Taxi's for melwood

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:24 pm

Well no time to be sentimental if your Rafa Benitez, the clearout thats taking place will see a major overhaul of the squad.
Cisse, Morientes, Hamann gone now reguarded as surplace to requirements and to get them off the wage bill.
Before the transfer window closes there will be an exodus of a lot of players.
Whitbread, Raven, Cheyrou and Barragan have been sold Chris Kirkland has just signed for Wigan till January on loan again.

Salif Diao, Anthony Le Tallec,  Djimi Traore, Florent Sinama Pongolle, Stephen Warnock and maybe Jan Kromkamp? will also be shown the exit door.

Paul Anderson, Besian Idrizaj, Neil Mellor, Darren Potter and Danny Guthrie mostly reserve players out them 5 I think only Anderson will possibly make it into the first team.

This leaves us with:

Pepe Reina, Jerzy Dudek? Scott Carson?
Sami Hyypia, Jamie Carragher, Daniel Agger, Paletta.
Steve Finnan, John Arne Riise, Fabio Aurelio.
Steven Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko.
Harry Kewell, Bolo Zenden, Luis Garcia, Mark Gonzales.
Peter Crouch and Robbie Fowler, Craig Bellamy.

Is this going to be enough? Will these new players settle in ok or could we leave ourselves in danger reguarding injuries or a ban?

Should a load of the forementioned players leave?
It will reduce the wage bill for them players that have been on loan ecspecially, when we could be paying them wages to players that are actually helping us win things.

Thoughts please guys.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:30 pm

Haven't we signed Pualetta(sp)?

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:51 pm

Ciggy wrote:Well no time to be sentimental if your Rafa Benitez, the clearout thats taking place will see a major overhaul of the squad.
Cisse, Morientes, Hamann gone now reguarded as surplace to requirements and to get them off the wage bill.
Whitbread, Raven, Cheyrou and Barragan have been sold Chris Kirkland will also leave within the next 24 hours.

Salif Diao, Anthony Le Tallec,  Djimi Traore, Florent Sinama Pongolle, Stephen Warnock and maybe Jan Kromkamp? will also be shown the exit door.

Paul Anderson, Besian Idrizaj, Neil Mellor, Darren Potter and Danny Guthrie mostly reserve players out them 5 I think only Anderson will possibly make it into the first team.

This leaves us with:

Is this going to be enough? Will these new players settle in ok or could we leave ourselves in danger reguarding injuries or a ban?

It will reduce the wage bill for them players that have been on loan ecspecially, when we could be paying them wages to players that are actually helping us win things.

Thoughts please guys.

I think darren potters already gone. Anderson is like our brightest prospect i reckon he will make the first team
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:57 pm

Did you copy bits of this off RAWK? Ive read a similiar post from there...  :D

I think a few of them should leave but not as many as has been mentioned, i think we should keep the likes of pongolle and other bright young prospects but get rid of the deadwood that are useless to us such as diao le tallec, traore, warnock etc.
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:01 pm

GOAT wrote:Did you copy bits of this off RAWK?

Only the players names not the actual post.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 pm

For a Premiership team a squad of 22,23 or 24 first team players is what you would want, the clubs competing in Europe are likely to have 23 or 24, but that really is the maximum. And all these players must be good enough to play in the Premiership, with maybe the exception of 1 or 2 talented youngsters. If you have any players aged 22 plus out on loan then you know that something isn’t right, if you have any players aged 22 plus in the reserve then you know something isn’t right. Since Rafa has come he has been shaping the squad nicely, last season we made much more progress on the pitch and in terms of squad shaping than I thought we would. This is how I see the shape of our squad right now:

Pepe Reina
                                       Jerzy Dudek
                                       David Martin

Steve Finnan     Jamie Carragher      Sami Hyypia        Fabio Aurelio
Jan Kromkamp    Gabriel Paletta        Daniel Agger       John Arne Riise

A NEW RM         Steven Gerrard       Xabi Alonso         Harry Kewell
Luis Garcia         Momo Sissoko    Boudewijn Zenden    Mark Gonzalez

A NEW ST        Craig Bellamy
                         Peter Crouch     Robbie Fowler

Ignore which order I put them in and the formation, that is purely for squad size and shape, were almost there in terms of these 2 things. All we need another striker and a right midfielder, and arguably a central midfielder to replace Hamann, so 2, maximum 3 signings are needed if we keep the above players, and for me that is a very strong squad.

We can have the following youngsters in the reserves:

Paul Anderson
Besian Idrizaj
Danny Guthrie
David Mannix
Miki Roque
Lee Peltier
Danny O'Donnell
James Smith
Adam Hammill
Jack Hobbs
Godwin Antwi
Plus a few more from the under 18s who are bound to get a chance in the reserves

(And send out Scott Carson on loan for the season)

That makes these players surplus to requirements, get rid of them and our squad trimming in complete:

Djibril Cisse
Djimi Traore
Carl Medjani
Chris Kirkland
Stephen Warnock
Neil Mellor
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Anthony Le Tallec
Salif Diao
Darren Potter

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 pm

Ciggy wrote:
GOAT wrote:Did you copy bits of this off RAWK?

Only the players names not the actual post.

Okay, I'll let you off  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:10 pm

i can't believe diao is still on the wagebill? what frigging wages is he on? :angry:
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mitch22 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:20 pm

stmichael wrote:i can't believe diao is still on the wagebill? what frigging wages is he on? :angry:

far too much wat ever it is . cant belive he played center half in a few games too
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:41 pm

mitch22 wrote:
stmichael wrote:i can't believe diao is still on the wagebill? what frigging wages is he on? :angry:

far too much wat ever it is . cant belive he played center half in a few games too

i cant believe he scored in the league cup season before last !  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:59 pm

i would like to think we'd keep kromkamp, pongolle and warnock out of all the names mentioned.
i think they can still play a decent role in our squad next season.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:08 pm

Ciggy wrote:Well no time to be sentimental if your Rafa Benitez, the clearout thats taking place will see a major overhaul of the squad.
Whitbread, Raven, Cheyrou and Barragan have been sold Chris Kirkland has just signed for Wigan till January on loan again.

This leaves us with:

Thoughts please guys.

Whats happened to Godwin Antwi and Miki Roque ?

I havent heard anything about them being sold ?  :oh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:

This leaves us with:

Thoughts please guys.

Whats happened to Godwin Antwi and Miki Roque ?

I havent heard anything about them being sold ?  :oh:

They havent been, them and the rest of the dozens of talented youngsters we've got will be in the youth squad, i think anderson could make his debut on the RW this season, i like the look of hobbs too
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:For a Premiership team a squad of 22,23 or 24 first team players is what you would want, the clubs competing in Europe are likely to have 23 or 24, but that really is the maximum. And all these players must be good enough to play in the Premiership, with maybe the exception of 1 or 2 talented youngsters. If you have any players aged 22 plus out on loan then you know that something isn’t right, if you have any players aged 22 plus in the reserve then you know something isn’t right. Since Rafa has come he has been shaping the squad nicely, last season we made much more progress on the pitch and in terms of squad shaping than I thought we would. This is how I see the shape of our squad right now:

Pepe Reina
                                       Jerzy Dudek
                                       David Martin

Steve Finnan     Jamie Carragher      Sami Hyypia        Fabio Aurelio
Jan Kromkamp    Gabriel Paletta        Daniel Agger       John Arne Riise

A NEW RM         Steven Gerrard       Xabi Alonso         Harry Kewell
Luis Garcia         Momo Sissoko    Boudewijn Zenden    Mark Gonzalez

A NEW ST        Craig Bellamy
                         Peter Crouch     Robbie Fowler

Absolutely spot on there C-H-L.
Rafa said he wants two players for every position, and he's not far off at the moment. A striker and a right winger is all we need to make the squad complete. And with the cream of our Youth Cup winning squad pushing through, it should make for a very interesting season. These are definitely exciting times.
There are a couple of players that I'd be sorry to see go though - namely Warnock and Pongolle because both have potential. Maybe they could be loaned out for a season to one of the newly promoted teams . - Just a thought.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:37 pm

we need 3 players.
Smeg

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion