The 'graveyard' shift - Steven gerrard's auto-biography

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 pm

i got this book for xmas and was amazed when i got to the part where gary mac joined the club. apologies if you've all already read it, but if u havent, read on.......

the media made so much of gerrard playing on the right this season refering to it as 'the graveyard shift' as gerrard apparently calls it in his book because he hardy gets the ball out there... bulSH!T

stevie called it 'the graveyard shift' under houllier when gary mac and hamman occupied the centre and danny murphy, stevie and david thompson were left to battle it out for what they called 'the graveyard shift' on the right. whats even more amazing is the reason they called it 'the graveyard shift' - because whoever started there would never play 90 minutes, they'd always be subbed, hence 'killing' off their game early: NOTHING to do with not being involved in play out on the right under benitez!

MORAL: never believe what the media says
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:40 pm

I think also he is referring to the right BACK slot in his BOOK isn't he?   :down:
Last edited by Rafa D on Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Crouchamania » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:26 pm

The wha?
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby weringo » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:I think also he is referring to the right book slot in his back isn't he?

:D
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby PabloAimar » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:05 pm

? ?
PabloAimar

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:41 pm

i got this book for xmas and was amazed when i got to the part where gary mac joined the club. apologies if you've all already read it, but if u havent, read on.......

the media made so much of gerrard playing on the right this season refering to it as 'the graveyard shift' as gerrard apparently calls it in his book because he hardy gets the ball out there... bulSH!T

stevie called it 'the graveyard shift' under houllier when gary mac and hamman occupied the centre and danny murphy, stevie and david thompson were left to battle it out for what they called 'the graveyard shift' on the right. whats even more amazing is the reason they called it 'the graveyard shift' - because whoever started there would never play 90 minutes, they'd always be subbed, hence 'killing' off their game early: NOTHING to do with not being involved in play out on the right under benitez!

MORAL: never believe what the media says

Quite correct. I think it was because that they were the younger players so they got shoved to the right wing. I got it when i was over in November and had it finished in a week, its a great read and if anyone hasnt bought it or read it i advise do so, its a great book
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby Smeg » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:26 am

Right Midfield under Houllier.
Smeg

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:39 am

i gotta goto chapters tomorrow and see if I can pick that up and the owen autobio aswell.

Im reading one now that my neighbur across the street said it was a really good read.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 pm

personally though, i think fowlers is much better :)
PabloAimar

Postby Rafa D » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:23 pm

Fowlers is a lot better, just because he has had more of a career than Gerrard. The whole Houllier and Leeds situations made for very interesting reading.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 am

I just read the Fowler situation before he left for Leeds. Wot a prat Houllier was for trying to force him out for no reason. Thommo also played his part and for that i've lost some respect i had for him. People may think i'm making a lot of this and say no one man is bigger than the club but they both basically :censored: on Fowler and forced him out. Also note that he blames Houllier for Owen leaving, have to say he's right because Houllier should have had his contract long sewn up. Disappointing to hear that a legend at the club was :censored: on my an ex-manager.

FOWLER IS GOD!!! :bowdown  :bowdown
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:47 am

The graveyard shift?

Isn't that the nickname given to the managerial position at Leeds United?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion