The best individual performance in the prem - Whos was it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:24 pm

Ive seen a lot of topics recently askin "who scored the best goal in the prem" or "who had the best debut for liverpool" but ive been tryin to think who put in the best individual performance in one single game since the premiership began.

The first liverpool performances that spring to mind was fowlers 4 and a half minute hat trick and Paddy Burgers against chelsea. Also i remember when Gerrard switch to right back in the derby a few years back and he was awesome, that even had people callin for him to play there for england in that position.

A couple of other ones i remember from other players in the prem was Bergkamps hat trick against Leicester and no matter how much i hate to say this Vidukas 4 goals and Ravanellis debut against liverpool are performances i remember only to well!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:32 pm

for liverpool there have been some pretty memorable ones.

1. fowler's 4 minute hatrick vs arsenal.
2. owen's 15 minute hatrick vs newcastle.
3. owen's 4 goals vs forest.

outside of our club, it has to be the bergkamp hatrick vs leicester or thierry henry vs leeds last season.
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:34 pm

HENRYS 4 GOALS AGAINST LEEDS WASNT BAD,BUT MY BEST FOR LIVERPOOL WOULD PROBABLY BE ROBBIE FOWLER S HATRICK VS ARSENAL
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:37 pm

typically there have been several memorable ones against us.  henry on good friday, and nigel martyn in the derby. he saved everything that day with his head, leg, backside. we just couldn't score. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Are we talking just in premiership history?
As you have already mentioned Fowlers against the A.rse can i suggest Owens hat-trick against the toon at St James it was Guillits first game and promised sexy football, unfortunatly for him Owen was unstoppable that day. Also Fowler against the scum on Cantona's game back after his ban and perhaps most saddest was Juniniho against Leeds when Boro was relegated the first time, he played his little heart out, was tackling, getting forward, defending, heading and was getting right stuck in. He was completley overcome by the end of the match physically and emotionally, it also helped changed my opinoins on imported players and the meaning of our clubs to them.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:39 pm

Owens 4 goals against Forest a few seasons back. I was there & I met him in the players lounge after too - top day!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:45 pm

i also remember riise putting in a blinding performance in the 5-0 win over ipswich on the lasy day to clinch 2nd place in 2001-2002. he scored twice from left back, turning up twice in the penalty area. he got 8 goals that season. unfortunately, he's never really recaptured that form on a consistent basis.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:51 pm

Yeah he was top class that season, maybe we should have swapped him then for Roberto Carlos!!!! I am right in thinking they put a bid in for him but GH turned it down arent I? ???? ???
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrard_steven » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:51 pm

wot bout owens 2 goal salvo which won us the fa cup against arsenal that as class?
gerrard_steven

Postby blind » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:12 pm

best performances iw ould have to go for fowler in the 4-3 matches with Newcastle two seasons on the run as he just kept going at them.

he is half the player he was then shame really
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:35 pm

The 2nd 4 3 game against Newcastle is one game ill never forget, once it went 3-3 i was devasted cos are first half performance were we went 3-0 up was one of the best id seen at anfield and just wanted to get off but me mate pursuaded me to sit down and how glad i was when stig put in a cross which ye couldnt defend cos it was that good and fowler rose like the proverbial salmon and nearly burst the back of the net......Class!

FOWLER IS GOD!
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fritzylfc » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:08 pm

as a liverpool fan it was the day heskey ,,,, off to birmingham.the future is red.
fritzylfc

Postby mynameisred » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:20 pm

Yeah its all downhill for Heskey now, no Owen , no Houllier, no red shirt and maybe no white one for much longer. Still I think there should be a tinge of sadness with his departure. The brief glimpses gave us hope that one day he would be the player he could be but his time simply ran out (although it was prolonged by GH).
How about the day Rushie scored his first goal against the mancs in his career he was getting on by then and if I remember correctly it was against Schmichael. That brought a tear to my eye.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:45 pm

Bruno Zidane! wrote:Also i remember when Gerrard switch to right back in the derby a few years back and he was awesome, that even had people callin for him to play there for england in that position.

It was on that day that I realised that Stevie was destined to be one of the all time greats at Anfield.

Not cus of the performance, skill or a goal, it was, and I dont know if you can remember this, when he cleared the ball off the line from a blue sh!te attack. The way he celebrated stopping those bitter barstewards scoring will live forever in my memory.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:37 am

And thats why stevie G can never ever be allowed to leave Anfield!
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion