Uefa cup not good enough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:02 am

There are 12 prem games left and we have to treat everyone of them fixtures as a final, anything less will be critical to the points at the end of the season.

Bolton are 4 points behind us and Boro 3, every season the critics always say they wont last the pace, and hold there nerve till the end, but theres no Newcastle this season and UEFA place will go to either us should we not get 4th, boro, bolton. we still have to play 3 of these teams.

Bolton are a hard team to break down, boro turned us over with one of the worst Liverpool performances ive seen in years, bolton and boro play against each other tomorrow, heres hoping for a draw from them 2.

Now the BS I have a terrible feeling that they will beat chelsea tomorrow or it will be a draw, there pitch is a disgrace, only the goal mouths have been returfed :Oo:  chelsea will be worried about getting injured going in for tackles on such a surface.
Mike Reillys the ref he gave an awful desition on new years day in chelseas favour, lets hope he does the same tomorrow.

Liverpool well what can I say 3 points is needed tomorrow nothing more nothing less, Rafa needs to drum this into there heads, they need to start performing away from home, no more travel sickness, stick with the same team as the last 2 games, but without Garcia, maybe Nunez coming in for him and getting some crosses into Morientes.

If we fail to get 4th we stand to lose an hell of alot of money, we will lose Gerrard if he hasnt already decided, we need to attract more players which we will with CL qualification and we wont do that if we are in UEFA cup.

Loss of cash plus big players like to play on the big stage, we have Cisse, Baros, Alonso, Morientes, Gerrard? all big names to take to the stage in CL 2005-2006 plus hopefully with the additions to one or two in the summer transfer window.

The players out of contract and not good enough for LFC should be playing out there skins from now till the end of the season, Traore, Biscan cant really include Vladi or Kewell, them players on loan should be brought back or sold.
Diouf, Vignal, Cheyrou off the books they are never going to play for us again.

UEFA qualification will be a disaster should we not get 4th as over the last 5 years our clubs spent nearly 150 million on players, we are along way off the top 3 but surely with that amount of money spent we should be in the top 4.

Heres hoping to a trophey from the Carling cup, and 4th anything else will be seen as a dissapointing season, injuries havent helped I know, but the players we have fit should carry us into 4th place with a chance to shine on the big stage next season, and  challenging the top 3.

COME ON PLEASE LIVERPOOL YOUS CAN DO IT.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:53 pm

actually...... not getting the "coveted" 4th spot, does have its good points ... (depending on your view).

With all our regulars back next season

1)Cisse
2)Alonso
3)Kewell

couple with a few quality singings, we will deffo be challenging for the league. With the top 3 going for all in the champions league (and bound to slip up), we can pick up a lot of points.

So it is not the end of the world if we don't qualify for champions league, in my view that is.

But the bad news is, we have to lie low for a few months becos the blue sh1ts will be over all our faces....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:37 pm

trouble is gerrard would have a excuse to bail out and trying to attract top quality replacements would be a lot more difficult without the carrot of champions league football.
i think it would be a disaster.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:45 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:trouble is gerrard would have a excuse to bail out and trying to attract top quality replacements would be a lot more difficult without the carrot of champions league football.
i think it would be a disaster.

If he wants out, he will find all sorts of reason to go. Moores stepping down, couldn't agree with Rafa's tactics, not enough world class players, didn't win the F.A Cup, Premiership, Champions League etc. etc.

Hearing how Parry already give his half-arsed spin on the possibility of losing Stevie, he might be right. It's no use to keep him here if his mind's somewhere else. But I hoped the board will have more business sense and demand as much as possible for him, especially a move to our rival in London.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:actually...... not getting the "coveted" 4th spot, does have its good points ...

The biggest loss will be financial ones...and in this stage of rebuilding, the money will be very useful, not to mention being able to attract quality players to the club.

So I will say getting the 4th spot is a MUST!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:11 pm

The_Rock wrote:With the top 3 going for all in the champions league (and bound to slip up), we can pick up a lot of points.

So it is not the end of the world if we don't qualify for champions league, in my view that is.

But if we get UEFA place we would be in that competition so its the same thing really, only you play against the euro elite in the CL.
4th spot is a must for 1. financial we are 50 million short for the new stadium.
And 2. you attract better quality players if your in the Champs League competition.

We will fall further behind the top 3 again if we dont qualify, it will be devastating, remember 2 seasons ago, everytime a match came on with the Champions league song on I was on a right downer :down:  cause we wernt in it.

We have enough quality in the team to take us there, but do they have the right (mentality) Rafas favourite word :D , to take us there, remember Stevie dragged us into it last season I cant see him doing that again.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:07 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:[We have enough quality in the team to take us there, but do they have the right (mentality) Rafas favourite word :D ,

:D too right.. the right .. mentality .. and a few prayers.. luck and rub of the green.. oh and some committed footie .. too .. that's all we ask   :upside:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:19 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
The_Rock wrote:With the top 3 going for all in the champions league (and bound to slip up), we can pick up a lot of points.

But if we get UEFA place we would be in that competition so its the same thing really, only you play against the euro elite in the CL.
4th spot is a must for 1. financial we are 50 million short for the new stadium.
And 2. you attract better quality players if your in the Champs League competition.

We will fall further behind the top 3 again if we dont qualify, it will be devastating, remember 2 seasons ago, everytime a match came on with the Champions league song on I was on a right downer :down:  cause we wernt in it.

We have enough quality in the team to take us there, but do they have the right (mentality) Rafas favourite word :D , to take us there, remember Stevie dragged us into it last season I cant see him doing that again.

there's a slight difference....we can ****** care the uefa cup (treat it as league cup) & just concerntrate on the league....

Yes, qualifying for 4th place is important...but it is not doomsday if we don't.

This season in a lot of ways is a write-off for me. It is just a freak season (new manager, injuries, baffling ref decision earlier in the season....). Anything that can go wrong has.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:27 am

Dont get me wrong when we won the UEFA cup a few years ago it was one of the best nights I can remember for a long time, it was brilliant.  When Robie was going through a bad time and didnt play the players let him lift the cup first it was a brilliant night one I will never forget.

But if we are in it next season dont expect us to lay down and die and through that opportunity of winning that trophey, we will fight for it.  But we need the CL competition no matter what happens.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:31 am

i shall not debate that. No gonna argue with a chick  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:23 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:There are 12 prem games left and we have to treat everyone of them fixtures as a final, anything less will be critical to the points at the end of the season.

Bolton are 4 points behind us and Boro 3, every season the critics always say they wont last the pace, and hold there nerve till the end, but theres no Newcastle this season and UEFA place will go to either us should we not get 4th, boro, bolton. we still have to play 3 of these teams.

Bolton are a hard team to break down, boro turned us over with one of the worst Liverpool performances ive seen in years, bolton and boro play against each other tomorrow, heres hoping for a draw from them 2.

Now the BS I have a terrible feeling that they will beat chelsea tomorrow or it will be a draw, there pitch is a disgrace, only the goal mouths have been returfed :Oo:  chelsea will be worried about getting injured going in for tackles on such a surface.
Mike Reillys the ref he gave an awful desition on new years day in chelseas favour, lets hope he does the same tomorrow.

Liverpool well what can I say 3 points is needed tomorrow nothing more nothing less, Rafa needs to drum this into there heads, they need to start performing away from home, no more travel sickness, stick with the same team as the last 2 games, but without Garcia, maybe Nunez coming in for him and getting some crosses into Morientes.

If we fail to get 4th we stand to lose an hell of alot of money, we will lose Gerrard if he hasnt already decided, we need to attract more players which we will with CL qualification and we wont do that if we are in UEFA cup.

Loss of cash plus big players like to play on the big stage, we have Cisse, Baros, Alonso, Morientes, Gerrard? all big names to take to the stage in CL 2005-2006 plus hopefully with the additions to one or two in the summer transfer window.

The players out of contract and not good enough for LFC should be playing out there skins from now till the end of the season, Traore, Biscan cant really include Vladi or Kewell, them players on loan should be brought back or sold.
Diouf, Vignal, Cheyrou off the books they are never going to play for us again.

UEFA qualification will be a disaster should we not get 4th as over the last 5 years our clubs spent nearly 150 million on players, we are along way off the top 3 but surely with that amount of money spent we should be in the top 4.

Heres hoping to a trophey from the Carling cup, and 4th anything else will be seen as a dissapointing season, injuries havent helped I know, but the players we have fit should carry us into 4th place with a chance to shine on the big stage next season, and  challenging the top 3.

COME ON PLEASE LIVERPOOL YOUS CAN DO IT.

Very agreeable post, nice one. I think Gerrard staying could go either way 4th or not, it depends on the lads heart.
Champions League football is a neccesity, if Everton or Boro get it it would be a massive bonus, but for us it is bread and water, we simply cannot risk a season without the money and the credibility of that competition.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion