Valencia & deportivo: model for us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:56 pm

All three teams are now struggling (Valencia have literally gone into free fall lately) but I think my point is still valid as these three teams had been competitive for years and chances are they'll come again.

The potential advantage we'd have over them is that we are simply a bigger club.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:13 pm

I know I heard today the fans are calling for Ranieri head they have 1 point out of 5 games, but the best players are injured, vincente, ayala, Baraja, and mista, it was always going to be a hard act to follow when benitez left with Ranieri being italian, and his english isnt much good in the with all the spaniards in the la liga, I have respect for that man hes a gent and chelsea treated him with disgrace, but im afraid I can see him being sacked very soon if things dont start to look up.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:16 pm

Their Champions League form hasn't been great either. A 1-5 defeat at home to Inter hardly bodes well.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:22 pm

To be honest though if Benitez would have stayed at Valencia ,I couldnt see him winning the league again this season had he have stayed, barca are well on form as is Real with the help of our Michael. So he made the best decition to come to us at least we are a club with patients. And the fans are going to have lots of patience and respect for him. As we can see him on the touchline basically being the 12 player on the pitch, and his dissappointment when we have been beat.
He lives and breathes every moment with the team something we havent seen for many years.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:32 pm

Barca are clearly a coming team, but at the end of last season and before I knew a whole lot about Benitez I tipped Valencia to be the true dark horses for this seasons CL, as they were just as good defensively as Porto but more creative.
Last edited by JBG on Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:42 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Barca are clearly a coming team, but at the end of last season and before I knew a whole lot about Benitez I tipped Valencia to be the true dark horses for this seasons CL, as they were just as good defensively as Porto but more creative.

I watched the first celtic v barca game in the champions league and there players are fantastic but celtics players a lot of them big being used to heavy handed tactics, I may word this wrong, but they where as lightweight as garcia, I mean ronaldino hasnt got an ounce of muscle on him and they just played celtic off the park, when they are used to the old firm games and kickin each other everywhere, and it makes me think with benitez in charge what kind of players is he going to bring in, and Garcia coming from Barca.
Why the difference that the new spanish additions look to lightweight for the prem?
And when Valencia played us 2 seasons ago they played us off the park. It is confusing but I hope you understand what I am getting at.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:43 pm

I do Lynds.  :upside:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 pm

:D Hehe I never post in here always think i dont know enough :D I probably dont anyway but what the hell :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:48 pm

:)
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:52 pm

Ill go back to general chat now  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:51 pm

We certainly managed to emulate those two teams this year: Deportivo in the domestic league and Porto in Europe! :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion