The Results Comparison - 2006-07 versus 2007-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:14 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:It is a pointless stat mate, our squad has changed as has the team we are playing against, different weather, different circumstances, international games, europe next week, injuries etc etc etc. its like if we draw real madrid in the champions league and someone says 'well we beat them in the final', yeah but that was in 1981, no relevance just like our result at pompey last season has no relevance on the result this season, it is no barometer as to whether we have improved or not

If you dont want to read it then please feel free from refraining from doing so. However please dont spam hte thread with your views on it.

I dont like netball, dont see the point in it, hence I refrain from watching it and never post on netball forums.

why is it spam leon, you really are starting to annoy mate with your attitude.

what is it now, we have to agree with you unless you say its spamming. its a forum, you post one opinion and i posted another, i could easily turn around and say your post is spam as it bears no relevance on what is happening this season. i gave my reasosn why i think the stats are pointless, thats hardly spamming, its called debate.

so leon please dont spam the forum with pointless stats

(see it can work both ways)

I will not get into your silly little arguments mate.

Act your age will you.

I explained the reason I think its pointless posting your stuff in here.

I will do it again:

I dont like tennis. I dont like to watch it or play it.

This in mind, I dont post on any tennis forums, and any started on here I dont read or post in.

I dont see the point in telling people who talk about it that it is rubbish.

so thanks for just proving my point, you are basically saying we have to agree with you or else its spamming. my post is relevant to the thread leon, you offer one opinion and i offer another, thats called debate and its part of a forum.

with regards to growing up mate, you are the one coming across as
'agree with me or don't post'

what next, dish out warning for people deating something they dont agree with, if you dont have the ability to answer my post or maybe ypou actually agree with my post then thats not my problem, but laying doen the law because i disagree with you on a point, (which even bigmick can see the validity of what i am saying) is childish
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:19 pm

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
peewee wrote:It is a pointless stat mate, our squad has changed as has the team we are playing against, different weather, different circumstances, international games, europe next week, injuries etc etc etc. its like if we draw real madrid in the champions league and someone says 'well we beat them in the final', yeah but that was in 1981, no relevance just like our result at pompey last season has no relevance on the result this season, it is no barometer as to whether we have improved or not

If you dont want to read it then please feel free from refraining from doing so. However please dont spam hte thread with your views on it.

I dont like netball, dont see the point in it, hence I refrain from watching it and never post on netball forums.

why is it spam leon, you really are starting to annoy mate with your attitude.

what is it now, we have to agree with you unless you say its spamming. its a forum, you post one opinion and i posted another, i could easily turn around and say your post is spam as it bears no relevance on what is happening this season. i gave my reasosn why i think the stats are pointless, thats hardly spamming, its called debate.

so leon please dont spam the forum with pointless stats

(see it can work both ways)

I will not get into your silly little arguments mate.

Act your age will you.

I explained the reason I think its pointless posting your stuff in here.

I will do it again:

I dont like tennis. I dont like to watch it or play it.

This in mind, I dont post on any tennis forums, and any started on here I dont read or post in.

I dont see the point in telling people who talk about it that it is rubbish.

so thanks for just proving my point, you are basically saying we have to agree with you or else its spamming. my post is relevant to the thread leon, you offer one opinion and i offer another, thats called debate and its part of a forum.

with regards to growing up mate, you are the one coming across as
'agree with me or don't post'

what next, dish out warning for people deating something they dont agree with, if you dont have the ability to answer my post or maybe ypou actually agree with my post then thats not my problem, but laying doen the law because i disagree with you on a point, (which even bigmick can see the validity of what i am saying) is childish

What I am saying, is the thread is about a certain thing, if it doesnt interest you then dont read it.

Cant stop people posting, wouldnt want to.

I dont post in the computer games thread, as I am not a big fan.

I dont post in the thread however telling people there is no point in having a thread as its not real life.

Can we leave it now ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 pm

it does interest me, because i disagree doesnt mean i am not interested mate, i am just interested with a different opinion to you.

what you are saying is tht i cant enter and everton thread if someone starts one as i dont support them
112-1077774096

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:29 pm

peewee wrote:it does interest me, because i disagree doesnt mean i am not interested mate, i am just interested with a different opinion to you.

what you are saying is tht i cant enter and everton thread if someone starts one as i dont support them

No what I was saying was I dont see the point in adding to that debate as it doesnt interest you.

anyway post away, sorry bout the spam thing, and I love you millions.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:34 pm

no problem mate, i love you more :D
112-1077774096

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:39 pm

Whats wrong with tennis? :p

I like to see comparisons and stats, so I think this could be interesting over the course of the season. I agree that trying to extract anything meaningful from them can be tricky but at least it gives an overall impression of any progress(or lack of) when spread over a few games.

One thing that might help them to be slightly more meaningful is if you gave their relevant league positions last season and now i.e. Chelsea 2nd last season 4th position (or wherever they actually were) this season before we played them? May have more relevance when we look back later on.
account deleted by request

Postby zarababe » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:53 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:This Season
11/08/2007 Aston Villa (A)
Result: Won 2-1
3 points

Last Season Team
18/03/2007 Aston Villa (A)

Result: Drawn 0-0
1 point

Last Season Game
19/08/2006 Sheffield United (A)

Result: Drawn 1-1
1 point

Conclusion - 2 points better than last season against the same team and 2 points better off than at this stage of last season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Season
19/08/2007 Chelsea (H)
1 point
Cumulative Total 4 points

Last Season Team
20/01/2007 Chelsea (H)

Result: Won 2-0
3 points
Cumulative Total : 4 points

Last Season Game
26/08/2006 West Ham United (H)

3 points

Conclusion - 2 points dropped from last season against the same team, although we all know that Rob Styles was the only reason Chelsea salvaged the draw, and points are the same as after our second game of last season.

Overall at this stage of last season we where on 4 points, and thats the same here, but we have dropped 2 points to Chelsea, we will need to get them back at Stamford Bridge by bettering our 0-1 loss there last term.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Season
25/08/2007 Sunderland (A)
3 points
Cumulative Total : 7 points

Last Season Team
18/03/2007 Sheffield United (A)

1 point
Cumulative Total : 5 points

Last Season Game
09/09/2006 Everton (A)

Result: Lost 0-3
0 points
Cumulative total : 4 points

Conclusion - A good result at the Stadium of light as opposed to the draw (Sheffield United used as comparison) last season, and a horrendous Derby defeat at Goodison.

Overall we are on 7 this season, 3 up on the 4 at this stage last season and 2 points better off against the same opponents.

This Season
01/09/07 Derby County (H)
Result: Won 6-0
3 points
Cumulative Total : 10 points

Last Season Team
23/12/2006 Watford (A)

3 points
Cumulative Total : 8 points

Last Season Game
17/09/2006 Chelsea (A)
Result: Lost 0-1
0 points

Conclusion - A thumping result that has (rightly or wrongly) got some on the title talk already. (Watford used as comparison) Last season we beat Watford at home, so the same result however a crucial defeat at Stamford Bridge was our second defeat of the season, only two games in!!

Overall we are on 10 this season, 6 up on the 4 at this stage last season and 2 points better off against the same opponents.

Excellent analysis - I work in the field of advising senior directors on areas for improvemnet, so a lot of what I do involves analysing past perfromance, comapring it to current levels, based on expected levels of improvement of our comparitors ( who have also strengthened) and use this analysis to precdt what needs to be done to manintian excellent performnace - in this case stay in the 'mix' till the end of the season.

Keep it up fella be interested to see how we continue to improve.!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Rafa has failed to beat only two teams in the league during his reign as Liverpool boss - man utd and brum. Bruce was acting like he'd won the European Cup or something, bragging how he'd kept Liverpool chances down and boasting that his side is a bogey team! Well Bruce, don't worry if you go down as long as you didn't lose to Liverpool - pr at
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:27 pm

Newkit shocker - Peewee chats sh*t once again.

Anyhoo...

I think that comparing the stats from last season is a good way of dispelling the doom mongers' latest gripe.

Managers do it. Fans do it. Businesses do it.

Yet certain folk cannot see the logic...

I guess the greatest analytical minds of the World are all wrong 'cos a little ex-pat doesn't understand it...  :D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:33 am

Updated to include the Birmingham and Portsmouth games.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 am

Newkit shocker - Peewee chats sh*t once again.

Pot Kettle & Lando. :O
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:45 am

It's nice that we are ahead of where we were last season in the comparable fixtures. Even though the Premiership is more competitive this season so far (in that the good teams haven't been quite as good, and the average teams have been a bit better) we are going to need to get more points than last season obviously to mount a challenge.
Ultimately though, it's not a comparison with our total from last year which will decide whether its been a good season or not of course, its the comparison with everybody else which counts. Making that comparison at the moment, I would say that we have had by an absolute country mile the easiest start of the big clubs so far but unfortunately we haven't managed to get up a lead.

Off the top of my head, botrh us and Man Utd drew away at Pompey which is fair enough. They beat Chelsea at Home whereas we were robbed against them. We scored one more against Derby than Arsenal did. Both Man Utd and Arsenal beat Spurs, at Home and away respectively. We drew 0-0 with Birmingham and they play the Mancs soon, can't see that one going our way TBH.

Anyways, we'll see. It'll all come out in the wash. As a few have said, at least we're i front of Chelsea. Mind you, they have played Man Utd and Liverpool, both away so they've probably had the toughest start of the big four. Maybe out of interest somebody could find the fixtures of the big clubs so far and do a comparison, it might give a truer picture of where we are, relative to everyone else.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:36 pm

Updated to include Wigan.

The good start (better than last season by 50% for the total stattos) could have been a different story for so many reasons.

Again I maitain if we can keep in touch with the leaders through this lull we are suffering with hte ppor performances, we can have a strong December - May and be in with an excellent chance.

United cant afford to lose too many more, Chelsea continue to implode and hopefully Arsenals youngsters wont like the cold winter. . . . .
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:56 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:This Season
11/08/2007 Aston Villa (A)
3 points

Last Season Team
18/03/2007 Aston Villa (A)

1 point

Last Season Game
19/08/2006 Sheffield United (A)

1 point

Conclusion - 2 points better than last season against the same team and 2 points better off than at this stage of last season.

This Season
19/08/2007 Chelsea (H)
1 point
Cumulative Total 4 points

Last Season Team
20/01/2007 Chelsea (H)

3 points

Last Season Game
26/08/2006 West Ham United (H)

3 points

Conclusion - 2 points dropped from last season against the same team, although we all know that Rob Styles was the only reason Chelsea salvaged the draw, and points are the same as after our second game of last season.

Overall at this stage of last season we where on 4 points, and thats the same here, but we have dropped 2 points to Chelsea, we will need to get them back at Stamford Bridge by bettering our 0-1 loss there last term.

This Season
25/08/2007 Sunderland (A)
3 points

Last Season Team
18/03/2007 Sheffield United (A)

1 point
Cumulative Total : 5 points

Last Season Game
09/09/2006 Everton (A)

Result: Lost 0-3
0 points
Cumulative total : 4 points

Conclusion - A good result at the Stadium of light as opposed to the draw (Sheffield United used as comparison) last season, and a horrendous Derby defeat at Goodison.

Overall we are on 7 this season, 3 up on the 4 at this stage last season and 2 points better off against the same opponents.

This Season
01/09/07 Derby County (H)
Result: Won 6-0
3 points

Last Season Team
23/12/2006 Watford (A)

3 points

Last Season Game
17/09/2006 Chelsea (A)
Result: Lost 0-1
0 points

Conclusion - A thumping result that has (rightly or wrongly) got some on the title talk already. (Watford used as comparison) Last season we beat Watford at home, so the same result however a crucial defeat at Stamford Bridge was our second defeat of the season, only two games in!!

Overall we are on 10 this season, 6 up on the 4 at this stage last season and 2 points better off against the same opponents.

This Season
15/09/07 Portsmouth (A)
1 point
Cumulative Total : 11 points

Last Season Team
28/04/2007 Portsmouth (A)

Result: Lost 1 - 2
0 points

Last Season Game
20/09/2006 Newcastle (H)
Result: Won 2 - 0
3 points

Conclusion - The first chink in the armour and the knives are out. Rotation is the new zonal marking.

Overall we are on 11 this season, 4 up on the 7 at this stage last season and 3 points better off against the same opponents.

This Season
22/09/07 Birmingham (H)
1 point
Cumulative Total : 12 points

Last Season Team
13/05/2007 Charlton (H)

Result: Drawn 2 - 2
1 points
Cumulative Total : 9 points

Last Season Game
23/09/2006 Spurs (H)
Result: Won 3 - 0
3 points

Conclusion - Rotation takes centre stage again, however is the annoyance at rotation in fact dissapointment at Torres' lack of inclusion oer the last two games ?

Overall we are on 12 this season, 3 up on the 9 at this stage last season and 2 points better off against the same opponents.

This Season
29/09/07 Wigan (A)
Result: Won 1-0
3 points
Cumulative Total : 15 points

Last Season Team
2/12/2006 Wigan (A)

Result: Won 4 - 0
3 points
Cumulative Total : 12 points

Last Season Game
30/09/2006 Bolton (A)
Result: Lost 0 - 2
0 points

Conclusion - Overall we are on 15 this season, 3 up on the 12 against the same teams last season and a whopping 5 points (50%) better off against this stage of the season last season.

clear improvements and much perspective needed - at this time !

bring on them 'norf londoners'  :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:40 pm

What were we on at this stage last year? We beat Spurs last term so i guess we have dropped a couple of points.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion