The next five games - Villa, Evtn, Wbrom, Arsen, Ful

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

I think any chance of top 3 is gone with the draw against WBA.

The current standings look like

1) Arsenal  55
2) Citeh     53
3) Chelsea  53
4) Liverpool 47
5) Everton  45
6) Spurs      44
7) United    40

To make up 6 points on Chelsea will be very very tough

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:08 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:I think any chance of top 3 is gone with the draw against WBA.

The current standings look like

1) Arsenal  55
2) Citeh     53
3) Chelsea  53
4) Liverpool 47
5) Everton  45
6) Spurs      44
7) United    40

To make up 6 points on Chelsea will be very very tough

Theoretically I wouldn't even say the title is out of reach never mind a top 3 finish, yes if we lose to Arsenal we will be 11 points behind them (and well out of it) but if we do manage to win we will only be 5 points behind them and with city and Chelsea still to play at anfield anything can happen.
Obviously for that to happen we'd have to find the type of form we were showing in December again when we beat spurs 5-0 and ran city close at their ground.
Looking at our performance against West Brom i agree it's unlikely but on our day we can beat anyone at anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:51 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 pm wrote:Ok, here's our next five fixtures, but how many points will we get?

Aston Villa (h)
Everton (h)
West Brom (a)
Arsenal (h)
Fulham (a)
I'm going for 13..yes 13 points from our next 5 games, which in my book will move us up to 3rd and in with a shout for an outside title push.   :nod

ok, so far we've clocked up 8 points...a win against Fulham will take that tally to 11, which won't be bad, but I'm still smarting about those dropped points against WBA.  :angry:

However, onwards and upwards, we're on the verge of running off with the last CL place and the title race is still on. A win over Fulham will top a good 5 match run and leave us in with a shout for the title with 12 games to go. Would any of us have believed that last summer?  Would we f**k  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Apparently our game on Wednesday might be off, Fulham are saying because of a planned tube strike their stewards, safety officers etc may not be able to get to the ground.
They are still working on the premise that the game is on but they are releasing a definitive statement at 3 tomorrow afternoon to announce wether the game goes ahead or not.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 am

Increasingly looking like this one maybe off  :( , one or two cynics are saying that Fulham are trying to pull a fast one because their players are out on their feet after their efforts against Man United and Sheffield United in the cup.
Another theory is that it gives them time to get their prolific Greek striker (that they've just signed from Olympiakos) fit for the re-scheduled game.
I know health and safety should come before everything else but they've had weeks to sort this out and why do they only bring the issue up 2 days before the game? Looks like this Rene Meulenstein learned a few tricks in his time at Old Trafford under Ferguson.
If they call it off the F.A should award us the 3 points like they did when boro tried to call a off game years ago because most of their squad had the flu.
3 o clock today Fulham are making an announcement, let's hope the F.A have told them straight.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 am

I cant see how they can get this called off for a number of reasons.

Firstly they played Sheffield united midweek last week when there was a tube strike.
Secondly there are alternative means of getting to the ground.
There are 2 overground stations that are apparantly 15 minute walk from the ground.
Also the other games in London are all going ahead despite the strike, Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham.
Lastly Fulham have not about the proposed strikes since the 10th of January.
To look to call it off the day before is not acceptable to fans that have already arranged travel and even hotels in some instances.
My mate has already paid for his train, a hotel for the weds night and booked 2 days off work.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:59 am wrote:I cant see how they can get this called off for a number of reasons.

Firstly they played Sheffield united midweek last week when there was a tube strike.
Secondly there are alternative means of getting to the ground.
There are 2 overground stations that are apparantly 15 minute walk from the ground.
Also the other games in London are all going ahead despite the strike, Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham.
Lastly Fulham have not about the proposed strikes since the 10th of January.
To look to call it off the day before is not acceptable to fans that have already arranged travel and even hotels in some instances.
My mate has already paid for his train, a hotel for the weds night and booked 2 days off work.

I wasn't aware that there was a tube strike on when they played Sheffield United, they are obviously trying it on, they are rock bottom and trying to gain every little advantage they can to try and stay in the division.
If the F.A fall for this one then they really are a joke, then again I imagine a west London club must have some friends in high places.
Tomorrow would have been an ideal opportunity for us to try and apply some scoreboard pressure to the clubs above us, it's alright having the game in hand but instead of breathing down City's, Chelsea's and Arsenal's neck we could instead find ourselves caught up by Tottenham and 7 points adrift of the 3rd place club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Here you go mate, have a look at the last paragraph of this piece regarding the FA cup game....

Fulham were under fire today after announcing they would postpone tomorrow’s game with Liverpool at Craven Cottage if the Tube strike went ahead.

Standard Sport understands the Premier League are frustrated by Fulham’s stance and Liverpool owner John W Henry has publicly questioned why the fixture cannot go ahead when Arsenal will host Manchester United on the same night.

Fulham are concerned they will not be able to get enough stewards to work at Craven Cottage because of disruption caused by the 48-hour walkout by London Underground workers, which is due to start at 9.30pm tonight.

Although the Premier League always support a decision made on safety grounds, clubs have had plenty of warning — the strike was announced on January 10 — and the onus is on them to do everything in their power to ensure games can be played.

West Ham’s home game against Norwich tonight is going ahead, as is Leyton Orient’s League One meeting with Bristol City but Fulham say they will be unable to fulfil the safety requirements to host their fixture.

However, Liverpool owner Henry tweeted today: “Arsenal, West Ham and Leyton Orient all ready for the strike but not Fulham?”

Emirates Stadium has a 60,000 capacity, nearly three times bigger than Craven Cottage but Arsenal have contacted all their staff and are confident enough stewards will be able get to the game.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said today: “We are sorry for our fans who have to walk but it goes on.”

Arsenal, who are helped by the fact that overground trains will also be operating normally at stations near Emirates Stadium, are urging fans to plan their journeys and leave plenty of time when travelling to the game.

A spokesperson from the Spirit of Shankly, a Liverpool supporters’ group, told Standard Sport: “There is a lot of anger among fans. The only problem Fulham seem to have is with their staff. There is no question about how Fulham fans will get there and no questions about fans coming from Liverpool. It should be Fulham’s responsibility to ensure they have the right number of staff, as Arsenal and West Ham have.”

A Liverpool spokesperson said: “The safety and well-being of supporters has to be the paramount concern.”

Last Tuesday, on the night of the first Tube strike, Fulham hosted Sheffield United in the FA Cup with a crowd of 10,139 seeing the Premier League side knocked out 1-0 in extra-time.

It's from standard UK sport website.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Apparently the tube strike has just been called off! The game is on!
Come on Liverpool put 10 past this lot just like back in the 80's
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Cheers for that article Ben, good to see John Henry sticking his oar in too trying to apply pressure on Fulham too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 pm

yeah apparently the tube strike is off  :buttrock besides they could have brought all of their stewards to the game inside that bus they parked at OT  :D
anyway there is no hiding from us now and i hope they bring plenty of lube as they are going to need it  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:09 pm

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:35 pm

That was a cheap trick they tried but who could blame them? They have to play Man. Utd and Liverpool in a space of few days, and knowing how they played their game at OT they know they probably won't be able to do it again in just a few days.

I think that 5 goals should be enough punishment for them trying to cheat their way out of this.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Get the f**K in Anichebe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

The title race is wide open lads, we need to get our s**t together.

Forget 4th let's win this thing. 

There is definitely a sniff now, it's imperative that we don't just beat Fulham tomorrow.

We MUST give them the biggest mauling in their history!

Rodgers rally the troops, this is our F**KING D-DAY.

Fire UP!!! The red sleeping giant has awoken!!!!!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

Well I predicted that we'll win 10 points, while we won 11 plus we beat both Everton and Arsenal which is a bonus. So all in all, it was a successful five games run. Next 5 games please!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion