Taxi for Torres - judas fecks off to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:59 pm

We are never going to get Keane, Defoe or Berbatov, not unless we pay insane money and they aren't worth that. I reckon we could get Anelka though, he must be p1ssed off at Bolton and he is a special striker in the same way Torres is. In any case it would be a very good stop gap until the summer when we could hopefully try and get hold of Villa.
heimdall

Postby roberto green » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Maybe Rafa will end up realizing he has a class striker in the making in Ryan Babel if he just give him a go in his NATURAL POSITION. :D
roberto green

Postby Bermenstein » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:03 am

roberto green wrote:Maybe Rafa will end up realizing he has a class striker in the making in Ryan Babel if he just give him a go in his NATURAL POSITION. :D

I'll 2nd that.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby skatesy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:23 am

Bermenstein wrote:
roberto green wrote:Maybe Rafa will end up realizing he has a class striker in the making in Ryan Babel if he just give him a go in his NATURAL POSITION. :D

I'll 2nd that.

I'll 3rd that.
skatesy

Postby holylamb2006 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 am

I think robbie keane would be a perfect partner for torres ......

Like think about it he has great vision , good passing , good shot , quick , intelligent , fit , adapted to EPL and he's irish

The only bad thing about him is that he's a bit old :(

You'd get him for around 9,500,000
compared to villa           20,000,000 +

Just looks better value for money ....
holylamb2006

Postby stmichael » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:34 am

holylamb2006 wrote:I think robbie keane would be a perfect partner for torres ......

Like think about it he has great vision , good passing , good shot , quick , intelligent , fit , adapted to EPL and he's irish

The only bad thing about him is that he's a bit old :(

You'd get him for around 9,500,000
compared to villa           20,000,000 +

Just looks better value for money ....

he's 27. he should be coming into his prime.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby holylamb2006 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:53 am

he's 27. he should be coming into his prime

Serious ?? ?? i thought he was into his 30's :D :D

Well its even more the reason to buy him...
:)
holylamb2006

Postby Sarge » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:59 am

how about deco? rumour has it that he's not happy at barca and would die to play in the premiership
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Foximus » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:02 am

Sarge wrote:how about deco? rumour has it that he's not happy at barca and would die to play in the premiership

Deco are you serious? why would we want another midfielder? we already have 3 excellent Central Midfielders.
Foximus

Postby Sarge » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:12 am

Foximus wrote:
Sarge wrote:how about deco? rumour has it that he's not happy at barca and would die to play in the premiership

Deco are you serious? why would we want another midfielder? we already have 3 excellent Central Midfielders.

coz rafa is known for buying unwanted players
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 am

bavlondon wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Since he has arrived he has scored 15 goals and we are only into December plus he was dropped for 2 games and injured for a few otherwise he could have been on 20 goals already.

He is making our other three strikers look very poor indeed, the way he can make a goal out of nothing, his pace, pertifying defenders making them look stupid turning them inside out.

Now the thing is if he got injured we can only really count on Gerrard to get us out the sh!t him and Gerrard are our highest scorers speaks a lot for Kuyt, Voronin and Crouch.

The lad needs a world class partner or someone who can play and score goals when Torres is rested at the momment in the prem none of the others will guarentee us goals they are not in the box enough and have no pace what so ever.

This is a big worry along with a new CH our two weakest positions if injuries occur.

I like Crouch but he offers more in the CL rather being a second striker in the prem, but he wont want to stay just to play in the CL plus he isnt guarenteed a start in them games either.

So who would be an ideal partner for Torres?
Depending on the money we have to spend in January or in the summer.

Anelka would jump at the chance to come back to us, Bebatov seems to lazy to me even though he gets the goals doesnt really seem like a Rafa team player.
Robbie Keane, Santa Cruz, Benjani but he's off to the AN I think these are the players we could look at and offer more than the other three we have. Also David Villa wants away from Valencia.

We could offload atleast one of them cause when Pennants back Babel can be used upfront also probably his best position anyway.

But we really need another goal scoring forward whether we get one or not is a different matter though.

Out of those you mention I think Anelka is the only real choice. Berbatov would cost too much and we dont have that sort of cash (well we dont know that for sure but.....) and Benjani does miss quite a few. Hes just having a good patch. What about Dean Ashton?

ashton would be cheap and he is a good finisher but he has been plauged by injuries am i right mate ? If we are to sign someone this season i'd go for anelka like the many of us , one of the most reliable finishers and will cost ard 10 mill .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:03 am

s@int wrote:If I could have my choice I would probably go for Sergio Aguero who would cost about £20million+ , Giovani Dos Santos who although still very young we could get for £10million at the moment (buy out clause)or Diego who would cost about £10/15million. Any of these would be great IMO, they would create lots of goals and score plenty as well, while linking attack and midfield and adding that little bit of much needed creativity when we come up against the top sides.

but one prob mate , they are not proven in the english league , they could be flops with great records from their own leagues , etc cissie
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:54 am

Toffeehater wrote:
s@int wrote:If I could have my choice I would probably go for Sergio Aguero who would cost about £20million+ , Giovani Dos Santos who although still very young we could get for £10million at the moment (buy out clause)or Diego who would cost about £10/15million. Any of these would be great IMO, they would create lots of goals and score plenty as well, while linking attack and midfield and adding that little bit of much needed creativity when we come up against the top sides.

but one prob mate , they are not proven in the english league , they could be flops with great records from their own leagues , etc cissie

Was Torres proven in the English league? Maybe we shouldn't have bought him either  :D

Any player can be a flop, all buys are a gamble no matter where they come from. Clough looked ideal for the liverpool team, had already won medals and was PROVEN in England. Morientes was proven in Europe and again looked a guaranteed success. Heskey ?

Van Nistelroy, Henry etc etc came over here and were tremendously successful.

You have to pick a player on ability not on where they come from. Obviously its an advantage if they have prem experience but you also pay a high premium for that.

The point I was trying to make was rather than going for another out and out striker, we should be going for a creative second striker that will create as many goals for others as they score themselves. Players in the mould of Stjohn,Keegan, Dalglish, Beardsley, Bergkamp, Sheringham etc etc.

We are desperately short of someone with that extra creativity in attack when we come up against resolute defences and top sides, someone who will link up our midfield and attack.

As I have said before apart from Chelsea and Blackburn what was the last team to win the league without a creative second striker. Think of any great team and the chances are that they had a creative second striker.

Just think of Liverpool teams :-

1960's 2 league titles  (With Stjohn)
1970's 3 league titles  (with Keegan)
1970's 2 league titles  (with Dalglish)
1980's 6 league titles  (4 with Dalglish) (2 with Beardsley)

Then look were the gaps in our title runs occur, 1967 - 1973, 1990 - present day. Strangely Stjohn was moved back into midfield and we bought Hateley to play alongside Hunt in 1967. It wasn't till Keegan came along that we started to win titles again.

Right after Keegan left we bought Dalglish so obviously there was no interuptions to the flow of titles, then we bought Beardsley and the titles still flowed our way.

1991 we sold Beardsley and since then we haven't won the title.

Yes we have won plenty of cups because we have had some great players in the last 18 years, but to become a great team again we need a great creative second striker.

United have had a string of them Cantona, York, Sherringham, Rooney, Arsenal have had one of the best in Bergkamp, we have had Litmenen (who hardly played) and Murphy  :D Not forgetting Kuyt, who is probably the most uncreative second striker in the league :D

In fact probably the best partnership we have had in the last 18 years was Collymore and Fowler, but as we all know Collymore wasn't the steadiest bottle on the shelf.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby kazza » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:18 am

s@int wrote:Yes we have won plenty of cups because we have had some great players in the last 18 years, but to become a great team again we need a great creative second striker.

Remember the guy that drank sangria?

Kidding with you Saint, I agree a creative second striker in the mold of Dalglish or Keegan is needed to become a "great team". I think Babel could have the skill but not the temprement for that role. Raffa however always seems to choose a second striker that "works hard for the team" and is better at defending than creating. Maybe he plays the team he has and if we were to get a Keegan type player he would change team tactics to best use him,
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:23 am

kazza wrote:
s@int wrote:Yes we have won plenty of cups because we have had some great players in the last 18 years, but to become a great team again we need a great creative second striker.

Remember the guy that drank sangria?

Kidding with you Saint, I agree a creative second striker in the mold of Dalglish or Keegan is needed to become a "great team". I think Babel could have the skill but not the temprement for that role. Raffa however always seems to choose a second striker that "works hard for the team" and is better at defending than creating. Maybe he plays the team he has and if we were to get a Keegan type player he would change team tactics to best use him,

Strangely we won the CL for the first time in 20 years with Garcia. See.... it all makes sense mate  :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion