we'll get from foreigners having settled in and knowing team better will be seen over the coming months and is impossible to judge. Rafa also needs to improve in the premiership but should be better than last year.

I'm not disputing him being a lehend, what I'm saying is that he never has anything possitive to say about Liverpool and I ALWAYS negative, he's just a misserable b3ll3nd!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:30 pm

Who cares, not matter how much of a legend he was on the field, this is now Lawro the sensationlist media pundit who says whatever will get him the biggest headline
If Lawro opinion is anything to go by we wouldnt have got out of the CL group stage last season
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:31 pm

He obviously just wants to say somethign controversial.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:40 pm

Lawro will say what he thinks-which is usually any kind of comment that will garner him a return to where he made his last comment.

He has bills to pay and he'll do what he can to pay them.

We cant deny that we underachieved in the league last season, whilst overachieving in europe, however while we try not to play the injury card too often it definately had an effect on our season-more in terms of being able to field a settled side than influence of actual indivduals.

But for him to say we are weak is more than a little harsh.

Man Usa at their place and The :censored: (first half) at their place are the only two times i can say we were given a chasing.

Wonder how he would view The Bitters?
daddyo

Postby AussieKopite » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:43 pm

daddyo wrote:Lawro will say what he thinks-which is usually any kind of comment that will garner him a return to where he made his last comment.

He has bills to pay and he'll do what he can to pay them.

We cant deny that we underachieved in the league last season, whilst overachieving in europe, however while we try not to play the injury card too often it definately had an effect on our season-more in terms of being able to field a settled side than influence of actual indivduals.

But for him to say we are weak is more than a little harsh.

Man Usa at their place and The :censored: (first half) at their place are the only two times i can say we were given a chasing.

Wonder how he would view The Bitters?

Its just a pity he resorts to slagging off LFC.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:45 pm

lakes10 wrote:We have left it so late that the best players have been snaped up

who ???

:p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next