The next five games - Villa, Evtn, Wbrom, Arsen, Ful

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Ok, here's our next five fixtures, but how many points will we get?

Aston Villa (h)
Everton (h)
West Brom (a)
Arsenal (h)
Fulham (a)
I'm going for 13..yes 13 points from our next 5 games, which in my book will move us up to 3rd and in with a shout for an outside title push.   :nod
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:31 pm

What's the 5th?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

:wwww testing you...its Fulham  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:35 pm

:D Sure you were.
The tricky one will be WBA. I say, 15 points.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 pm

We should win at least 10 points from those fixtures.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 am

Allow me to make it as clear as possible...

LFC 3 - 0 Aston Villa (h)    3pts
LFC 3 - 1 Everton (h)     3pts
West Brom 2 - 4 LFC (a)      3pts
LFC 1 - 1 Arsenal (h)      1pt
Fulham 1 - 3 LFC (a)    3pts

13 points - thank you very much.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 pm

tell you what I found interesting, yesterday Rodgers mentioned that of our remaining 9 away games 7 of those matches are against sides currently in the bottom half of the table, now as Rodgers said himself that stat doesn't mean much unless you go and win those games but IMO we won't have a better chance of achieving something.
That stat may go some way to explaining our relatively poor away form over the first half of the season too, looks like our away fixtures were heavily front loaded.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm wrote:tell you what I found interesting, yesterday Rodgers mentioned that of our remaining 9 away games 7 of those matches are against sides currently in the bottom half of the table, now as Rodgers said himself that stat doesn't mean much unless you go and win those games but IMO we won't have a better chance of achieving something.
That stat may go some way to explaining our relatively poor away form over the first half of the season too, looks like our away fixtures were heavily front loaded.

Against sides who will be fighting for their survival too. So it can go either way.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:33 pm wrote:tell you what I found interesting, yesterday Rodgers mentioned that of our remaining 9 away games 7 of those matches are against sides currently in the bottom half of the table, now as Rodgers said himself that stat doesn't mean much unless you go and win those games but IMO we won't have a better chance of achieving something.

Against sides who will be fighting for their survival too. So it can go either way.

True, but I'd still rather be playing teams in the lower half than the top half given the choice, especially away from home.
Plus under Rodgers we seem a bit better equipped in terms of dispatching the lesser lights in the division than we have been in the recent past.
But as you say mate, and as the debacle at hull proved, no matter where you go you have got to play well or you are going to get turned over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 pm

You're right about being better equipment. This season, I feel more confident about getting a result away from home especially against tough opposition. When I say tough I don't mean the big guns, I mean the type where we should beat them on paper but fall short. Aren't we the only team in Stoke's history to score 5 goals at their home ground?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm not sure about that 5 goal stat tbh mate, I remember us beating them 8-0 at their place in the league cup when houllier was in charge, maybe that 5 goal thing is just league games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 am

No reason why we can't get 13 points from the next 5.

Toughest game by far is against the Gooners.

Since we met I think our midfield has slightly improved but our defense looks worse. Not sure if Sakho and Agger will be back by then?

The bitters will test us but I really think Danny and Luis will put them to the sword.

Mark my words the Gooners game is our season SHOWDOWN, beat them and we will be even closer then 2008/2009 to the holy grail.

Wouldn't it be poetic if Luis scores four goals, holds up four fingers points to the away crowd and adds a zero on his other hand, while having a laugh at the silly f**kers :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:12 am

Also heard that all teams winning 21 games have got to the CL bar one, Spurs last year. Which means we must win at least eight matches out of seventeen remaining which I think is very possible. Frankly I think that CL is ours to lose. I'd rather aim for 3rd rather than 4th and I think we have another ten wins in us this season. If we won ten, drew three and lost four we would have 75 points which should be enough to get CL football. Now if won another two and only lost two more we would have 81 points, which this year may well be enough to lift the title, wishful thinking I know but it is all to play for.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 am

eds » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:26 am wrote:No reason why we can't get 13 points from the next 5.

Toughest game by far is against the Gooners.

Since we met I think our midfield has slightly improved but our defense looks worse. Not sure if Sakho and Agger will be back by then?

The bitters will test us but I really think Danny and Luis will put them to the sword.

Mark my words the Gooners game is our season SHOWDOWN, beat them and we will be even closer then 2008/2009 to the holy grail.

Wouldn't it be poetic if Luis scores four goals, holds up four fingers points to the away crowd and adds a zero on his other hand, while having a laugh at the silly f**kers :buttrock

Of course there is no reason we couldn't get 13 points from the next 5 games. But the litmus test is would you put money on it?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:31 am

12 points should be a minimum.

Villa Everton and Arsenal at home. I think only Arsenal will come to win

WBA and Fulham away with Luis and Sturridge in the side should be a formality

I know its very cliche but we really need to take one game at a time, beat Villa then think about Everton

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion