The rafa situation

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 pm

No smoke without fire....I don't think we'd be hearing these stories and figures like 1.5M if there wasn't something to it....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

metalhead wrote:
heimdall wrote:
metalhead wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:The yanks probably wernt aware that the RBS would want 60 million off them, they probably thought about 30 but with the bank wanting to get the debt down it was 60 million or no re-fi for another 12 months.

He signed that contract before the re-fi and its not like our owners never lie now is it?

Spade in the ground within 60 days..............

yeah but on the other hand I do actually agree with them that the money to re-sign players should come out of the transfer budget, I don't have an issue with that but then they could have lied to Rafa about that too guaranteeing him that it wouldn't.

At the end of the day it's their club and I guess they can do whatever they want with it, as depressing as that is.  :down:

The problem is they told Rafa he can buy players if he sold players.

Ah well..... lets work with what we got, get some of those youngsters get a chance.

What and this hasn't been happening to all other clubs up and down the country, and the world for that matter, let alone other normal companies having budgets slashed left right and centre. Rafa needs to get real and if money is tight he should have shopped a bit wiser.

Its not normal for the owners to lie to the fans and manager.

Thats all those two fukk1n cowboys have ever done since they came here is lie!.....I'd love it if they were kidnapped and flown to Afganistan then dropped right in the middle of the fukkin Taliban...with not a gun between them!.  :angry:  :wwww
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sgs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Could it be the 1.5m is for the 4th center back Kyrgiakos....
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:01 am

lakes10 wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
Reg wrote:Our mate LiverpoolMadman (he with the mighty avatar) has just posted this in the T&T thread:

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news....et.html

I agree it's a great article and very well put together but who's to say that Rafa doesn't have 1 or maybe 2 transfers going ahead that we will only learn of at the 11 hour just like Aquilani??

mate theres a few things going on at the club right now but only time will tell.

Cheers Lakes, just theres so much going ojn with the club right now, the club that we all here love and i don't say that lightly causing such a distraction for us all right now.
I just really liked the good ole days when first we really knew someone was signing for us was when they'd put pen to paper.
KOPMATT

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 am

KOPMATT wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
KOPMATT wrote:
Reg wrote:Our mate LiverpoolMadman (he with the mighty avatar) has just posted this in the T&T thread:

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news....et.html

I agree it's a great article and very well put together but who's to say that Rafa doesn't have 1 or maybe 2 transfers going ahead that we will only learn of at the 11 hour just like Aquilani??

mate theres a few things going on at the club right now but only time will tell.

Cheers Lakes, just theres so much going ojn with the club right now, the club that we all here love and i don't say that lightly causing such a distraction for us all right now.
I just really liked the good ole days when first we really knew someone was signing for us was when they'd put pen to paper.

You mean that time when we didn't have owners and managers running to the press at every available opportunity?

I have a weird feeling that Rafa might be off, not sure if I'm happy or not about that, I'm not his biggest fan, that is true, but for him to leave now would surely feck up our entire season.
heimdall

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:23 am

bunglemark2 wrote:No smoke without fire....I don't think we'd be hearing these stories and figures like 1.5M if there wasn't something to it....

Sometimes stories are complete bull, sometimes they are amazingly accurate. I find it hard to sympathise with Rafa given his spending last summer (c. £39m) on a handful of players of whom none really excelled and now £37.5m on two players, an overpriced RB and a crocked CM.

If you were owner and putting your hand in your pocket would you give someone spending like that any more money? We may have finished last season 2nd, but was it because of the £39m spent or was it mainly the existing squad plus a bit from Riera? I've seen a few comments about our size of squad, it is pretty big and yet there isn't much in the way of valuable/saleable assets outside of our key players. What would we get for Dossena, Babel, N'Gog, Voronin, Itandje, Plessis, Lucas etc? Not a lot I don't expect, we'd be lucky if we recouped the £25m for them - yes, they do add up to £25m cost believe it or not, even with freebies and next to nothing signings in there.

When you've got little money, don't waste it as you never know if/when you'll get any more. Maybe with a tactically superior manager we'd have won the league last season without any of the signings made, in fact I'm growingly convinced we could have. Maybe we should have gone with Ancelotti, not because I want Rafa out or he had a bad season, just I think we could have won the league with him and you need to get managers (and players) when they are available. It's what Chelsea did to Ranieri after a reasonable season (2nd only to unbeaten goners and CL semi)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Well he has just come out and said nobody else will be leaving before the window closes
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:26 pm

I'm not happy with Rafa at all. One look at the bench against Tottenham had me asking, "What happened to all the quality in reserve?" Liverpool don't have the strength in depth near as much as Man Utd and Chelsea. Or Tottenham, for that matter. And who's fault is that? Rafa, of course.

He could have bought back Owen, bought Barry, bought Tevez, but none made their way. Vorovin our reserve striker? Good grief. Rafa has bought poorly, with the odd exception. If Gerrard and Torres get injured (and they will do) and also need a rest, we have little quality to replace them. The squad is nowhere near strong enough to win the league. We'll do well to get 4th place, believe me.

Unless Rafa can buy atleast a couple of quality players before the transfer deadline, it will turn out to be a season that will go backwards from the progress of last season. This is why I am not happy with Rafa as being manager. He has had long enough to build a strong squad to challenge for the title, but we are miles away from that. I've lost patience with him.
Calum

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:43 pm

4 posts with 3 of them having a go at Rafa so its pretty clear what side of the fence you are on
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Calum » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 pm

I think I've got good reason.
Calum

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:21 am

Calum wrote:I'm not happy with Rafa at all. One look at the bench against Tottenham had me asking, "What happened to all the quality in reserve?" Liverpool don't have the strength in depth near as much as Man Utd and Chelsea. Or Tottenham, for that matter. And who's fault is that? Rafa, of course.

He could have bought back Owen, bought Barry, bought Tevez, but none made their way. Vorovin our reserve striker? Good grief. Rafa has bought poorly, with the odd exception. If Gerrard and Torres get injured (and they will do) and also need a rest, we have little quality to replace them. The squad is nowhere near strong enough to win the league. We'll do well to get 4th place, believe me.

Unless Rafa can buy atleast a couple of quality players before the transfer deadline, it will turn out to be a season that will go backwards from the progress of last season. This is why I am not happy with Rafa as being manager. He has had long enough to build a strong squad to challenge for the title, but we are miles away from that. I've lost patience with him.

So, in the other thread you accuse him of selling Owen (technically true but not even remotely fair criticism) and in this one you blame him for not signing Owen back.  Fair enough on that last--there's grounds for debate there.  But then you go on to suggest he could have bought Barry and Tevez but didn't.  I take it you missed it this summer when Rafa made it clear that we tried to sign Barry but he chose Man City and when Tevez said he wouldn't betray the Man U fans by signing for us...before signing for their cross-town rivals?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Owzat wrote:I find it hard to sympathise with Rafa given his spending last summer (c. £39m) on a handful of players of whom none really excelled and now £37.5m on two players, an overpriced RB and a crocked CM

So Owzat do you still think Johnson is overpriced? A club like LFC's stature deserves quality players and nowadays quality players cost quality money... I don't criticize Benitez for paying that much money for Johnson and Aquilani but I do agree that his other signings the other year was left wanting... especially Babel and Lucas and Degen and Dossena. That was a bad year for Rafa in the transfer market. But he did also bring in Benayoun and Reira and both have been a success. Rafa 'gambled' on Torres when he was still a promising stiker but not a world class one when he paid 20 million for him. Now everyone must agree that that was a shrewd business. A club like Liverpool deserves players like Torres and Johnson but I'm afraid for those kinda players you need to pay top dollar and when you're paying that much it is always a gamble...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:07 pm

"Rafa rubbishes Anfield exit rumours"

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has dismissed reports suggesting he was about to quit his job by insisting he is "100% committed to the club".

GettyImages

Rafa Benitez: Quit rumours are nonsense

There was speculation surrounding the future of the Spaniard following Liverpool's 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of their Premier League season but Benitez's team bounced back with a 4-0 win against Stoke City on Wednesday.

Speaking after the match, Benitez said: "I remain 100 per cent committed to the club, the fans and players."

Reports had suggested that Benitez had once again fallen out with the Anfield board over the lack of transfer funds available to him and had threatened to walk out. But Liverpool's managing director Christian Purslow insists that is not true.

"It's 1000 per cent rubbish," Purslow told The Sun. "I had dinner with Rafa and the fact I had not heard the rumours should tell you everything about how true they are."

Bookmakers had suspended betting on Benitez's future prior to Wednesday night's victory over Stoke.

You know what I wouldn't have blamed him if he really did leave under these circumstances. I just find it quite amazing how he's enduring these difficulties and say he's 100% committed when in Valencia under similar difficulties he just quit. It really does seem like he's adamant on bringing success to LFC. Hopefully he will achieve it and bring back the premier league trophy.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 pm

maguskwt wrote:"Rafa rubbishes Anfield exit rumours"

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has dismissed reports suggesting he was about to quit his job by insisting he is "100% committed to the club".

GettyImages

Rafa Benitez: Quit rumours are nonsense

There was speculation surrounding the future of the Spaniard following Liverpool's 2-1 defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of their Premier League season but Benitez's team bounced back with a 4-0 win against Stoke City on Wednesday.

Speaking after the match, Benitez said: "I remain 100 per cent committed to the club, the fans and players."

Reports had suggested that Benitez had once again fallen out with the Anfield board over the lack of transfer funds available to him and had threatened to walk out. But Liverpool's managing director Christian Purslow insists that is not true.

"It's 1000 per cent rubbish," Purslow told The Sun. "I had dinner with Rafa and the fact I had not heard the rumours should tell you everything about how true they are."

Bookmakers had suspended betting on Benitez's future prior to Wednesday night's victory over Stoke.

You know what I wouldn't have blamed him if he really did leave under these circumstances. I just find it quite amazing how he's enduring these difficulties and say he's 100% committed when in Valencia under similar difficulties he just quit. It really does seem like he's adamant on bringing success to LFC. Hopefully he will achieve it and bring back the premier league trophy.

Schoolboy error
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:15 pm

F'ukin disgraceful how rafa is treated

moores and pr'ick selling the soul of LFC HOW DO THEY SLEEP :angry:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext