Volume on mute for the time being - Anfield crys

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:09 pm

Gerard Houllier today called on the Liverpool fans to get behind the team and help roar them on to Champions League qualification. 
Houllier insists that everyone at the club must pull together if they are to achieve that much-coveted fourth place finish in the Premiership and he believes the supporters have a vital role to play.

"We will be giving it our best shot to try and get into the Champions League and I hope the fans will be giving it their best shot too," says the Reds boss.

"The players mentioned that the crowd were quiet during the Charlton game. It was quiet but we, the team, were quiet ourselves. When we play we've got to be together, the team and the fans.

"I understand why they booed at the end of the game because we didn't get the result and we could have done better on the day.

"But now I am asking of the fans what I ask of the players and that is to forget about Charlton and focus on the five games we have coming up, starting tomorrow against Fulham.

WELL ITS LIKE THIS MONSIEUR HOULLIER ,WE THE FANS WERE ALL SET TO CHEER ON OUR CLUB ,BUT WHEN IT BECAME APPARRENT THAT OWEN WOULD BE PLAYING UP FRONT ALONE WE WERE CONCERNED AND THE INTRODUCTION OF SMICER ADDED TO OUR IMPENDING LARIYNIGITUS ,WE OFFER OUR HEARTFELT APPOLOGIES ,BUT IN FUTURE IF YOU COULD SEE YOUR WAY TO MAKING A COMPETENT TEAM SELECTION IM SURE THIS WOULD ENABLE US TO FIND SOME VOLUME IN OUR VOICES !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion