The rafa situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
aCe' wrote:Reina and Torres seemed okay.... So did Dempsey, Howard, Robinho...etc etc....

Him not being in the side definitely had a negative effect on our performances, and the fact that he wasnt happy about not getting picked suggests that he himself thought he was fit enough/ready to start those games on the pitch rather than on the bench....

If you think Torres has been match fit, you need to give your eyes a rub mate.

He was so far off the pace at times it was like watching a different player.

What i meant was that Rafa thought they'd had enough rest and were able to start playing competitive footie again... Why was he on the bench if he wasnt fully fit ? why wasnt he brought on when we were trailing at Spurs or to Villa ?

Think theres more to it but anyways... Hopefully he'll be starting every game from here on in...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Bunch of stirrers!

It doesn't really matter what riera thought I suppose, rafa and his coaching team will have sussed his fitness

Get a grip, people
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:53 pm

DrPepe wrote:Bunch of stirrers!

It doesn't really matter what riera thought I suppose, rafa and his coaching team will have sussed his fitness

Get a grip, people

:sleep    Boring as fck !

ffs... what the fck is wrong with people nowadays.. cant even post anything unless it starts with... all hail Rafa, Lucas, and Kuyt...

Cant discuss anything without the usual "get a grip" " support the side" .. etc etc...

Give it a break man... either chip in with your thoughts ON THE ISSUE or just read it or ignore it...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:42 pm

not sure how credible this source is but... heres a different quote from Riera anyways... if any of the Spanish lads we have here can check if theres anything written about this in the spanish press... would be great

Albert Riera has dismissed talk that he could have joined Barcelona in the summer, insisting that he wanted to stay at "the biggest club in Europe".

The Catalan winger was linked with a move to Camp Nou as the Blaugrana sought a player to compete with Thierry Henry down the left, but nothing materialised.

Since then, stories have suggested that Riera has not started for Liverpool this term because he secretly expressed a desire to leave, rumours he finds ridiculous.

"I cannot believe I have not played because of that. I will not deny that there was something that interested me. This is true," he told reporters in Spain.

"But I play for Liverpool, which is the biggest club in Europe. Benitez is a special coach who defends his own.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:13 pm

Torres and Reina etc didnt collect a nasty ankle injury during pre season just like reira did
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Ill tell you what even though this video is old from when he first came here an its in Spanish , you can certainly see how obssesd the boss is with tactics, an work rates an roles of players , its a facinating insight into the work he does to be honest,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28s8GwTSP44&feature=player_embedded
Last edited by NANNY RED on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Riera was injured in pre-season, remember he got taken off and didn't even make the bench for the Athletico game. And the manager may not want to risk him just yet.

Similar reasons to Skrtel being brought off against Spurs, not playing at all against Stoke or Bolton. He wasn't fit enough to play, in the manager's book.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:27 pm

thanks for that nanny, really great to watch & he nearly has as many old vhs videos of the games as i have. :D  i totally love his commitment in study of tactics etc, that's my opinion an totally respect him for his stance with the yanks for standing by with what he believes in, from day one he has shown he eates,sleepes an breathes LFC, not everyone agree's with me on this but i still say the demo after the sunderland game was a privalidge to witness an show real support for raffa an recognise his commitment to LFC.

i still say their is no other manager that i would want for our FC at this moment in time because of the above examples.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:09 am

redhayesy wrote:thanks for that nanny, really great to watch & he nearly has as many old vhs videos of the games as i have. :D  i totally love his commitment in study of tactics etc, that's my opinion an totally respect him for his stance with the yanks for standing by with what he believes in, from day one he has shown he eates,sleepes an breathes LFC, not everyone agree's with me on this but i still say the demo after the sunderland game was a privalidge to witness an show real support for raffa an recognise his commitment to LFC.

i still say their is no other manager that i would want for our FC at this moment in time because of the above examples.

This always confuses me a bit. In what way has Rafa  proved his commitment to LFC, I'm not saying he hasn't but I'm just interested in your take on this and how it is so clear?
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 am

Heimdell its clear as day mate , What has been happening at this club any other manager would have been on his toes long long ago, just think about it for one minute, im suprised myself he didnt jib it long ago. but he has showed by not doing that he is conmmited to us, became one of us, Simple in my eyes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:38 am

heimdall wrote:
redhayesy wrote:thanks for that nanny, really great to watch & he nearly has as many old vhs videos of the games as i have. :D  i totally love his commitment in study of tactics etc, that's my opinion an totally respect him for his stance with the yanks for standing by with what he believes in, from day one he has shown he eates,sleepes an breathes LFC, not everyone agree's with me on this but i still say the demo after the sunderland game was a privalidge to witness an show real support for raffa an recognise his commitment to LFC.

This always confuses me a bit. In what way has Rafa  proved his commitment to LFC, I'm not saying he hasn't but I'm just interested in your take on this and how it is so clear?

in the same way that the xabi'n'barry saga last summer  is sometimes used as a stick to hit benitez with, then you could argue that the owners' speaking with Klinsmann is equally/more so a reason for him to quit the club... add to that all the problems/wrangles with the owners/parry etc etc and the fact that he's still here pretty much equals "commitment" don't you think?  :buttrock
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:30 am

NANNY RED wrote:Ill tell you what even though this video is old from when he first came here an its in Spanish , you can certainly see how obssesd the boss is with tactics, an work rates an roles of players , its a facinating insight into the work he does to be honest,

For those rafa bashers that watch this Spanish video, don't come saying he spends all day playing football manager instead of hugging Gerrard. IT IS NOT FOOTBAL MANGER 2005.  :D That's the amisco software that traps every game from 8 cameras in the stadium and then it tells you tons of info on your player. In the screen you could see the speed of the player and the distance between every player aswell.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:06 am

Sabre wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Ill tell you what even though this video is old from when he first came here an its in Spanish , you can certainly see how obssesd the boss is with tactics, an work rates an roles of players , its a facinating insight into the work he does to be honest,

For those rafa bashers that watch this Spanish video, don't come saying he spends all day playing football manager instead of hugging Gerrard. IT IS NOT FOOTBAL MANGER 2005.  :D That's the amisco software that traps every game from 8 cameras in the stadium and then it tells you tons of info on your player. In the screen you could see the speed of the player and the distance between every player aswell.

Not wanting to sound like am being critical of Rafa for working hard on things like strategies and that. But i do think football these days can be a bit over analytical.

A simple game made more difficult imo.

But its great that he is doing all he can to try and get the best out of the players and the right tactics in place.

Is it all required though ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:52 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Not wanting to sound like am being critical of Rafa for working hard on things like strategies and that. But i do think football these days can be a bit over analytical.

But its great that he is doing all he can to try and get the best out of the players and the right tactics in place.

When Filippo Brunelleschi first incorporated linear perspective in his art, did anyone else question "but Filippo, it's so troublesome, is it all required?"....   :)
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:57 am

maguskwt wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
Sabre wrote:

When Filippo Brunelleschi first incorporated linear perspective in his art, did anyone else question "but Filippo, it's so troublesome, is it all required?"....   :)

Eh  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion