Warnock for england? - Could be called up for qualifiers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby is-stan-bul » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:03 pm

I can't understand why the majority of people on here are knocking Warnock so much. You've got to give the lad credit for sticking it out at anfield after Houllier cracking idea [not] of forgetting about the english youngsters at the club and bringing all that young french cr@p into the club; don't forget that he hasn't even reached 40 first team games for the club and he is already catching the eye of the national coach; he may get caught out occasionally in matches but I challenge anyone to point out a defender of his age -past or present- who hasn't been. I think it will be valuable experience for the lad and good luck to him.
is-stan-bul

Postby King Carra » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:08 pm

Well he could very well find himself as England's number two, because Bridge won't get a game for Chelsea (Del Horno looks a great buy), unless he moves clubs, but what top teams in the Premiership need a new left back?.
King Carra

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:11 pm

King Carra wrote:Well he could very well find himself as England's number two, because Bridge won't get a game for Chelsea (Del Horno looks a great buy), unless he moves clubs, but what top teams in the Premiership need a new left back?.

maybe newcastle will buy him and play him as a striker  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RifleRusher » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:17 pm

just let warnock have a go.. it'll be good for him.. he'll learn some new stuff.. he's been amazing for us and you never know what he can do for england.. so just let him try
RifleRusher

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:20 pm

anytime a player get a first time call-up it will give a boost to his confidence and hopefully that will translate to his game. i think he still got some way to go but the fact that he got a call up means that his game is improving and that will be good for lfc.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby King Carra » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:26 pm

Yeah it would be good if Warnock got into the England squad, but what happened if he played and he messes up like James did against Denmark, if he mayed any mistakes he would be hounded by the press and this would surely dent his confidence.
King Carra

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:28 pm

rash wrote:i feel sorry for England if this is true

seems like its rash by name and rash by nature :no
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby is-stan-bul » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:31 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:

I with you wright(not Mark):bowdown . The only person we should be feeling sorry for are the people who don't realise that we are finally seeing another quality local lad coming through the ranks after so many years of seeing nothing comin' out of the academy  :buttrock .
is-stan-bul

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:49 pm

is-stan-bul wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:

I with you wright(not Mark):bowdown . The only person we should be feeling sorry for are the people who don't realise that we are finally seeing another quality local lad coming through the ranks after so many years of seeing nothing comin' out of the academy  :buttrock .

Nice one lash! If we continue to develop  the talent from the local area not only would we save ourselves a lot of money, but we would have a more determined side who are more likely to bleed for the liverbird! Before anyone jumps on me i'm not questioning the commitment of the likes of hyppia and hamann, I just think its good to know that we have two other local lads who could be the long term replacements (whitbread and welsh).

btw, wat percentage of profit would we get wen we eventually move the local lads on?..................that's right a 100%, like the effort they would put in.  :bowdown
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:56 pm

rash wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:

at least give an explanation of why?

england can do better than that...

what ever happened to glenn johnson?

Rash you talk gash

Johnson is a right-footed right-back
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rash » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm

yes it was a bit rash, i admit..
rash

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:46 pm

Well he could very well find himself as England's number two, because Bridge won't get a game for Chelsea (Del Horno looks a great buy), unless he moves clubs, but what top teams in the Premiership need a new left back?.

We need a good LB but it's not on our priority list as there are other positions that need to be worked on. I'd like us to sign Bridge in January
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby venpk09 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:46 pm

seems like warnock is not good enough. hes 23 not 20. hopefully he just turn out to be a late developer or maybe due to hollier dwading, his development was stunted and now rafa will be getting the best out of him.
venpk09

Postby 2520years » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:47 pm

Well, he's in the squad!  Maybe he'll get to 'the next level' after all.
:O
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby liverpoolrich » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 pm

Good luck to him
image/jpeg
liverpoolrich

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion