Morientes situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:58 pm

Their have been two stories today

FROM TEAMTALK

The agent of Real Madrid striker and Liverpool target Fernando Morientes has confirmed his client is unhappy at the Bernabeu.

Gines Carvajal was in Liverpool this week although his office would not confirm the reason for the visit.

Morientes is keen to move on after falling down a Real Madrid pecking order in which Ronaldo, Raul and former Liverpool star Michael Owen are all ahead of him.

Carvajal told Radio Marca: "He is not happy because he is not playing. He admits he was not expecting to be a starter but that he would be able to play in some games.

"If he had not already been at Real Madrid maybe they [Real] would have tried everything to sign him as a galactico but because he is already here [at Madrid] he is not a galactico.

"It's easier to give opportunities to someone who has come in [to Real Madrid] than someone who is already at the club."

FROM BBC SPORT

Real Madrid claim they will not entertain the prospect of selling Fernando Morientes when the transfer window reopens.

The striker's future at the club has been called into question as he has found himself behind Raul, Ronaldo and Michael Owen in Mariano Garcia Remon's pecking order.

Morientes's agent Gines Carvajal was reported to be in Liverpool on Wednesday, sparking rumours he was opening talks on a possible transfer to Anfield in January.

However, Madrid have now come out to declare Morientes 'intransferable', with Real president Florentino Perez claiming he will be needed during the course of the campaign.

"The decision is definitive because he is a player who will be necessary for this club's long season," Perez stated.

"He is not transferable."

Some sources in Spain claim that Morientes negotiated a get-out clause with Real last summer that would allow him to move on if he was not getting regular first-team action.

But Perez's words appear to put an end to any such suggestion.

I hope we get him  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:10 pm

Its always the way, just to point out though, the BBC where reporting yesterday that the deal could not happen as Morientes had been transfered from Monaco to Real Madrid in the close season, so they are not always the best source.....
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:15 pm

I think he would go to Monaco on loan and come to us in the Summer :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:30 pm

Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:40 am

Just read a piece from Marca, the biggest spanish sportspaper, that Real Madrid officials claims that Morientes isn`t for sale to any club in January no matter what. Imo there are some spaniards who are about to loose some credibility; Marca for misquoting (even though it seems Marca hasn`t got any credibility left) or Real Madrid-officials for being either naive or arrogant.
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:59 am

You heard different news everyday, one minute his agent is at Anfield, the next he wants to move to Monaco, UEFA states you can't play for more than 2 clubs in one season and then Real say he isn't going anywhere ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:14 am

Paul C wrote:You heard different news everyday, one minute his agent is at Anfield, the next he wants to move to Monaco, UEFA states you can't play for more than 2 clubs in one season and then Real say he isn't going anywhere ???

I guess all speculations are in vain. I sense the confusion is a result of many different aspects. UEFA`s statement is one thing, I guess it is arguable weather Morientes has had two employers allready this season, as he returned to Madrid prior to the start of this campaign. Due to the interviews Morientes has made, and one would think that at least some of the sources involved has got some sort of credibility, it seems pretty clear that he wants to leave Real and it doesn`t take a genious to see that if Morientes`s head is elsewhere than at Bernabeu he won`t be a 100 % committed to blead for the team. Real Madrid, on their hand, would want as much money as poosible out of a transfer deal, and if they claim he`s not for sale, this might raise his value a bi, so I guess this might have to do with both politics and economics.

In short terms, transfer marked is looking more and more like a circus, and the only thing worth relying on is written names on paper. I had sleepless nights in the summer due to the transfer-rollercoaster, and I sense that it will be no different in January   :glare:
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:14 am

Paul C thats rong wot about parker playing for charlton then moving in jnauary to chelski and playing 4 them, and saha course u can
gerrard_steven

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:53 am

I doubt that it will happen at all. LFC valuation for a 28 yr old 'bench warmer' will be lower than RM selling price, note all the reference to 'Gallactico' status by RM upping the ante'
Mista looks a more likely prospect, being close to being out of contract, same agent as Rafa etc.
I wouldn't attempt to say who was the better player.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:00 pm

gerrard_steven wrote:Paul C thats rong wot about parker playing for charlton then moving in jnauary to chelski and playing 4 them, and saha course u can

Its not 2 clubs in one season its 2 football associations. He has been in Spain registered at the Spanish FA and France at the French FA. I think
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:14 pm

From the Daily Post : Morientes valued at £7m, LFC no dosh.

''Real Madrid have issued a statement insisting striker Fernando Morientes is not for sale. The striker's agent, Gines Carvajal, was in Liverpool this week to tell the club Morientes would consider a move in January.

However, Madrid insist they're not prepared to negotiate at this stage.

Benitez is assessing numerous options as he searches for more firepower, but he has no budget to fund a £7m swoop for the Spanish international.''

Don't think we will be seeing Morientes in a Red jersey.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion