Fan to sue uefa

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed May 30, 2007 11:54 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport....v30.xml

Very interesting. It's very scary that anything could have happened last week and it could have been on a huge scale.

It must be heart wrenching to not get in the ground with a valid ticket and it's obvious UEFA didn't think this through and the Policing should hjave been alot better.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed May 30, 2007 12:34 pm

My mate came back from Athens at the weekend and said that the organisation was a joke, he said their were 12 gates and only 2 were open so their was massive congestion, he said their were loads of fans packed into one small area, he got video footage of it and I have to say UEFA have a lot to answer for. :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 30, 2007 12:39 pm

I wondered if anyone would try this. About time, I reckon.

Best of luck to the guy - if it takes someone hauling UEFA in front of a judge for them to do something about how they organise events like this, then so be it.

I'll be following this very, very closely. Hope to god he doesn't just settle out of court.
ivor_the_injun

Postby supersub » Wed May 30, 2007 2:42 pm

For anyone who wasn't there,that account of the events outside the ground is about the most accurate you will get.Thankfully I missed the gas by minutes; sadly 5 of my friends suffered with 2 of them taking a few kicks and the odd baton to the body.Another 2 mates were left stranded with genuine tickets in their hands.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:50 pm

Good on him, I hope he wipes the floor with them.

I can't say I think it is likely, but I hope they get a kick up the backside for future competitions.
LFC2007

Postby The Red Baron » Wed May 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Inside the ground a young girl collapsed in front of me,Ithought she was having an asthma attack.There was a steward[scruffy tw@t with a bib on] he was more interested in taking photos of the stadium,until Igrabbed him by the scruff of the neck and litterally dragged him to the girl.He didnt have a clue,eventually some medics appeared it was like something out of the chuckle brothers.The girl wasnt suffering from asthma it was the effects of the tear gas.
Indiscriminent attack on men women and children.Disgrace.

This may upset a few people,As long as UEFA CONTINUE TO GIVE THE FINAL TO THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES THIS IS ALWAYS ON THE CARDS.

GOD HELP US IN MOSCOW

I AM AWARE OF GREECES HISTORY,AND WE WERE WELCOMED BY THE LOCALS,BUT ANY COUNTRY THAT CANT COPE WITH TOILET PAPER THROUGH ITS PIPES IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. rant over.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed May 30, 2007 3:05 pm

good luck to him and with a bit of luck he`ll win his case and open the door for others.

just think people we might of played manure in Athens, its a sickening thought, UEFA dont know how lucky they where.

last week was a wake up call to all of us.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:06 pm

I AM AWARE OF GREECES HISTORY,AND WE WERE WELCOMED BY THE LOCALS,BUT ANY COUNTRY THAT CANT COPE WITH TOILET PAPER THROUGH ITS PIPES IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. rant over

:laugh: PMSL  :laugh:
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed May 30, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
I AM AWARE OF GREECES HISTORY,AND WE WERE WELCOMED BY THE LOCALS,BUT ANY COUNTRY THAT CANT COPE WITH TOILET PAPER THROUGH ITS PIPES IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. rant over

:laugh: PMSL  :laugh:

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Wed May 30, 2007 4:17 pm

The Red Baron wrote:This may upset a few people,As long as UEFA CONTINUE TO GIVE THE FINAL TO THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES THIS IS ALWAYS ON THE CARDS.

GOD HELP US IN MOSCOW

I AM AWARE OF GREECES HISTORY,AND WE WERE WELCOMED BY THE LOCALS,BUT ANY COUNTRY THAT CANT COPE WITH TOILET PAPER THROUGH ITS PIPES IS A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. rant over.

pmsl  :D   :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:25 pm

There must be, by all accounts, hundreds of fans who didn't get in and had tickets, they should get in contact and all sue Uefa. The bad press and inconvenience just might help all of us in the future.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Wed May 30, 2007 5:54 pm

More people need to do this. One person alone is not enough!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu May 31, 2007 12:42 am

just wait, the accident group will be ringing every 0151 number they can find. "were you in athens?" "No? you were in kirkby?, OK let's just pretend you were in athens and you got some whiplash in a car crash as well...."

oh no wait, they won't - cos they went bust and the owner is now dead :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS » Thu May 31, 2007 1:54 am

Good Luck to the guy, i hope he wins!
From what i saw it was badly organised, and to say the least extremly dangerous!

The whole situation put out a bad message to supporters that want to see live games in Athens.

Not to mention what is going on with uefa that there tickets cant have better security, like photo's on the tickets just like the world cup.
GO_THE_MIGHTY_REDSS

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 31, 2007 5:21 am

Good luck to the fella.

UEFA deserve a good hiding, the thick, useless tw*ts.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion