The rafa situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 am

bigmick wrote:I shouldn't worry it'll just get deleted and nobody will know any different :;):

Be quiet, you silly person.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:25 am

:laugh: "Be quiet" :laugh: . Another one for the cutting room floor me thinks.

As I said though at the time I agreed to lay off you, my decision weasn't based nor influenced by how you behave now or in the future. I have agreed to give you a wide berth, and I am going to do that no matter how silly you get. I am going to "be quiet" too soon, you'll be pleased to know. Not because of your silliness though (you really ought to be careful I'm more likely to stick around while you're up to your old tricks ;D) but because I fancy a break. Last time I did that, the team went on an extended winning run.

There does come a point though surely where you've got to let it go? I have, you should too :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:38 am

bigmick wrote: :laugh: "Be quiet" :laugh: . Another one for the cutting room floor me thinks.

As I said though at the time I agreed to lay off you, my decision weasn't based nor influenced by how you behave now or in the future. I have agreed to give you a wide berth, and I am going to do that no matter how silly you get. I am going to "be quiet" too soon, you'll be pleased to know. Not because of your silliness though (you really ought to be careful I'm more likely to stick around while you're up to your old tricks ;D) but because I fancy a break. Last time I did that, the team went on an extended winning run.

There does come a point though surely where you've got to let it go? I have, you should too :)

Evidently, with the childish (and churlish) remarks in every single post you make, you have not.

But please - continue your charade. I'm sure the mindless minority will sup at your anti-Rafa succor with glee...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:49 am

I think I know what your problem is Lando, it's one of self obsession. I thought that on the Gerrard thread when you sid people were "alluding" to your views visa vis Gerrard against Fowler. Nobody was doing anything of the sort of course. I had absolutely no idea on your views on the comparison, and I must confess I took your historical dislike of all things Gerrard simply as a bi-product of your love of all things Alonso. As Gerrard got more headlines I figured that explained your unexplainable refusal to give him any credit. Your views on his book were news to me, but the point that you thought everyone was talking about you holds good.

Now you say here that my childish and chulish remarks are for your benefit, when they aren't (my childish and churlish remarks are for everybody). As I said to you earlier, why don't you just dispute the content if you don't agree with it? Without resorting to insults and mud slinging, dispute the content ???.

I know you'll say "I've done that, it's a waste of time etc etc" but it's got to have more validity than accusing me of supporting Everton surely  :laugh:

Apoart from any other consideration, the thread isn't about a tit for tat session between me and you. It's boring for everybody else (and for me too if I'm honest) so it really might be an idea to let it go.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 am

bigmick wrote:I think I know what your problem is Lando, it's one of self obsession. I thought that on the Gerrard thread when you sid people were "alluding" to your views visa vis Gerrard against Fowler. Nobody was doing anything of the sort of course. I had absolutely no idea on your views on the comparison, and I must confess I took your historical dislike of all things Gerrard simply as a bi-product of your love of all things Alonso. As Gerrard got more headlines I figured that explained your unexplainable refusal to give him any credit. Your views on his book were news to me, but the point that you thought everyone was talking about you holds good.

Now you say here that my childish and chulish remarks are for your benefit, when they aren't (my childish and churlish remarks are for everybody). As I said to you earlier, why don't you just dispute the content if you don't agree with it? Without resorting to insults and mud slinging, dispute the content ???.

I know you'll say "I've done that, it's a waste of time etc etc" but it's got to have more validity than accusing me of supporting Everton surely  :laugh:

Apoart from any other consideration, the thread isn't about a tit for tat session between me and you. It's boring for everybody else (and for me too if I'm honest) so it really might be an idea to let it go.

What the f*ck are you jabbering about?

When did I "allude" to anything to do with Gerrard Vs Fowler?

Have you been at the Babysham again?

The remarks I refer to are the ones where you paraphrase my own posts. No-one else, to the bets of my knowledge, ever mentioned Alonso's unseen work. (Don't discredit my intelligence, Mick - you know full well you keep dropping these digs in and you would be a bare-faced liar to deny it.)

Finally, I didn't accuse you of being an Everton supporter; I merely suggested you go on there to slate Rafa as their views seem more attuned to your own.

Still - you have made a forum career out of misquoting in the past - why break the habit of a lifetime?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:07 am

bigmick wrote:Look nobody is suggesting that all football clubs won't be looking at this software, of course they are. Evidence that Rafa does as well though is hardly proof of his absolute dedication to the job as was originally suggested, hence the somewhat flippant replies (certainly speaking for myself anyway). Similarly, evidence by either anecdote or video that we practice free kicks or patterns of play wouldn't convince me that we have stolen a march on our opposition. That's what teams do these days and in fairness they have for years, they try and give themselves a chance.

It was simply a video that gives us a tiny but interesting insight into Rafa's life at Melwood, no 'claims' were posited. Some people like to see those sorts of things, I certainly did.
LFC2007

Postby fivecups » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:16 am

Sabre wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Ill tell you what even though this video is old from when he first came here an its in Spanish , you can certainly see how obssesd the boss is with tactics, an work rates an roles of players , its a facinating insight into the work he does to be honest,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28s8GwTSP44&feature=player_embedded

For those rafa bashers that watch this Spanish video, don't come saying he spends all day playing football manager instead of hugging Gerrard. IT IS NOT FOOTBAL MANGER 2005.  :D That's the amisco software that traps every game from 8 cameras in the stadium and then it tells you tons of info on your player. In the screen you could see the speed of the player and the distance between every player aswell.

Nanny,

I was having a look at the website for the software Sabre mentioned and I found your video with English subtitles.

Rafa vid
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:22 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Sabre wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Ill tell you what even though this video is old from when he first came here an its in Spanish , you can certainly see how obssesd the boss is with tactics, an work rates an roles of players , its a facinating insight into the work he does to be honest,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28s8GwTSP44&feature=player_embedded

For those rafa bashers that watch this Spanish video, don't come saying he spends all day playing football manager instead of hugging Gerrard. IT IS NOT FOOTBAL MANGER 2005.  :D That's the amisco software that traps every game from 8 cameras in the stadium and then it tells you tons of info on your player. In the screen you could see the speed of the player and the distance between every player aswell.

Not wanting to sound like am being critical of Rafa for working hard on things like strategies and that. But i do think football these days can be a bit over analytical.

A simple game made more difficult imo.

But its great that he is doing all he can to try and get the best out of the players and the right tactics in place.

Is it all required though ?

I read someone on another forum who said something like 'The rules of chess are much more simple than the rules of football. Would you say that chess requires tactics and strategy?'
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Redknapp changed a winning system the other day against the Mancs. He will probably blame the Modric injury, but he had a ready made replacement in Krancjar and didn't play him. Instead he played Keane out of positon on the left of midfield.

If that had been Rafa, the press would have been tearing strips off him because it's "good old arry" nobody says bugger all.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think I know what your problem is Lando, it's one of self obsession. I thought that on the Gerrard thread when you sid people were "alluding" to your views visa vis Gerrard against Fowler. Nobody was doing anything of the sort of course. I had absolutely no idea on your views on the comparison, and I must confess I took your historical dislike of all things Gerrard simply as a bi-product of your love of all things Alonso. As Gerrard got more headlines I figured that explained your unexplainable refusal to give him any credit. Your views on his book were news to me, but the point that you thought everyone was talking about you holds good.

The remarks I refer to are the ones where you paraphrase my own posts. No-one else, to the bets of my knowledge, ever mentioned Alonso's unseen work. (Don't discredit my intelligence, Mick - you know full well you keep dropping these digs in and you would be a bare-faced liar to deny it.)

Finally, I didn't accuse you of being an Everton supporter; I merely suggested you go on there to slate Rafa as their views seem more attuned to your own.

Still - you have made a forum career out of misquoting in the past - why break the habit of a lifetime?

There are others that have used "Alonso's unseen work" beside you Lando.......infact I didn't realise you had coined the phrase, I thought it was another member.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeh Lando, it was me who I coined the phrase meaning the job Alonso did besides his hollywood passes and long range efforts.

Why it became a classic of Bigmick's post to remember posters opinions onAlonso ? I don't know, ask him. But apparently in english that sentence implied if I remember correctly, that I was able to see things other couldn't. That wasn't my point and that was already clarified. I just meant that Alonso's dip of form was a relative thing, that selling him for cheap wasn't a good idea, and that Alonso even not being at his best was better than many midfielders. That's the background of my apparently classic unseen comment.

As you know, back then we were wrong.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:43 pm

I think this belongs in here ???

BENITEZ DELIGHTED BY PURSLOW IMPACT
Paul Hassall 14 September 2009

Rafael Benitez and Christian Purslow have today spoken of the burgeoning relationship they believe can lead Liverpool into a bright future.

The Reds' managing director has made an impressive impact during his short time at Anfield and has developed an understanding with the Spanish manager that they both believe can help bring the club a new era of success.

"We are working very hard together, very close," said Rafa.

"I would say we have a meeting not just every week but every day. We are on the phone and as soon as I try to do something or want to do something, he is there.

"So we are working very hard here and I think the relationship is good. I am really pleased.

"I think he understands the club. He was telling me about some games and he remembers who scored the winning goals and things like this – so sometimes it's a problem for me!

"He loves the club and he wants the best for the club."

The boss' glowing words are echoed by Purslow, himself a fluent Spanish speaker, who is full of praise for both Rafa the manager, and Rafa the business man.

"An absolutely key part of my job, is to make sure that the business and football side work well together," he said.

"And in people terms that means Rafa and I working well together.

"My view is that we have an extremely close professional working relationship. We speak all the time. We have very specific plans that we work to and stick to.

"I enjoy immensely that part of my work. Again central to success in any football club is the relationship between the leadership of the business and the football manager working well.

"And I couldn't be more pleased three months in as to how that is working.

"And Rafa – he's a pleasure to work with because not only is he a great football manager, he's extremely commercially literate.

"But I wouldn't be too excited about the Spanish – in that Rafa's English is excellent and he constantly tells me that my Spanish is terrible!"

The Reds' new managing director was also keen to point out that he has no intention of getting involved in team affairs and is committed to the 'football plan' he has helped devise alongside Benitez.

He said: "It is entirely the manager's job to decide who he wants in the football club at any point in time and I don't believe that should be second guessed. And it isn't.

"My job is to support that and to provide the financial backdrop to make that possible and that's exactly how it works. So every player at the club today is a player Rafa wants here.

"That's the way it must be and that's the way it will always be between him and I. We work together on that basis.

"And no, he's not going to buy a player because I want him to and he's not going to sell a player because I want him to. He's going to make all of those footballing decisions.

"And where we have to work well is in making sure we do so within a broad framework.

"We call it 'The Football Plan'. That's what we have and that's what we work to. And this summer for the first time we road tested the idea of a Football Plan – of having a list of players to sell or buy for broad values, within an agreed budget.

"And I'm delighted to say that we achieved all of those goals over the summer transfer window."
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165759090914-1425.htm
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:"And I'm delighted to say that we achieved all of those goals over the summer transfer window."

"all"?  ???
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 am

I thought u said u were gonna shut up?
Nando26

Postby Nando26 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:05 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Why dont u 2 get a room
Nando26

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion