The rafa situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:07 am

stmichael wrote:Redknapp changed a winning system the other day against the Mancs. He will probably blame the Modric injury, but he had a ready made replacement in Krancjar and didn't play him. Instead he played Keane out of positon on the left of midfield.

If that had been Rafa, the press would have been tearing strips off him because it's "good old arry" nobody says bugger all.

:bowdown
Nando26

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 am

people use far to many words on here then is needed to get thier point across

why dont be all try just using smileys for a week ?
Nando26

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:18 am

Nando26 wrote:people use far to many words on here then is needed to get thier point across

why dont be all try just using smileys for a week ?

Why do insist on making nonsense posts in EVERY thread on the forum ? Just to get your stats up ?
Sheesh....

:no
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:25 am

Nando26 wrote:I thought u said u were gonna shut up?

:) I was going to, but then this lad started giving me a bit of abuse and I thought I'd stick around a bit more just to see if he can post anything sensible . Good contribution again though, nice one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:34 pm

bigmick wrote:
Nando26 wrote:I thought u said u were gonna shut up?

:) I was going to, but then this lad started giving me a bit of abuse and I thought I'd stick around a bit more just to see if he can post anything sensible . Good contribution again though, nice one.

Nando is second only to Lando when it comes to being respectful to other posters :)

I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my chair when Lando accused you of being childish and churlish though,

pot, kettle........BLACK!!!  :D  :D

in my opinion Lando's problem is one of intense insecurity, mixed with sociopathic tendencies whereby he cannot tolerate or comprehend any differing opinions to his own and so he lashes out violently against them instead of trying to debate like most of us do.

Nando26 I haven't figured out yet, but I'm leaning towards him just being a &%¤#!  :p  :D
heimdall

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:42 pm

Surprise, surprise...a thread diverts from football to talking about the merits of posters and Heimdall's got his oar in.  is there really any mystery why proper football discussion is few and far between on here?  Some people seem far more interested in stirring. :glare:

Look, Nando's been spoken to and the other stuff was posted weeks ago.  Best we all move on, eh? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:03 pm

DrPepe wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:"And I'm delighted to say that we achieved all of those goals over the summer transfer window."

"all"?  ???

One wonders whether selling Alonso was planned after reading that, and after watching how many players we have signed.

Interesting read that Igor brought.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 pm

the thing with lando and nando is if they wanna insult someone they dont hide it their blunt, so everyone jumps on their backs where as the rest i.e bigmick heimdal etc will write a 6 page boring post and sneak their insults into it, i call it sly and they seem to get away with it
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I think this belongs in here ???

BENITEZ DELIGHTED BY PURSLOW IMPACT
Paul Hassall 14 September 2009

Rafael Benitez and Christian Purslow have today spoken of the burgeoning relationship they believe can lead Liverpool into a bright future.

The Reds' managing director has made an impressive impact during his short time at Anfield and has developed an understanding with the Spanish manager that they both believe can help bring the club a new era of success.

"We are working very hard together, very close," said Rafa.

"I would say we have a meeting not just every week but every day. We are on the phone and as soon as I try to do something or want to do something, he is there.

"So we are working very hard here and I think the relationship is good. I am really pleased.

"I think he understands the club. He was telling me about some games and he remembers who scored the winning goals and things like this – so sometimes it's a problem for me!

"He loves the club and he wants the best for the club."

The boss' glowing words are echoed by Purslow, himself a fluent Spanish speaker, who is full of praise for both Rafa the manager, and Rafa the business man.

"An absolutely key part of my job, is to make sure that the business and football side work well together," he said.

"And in people terms that means Rafa and I working well together.

"My view is that we have an extremely close professional working relationship. We speak all the time. We have very specific plans that we work to and stick to.

"I enjoy immensely that part of my work. Again central to success in any football club is the relationship between the leadership of the business and the football manager working well.

"And I couldn't be more pleased three months in as to how that is working.

"And Rafa – he's a pleasure to work with because not only is he a great football manager, he's extremely commercially literate.

"But I wouldn't be too excited about the Spanish – in that Rafa's English is excellent and he constantly tells me that my Spanish is terrible!"

The Reds' new managing director was also keen to point out that he has no intention of getting involved in team affairs and is committed to the 'football plan' he has helped devise alongside Benitez.

He said: "It is entirely the manager's job to decide who he wants in the football club at any point in time and I don't believe that should be second guessed. And it isn't.

"My job is to support that and to provide the financial backdrop to make that possible and that's exactly how it works. So every player at the club today is a player Rafa wants here.

"That's the way it must be and that's the way it will always be between him and I. We work together on that basis.

"And no, he's not going to buy a player because I want him to and he's not going to sell a player because I want him to. He's going to make all of those footballing decisions.

"And where we have to work well is in making sure we do so within a broad framework.

"We call it 'The Football Plan'. That's what we have and that's what we work to. And this summer for the first time we road tested the idea of a Football Plan – of having a list of players to sell or buy for broad values, within an agreed budget.

"And I'm delighted to say that we achieved all of those goals over the summer transfer window."
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165759090914-1425.htm

good read...

If the relationship is so good and if rafa is happy about the transfers we had so far, maybe we have someone quality lined up for the January window?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

RedBlood wrote:the thing with lando and nando is if they wanna insult someone they dont hide it their blunt, so everyone jumps on their backs where as the rest i.e bigmick heimdal etc will write a 6 page boring post and sneak their insults into it, i call it sly and they seem to get away with it

Listen fella if you want to have a go at me there's a queueing system in operation, you can't just jump in and start firing insults off :angry:. Take a ticket out of the box and take a seat, when it's your go we'll give you a shout for fex sake  :laugh: .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:59 pm

when the feck does number 89765 get his turn - been waiting fecking ages now :angry:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm

GYBS wrote:when the feck does number 89765 get his turn - been waiting fecking ages now :angry:

:laugh: I'll get to you mate. Blame Lando, he's been in the booth for three weeks ranting and raving  :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 pm

RedBlood wrote:the thing with lando and nando is if they wanna insult someone they dont hide it their blunt, so everyone jumps on their backs where as the rest i.e bigmick heimdal etc will write a 6 page boring post and sneak their insults into it, i call it sly and they seem to get away with it

Interesting.  I call it civil discussion and a much more desirable contribution to the forum than the barrage of text speak and one liners that passes for posts these days.  Your brother has already tested my patience with this "boring" approach so you might learn from his mistakes and leave it.   :;):
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion