The next five games - Villa, Evtn, Wbrom, Arsen, Ful

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 am

Ive taken the liberty to post who our rivals also have in these games

Liverpool            Chelsea                  Arsenal                    City
Villa(H)              Man Utd (H)            Fulham (H)               Cardiff (H)
Everton (H)        West ham (H)          Southampton (A)      Tottenham (A)
WBA (A)             Man City (A)            Crystal palace (H)     Chelsea  (H)
Arsenal (H)        Newcastle (H)          Liverpool (A)             Norwich (A)
Fulham (A)        WBA (A)                   Man Utd (H)              Sunderland (H)

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:38 am

Some nil all draws in Arsenal, Chelsea,Citeh, Utd and Spurs respective  games would be handy
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:45 am

LFC1990 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:15 am wrote:Ive taken the liberty to post who our rivals also have in these games

Liverpool            Chelsea                  Arsenal                    City
Villa(H)              Man Utd (H)            Fulham (H)               Cardiff (H)
Everton (H)        West ham (H)          Southampton (A)      Tottenham (A)
WBA (A)             Man City (A)            Crystal palace (H)     Chelsea  (H)
Arsenal (H)        Newcastle (H)          Liverpool (A)             Norwich (A)
Fulham (A)        WBA (A)                   Man Utd (H)              Sunderland (H)

i'm not sure those teams are our rivals, to be honest, as i'd expect at least 2 of them to finish above us. i'd be more interested in seeing who spurs, everton and man united have got as in all probability we'll be battling with them for 4th spot. if you can be bothered to do it i would be most grateful.  :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Bitch :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redno7 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Out of those fixtures I'd expect chelsea to bag 9 points, Arsnail to bag 12 points, City to bag all 15 points

Which will leave the table looking like this...

City 62pts
Ars 60 pts
LFC 55pts
Chelsea 55pts
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am

Especially for you Andy

Man Utd                    Spurs                                  Everton
Chelsea (A)              Swansea (A)                         WBA (A)
Cardiff (H)               Man city (H)                         Liverpool (A)
Stoke (A)                 Hull (A)                                A.Villa (H)
Fulham (H)              Everton (H)                           Spurs (A)
Arsenal (A)              Newcastle (A)                       Palace (H)

If you look at these fixtures as well as the other ones i posted looking at it in 5 weeks there are some interesting games

Week 1 Chelsea V Man Utd
Week 2 Spurs V Man city    and Liverpool V Everton
Week 3 Man city V Chelsea
Week 4 Liverpool V Arsenal  and Spurs V Everton
Week 5 Arsenal V Man Utd

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks for that 1990, much appreciated.
Looking at this upcoming mini block of 5 games every team has 2 tough fixtures but Everton, spurs and United have 2 home games and 3 away games where as Chelsea, arsenal, city and ourselves have 3 home games and 2 away.
It's only the slightest of advantages but with a bit of luck (and a big performance against Everton) maybe we can put a bit of distance between us and the 3 teams immediately below us.
We may even gain some ground on the teams above us too, here's hoping.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Spurs have a terrible set of games coming up. Would love to see Crouch, Adam, Pennant and Assaidi beat the f*ck out of Manure though.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:50 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 pm wrote:Spurs have a terrible set of games coming up. Would love to see Crouch, Adam, Pennant and Assaidi beat the f*ck out of Manure though.

Your right mate, they have got a tough run coming up.
The only crumb of comfort for them is that their two fixtures against city and Everton are at home. Infact that's another slight advantage for us, all the other top teams bar spurs have at least one away game at another 'CL challenging' club. Both of our tough fixtures in this little run of 5 games are at anfield.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:32 pm wrote:Thanks for that 1990, much appreciated.
Looking at this upcoming mini block of 5 games every team has 2 tough fixtures but Everton, spurs and United have 2 home games and 3 away games where as Chelsea, arsenal, city and ourselves have 3 home games and 2 away.
It's only the slightest of advantages but with a bit of luck (and a big performance against Everton) maybe we can put a bit of distance between us and the 3 teams immediately below us.
We may even gain some ground on the teams above us too, here's hoping.

No probs

I think another key thing is with the two tough games you mentioned all the teams having. Us and Spurs are both at home for both and Citeh and Arsenal have 1 home and 1 away Utd and Everton on the other hand have both away.

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:41 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:21 am wrote:Especially for you Andy

thank you. you're a sweetheart.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 am

5 points from 3 games. It should have been 9 but it was not to be.
Anyway, I've two concerns.

1) Our lack of defensive depth
Loaning Ilori out seems incredibly stupid seeing how we are lacking in that department. Agger, Enrique, Sakho and Johnson are injured. We've only got Kelly, Flanagan, Toure, Skrtel and Cissokho. We could have benefited from having a young and speedy defensive player in the shape of Ilori at such a point in time. Initially at the start of the season I was under the impression that we've got too many defenders but injuries have really hit us hard. Anyone has any idea when the 4 injured defenders will return to action?

2) Joe Allen
I think he's critical to the team. He needs to start ahead of either Coutinho, Sterling or Sturridge. BR has a tough decision to make. Allen offers so much more and he links up very well. He provides a balance and calm to the team that's not present when all 4 attackers start. There's no point going all gung-ho when our defense is shipping in goals like a whore at a red light district. There's only so much our attackers can do after all. Based on form, Coutinho should be dropped as he's been a frustrated figure lately.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 am

maypaxvobiscum » Feb 3rd, '14, 06:50 wrote:5 points from 3 games. It should have been 9 but it was not to be.
Anyway, I've two concerns.

1) Our lack of defensive depth
Loaning Ilori out seems incredibly stupid seeing how we are lacking in that department. Agger, Enrique, Sakho and Johnson are injured. We've only got Kelly, Flanagan, Toure, Skrtel and Cissokho. We could have benefited from having a young and speedy defensive player in the shape of Ilori at such a point in time. Initially at the start of the season I was under the impression that we've got too many defenders but injuries have really hit us hard. Anyone has any idea when the 4 injured defenders will return to action?

2) Joe Allen
I think he's critical to the team. He needs to start ahead of either Coutinho, Sterling or Sturridge. BR has a tough decision to make. Allen offers so much more and he links up very well. He provides a balance and calm to the team that's not present when all 4 attackers start. There's no point going all gung-ho when our defense is shipping in goals like a whore at a red light district. There's only so much our attackers can do after all. Based on form, Coutinho should be dropped as he's been a frustrated figure lately.

Any chances of bringing  Ilori and any of our other loaned out players back early.....?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 am

I don't think so. Would love to see someone like Wisdom or Robinson coming back for the rest of the season to provide an option or two. I think McLaughlin is out on loan too? I've never seen him play but some of the posters here seem to rate him highly.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:44 am

when you look at the 5 fixtures I think 10 points would have been quite good.  We've got 5. 
Need at least 4 if not 6 from Arsenal and Fulham
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion