The striker situation. - We obviously need somebody......

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:48 pm

Sabre wrote:Goalie is too underrated position in your country it seems. In my town the goalies were not the bad players, it's a position it requires guts and leadership. No weak boys in the goals of my town. It's a serious position in football. So yes, I had a reaction a bit like that Nanny :D

Sabes the goalies here are not underestimated far from it. imo its the most important thing to have a good goalie.

Dunno about them were that other fella Petar comes from though. Seems to me he just loves Ryan Babel :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:56 pm

Reina has been as important a signing as Torres imo. Behind every great team is always a great keeper. So glad hes ours. My only gripe with overseas players is that after a while they want to go back home ect...
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby slickrick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 pm

not sure if anyone has already said this but wouldn't mind getting ashley young and modric! what would be the chances of getting either of these players in january?
slickrick

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:00 am

Slim to none and thats being generous.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Sabre wrote:After the views of Petar about Goalies, I think that it's time to address a good thread opener. Which I agree, and I'll go further saying for me it's one of Rafa's bad points. It was in summer, in which I remember many mentioned crossing fingers in order Torres wasn't injured, and now it's blatantly obvious.

If the Owen option which I like is not possible according to Rafa, then we do need another one. In my country I can think of Ewerthon, who's a very good striker of Zaragoza playing in segunda (this is an accident because he's a primera player) and should be cheap.

Saviola would be an interesting option, he never clicked there and I think he could be an option.

We'd need that. A quality player like Larsson was who's ready to not be the first and main option. The problem is that if we dismiss Owen, and talking about a expensive position, that's very difficult.

Our forward must be headless chicken,according to Rafa`s tactics
Petar

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Petar wrote:Our forward must be headless chicken,according to Rafa`s tactics

I think grafters is the word your looking for.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Petar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:39 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Sabre wrote:Goalie is too underrated position in your country it seems. In my town the goalies were not the bad players, it's a position it requires guts and leadership. No weak boys in the goals of my town. It's a serious position in football. So yes, I had a reaction a bit like that Nanny :D

Sabes the goalies here are not underestimated far from it. imo its the most important thing to have a good goalie.

Dunno about them were that other fella Petar comes from though. Seems to me he just loves Ryan Babel :laugh:

I appreciate Pepe,Fabio,Insua,Degen,Arby,Carra,Skrtel,Hyypia,Agger,Xabi,Riera,Masch,Steven,Pennant,Kuyt
,Keane,Torres,Ryan. I do not appreciate Benny and Lucas and that is all. And Dossena,of course. I really like Ryan,Pennant,Gerrard(when pushing hard),Mascherano,Kuyt(not that I would play him every week,it is ridiculous what is Rafa doing.) You can see that I support our team and I am doing it during 90 minutes,but I hate playing players out of position,instructing forwards to run like headless chickens,awful subs decisions,playing two holding midfielders every game,only one threat from corners(Sami),buying slow fullbacks... Nice to meet you
Petar

Postby maguskwt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Petar wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

I appreciate Pepe,Fabio,Insua,Degen,Arby,Carra,Skrtel,Hyypia,Agger,Xabi,Riera,Masch,Steven,Pennant,Kuyt
,Keane,Torres,Ryan. I do not appreciate Benny and Lucas and that is all. And Dossena,of course. I really like Ryan,Pennant,Gerrard(when pushing hard),Mascherano,Kuyt(not that I would play him every week,it is ridiculous what is Rafa doing.) You can see that I support our team and I am doing it during 90 minutes,but I hate playing players out of position,instructing forwards to run like headless chickens,awful subs decisions,playing two holding midfielders every game,only one threat from corners(Sami),buying slow fullbacks... Nice to meet you

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Cisse, Baros, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Morientes, Crouch, Bellamy, Voronin, Fowler, Kuyt, and now Keane.  You'd have to admit that Rafa tactics or game plan are not striker-friendly.  We tried so many strikers and Torres is the only player that had a real impact.  If we are getting another striker, he has to be world class, otherwise the new striker will just be another player on that list. 
Replacing the current scouting department would be a good start IMO.
oakton

Postby Madmax » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:23 pm

oakton wrote:Cisse, Baros, Mellor, Sinama-Pongolle, Morientes, Crouch, Bellamy, Voronin, Fowler, Kuyt, and now Keane.  You'd have to admit that Rafa tactics or game plan are not striker-friendly.  We tried so many strikers and Torres is the only player that had a real impact.  If we are getting another striker, he has to be world class, otherwise the new striker will just be another player on that list. 
Replacing the current scouting department would be a good start IMO.

Baros and crouch were not that bad but morientes was a major dissappointment. I really thought he was going to be a hero with liverpool. I agree though we would have to buy world class if we want to sort out our problems up front. I just still cant believe we splashed 20 mil on keane. I would like to see martins with us he may not be world class but could be with us. Then again he may just turn out to be another fringe striker.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion