Taxi for Torres - judas fecks off to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:58 am

Seano Kop wrote:David Villa generally doesn'tr work that well with Torres internationally, so why would it be any different at Liverpool?

As they would play regular. At international level they play alongside each other and not regular as that lad we got shot of is playing well. .......What was his name again :D

No they possibly will not shed out all that money but hey yet again they are my thoughts so. :D
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby MLPD » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:08 am

Villa could be a little selfish... great player but not too generous with team mates
MLPD

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 am

tell ya who looks the biz... santa Cruz.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:09 am

Red Dotty wrote:
Seano Kop wrote:David Villa generally doesn'tr work that well with Torres internationally, so why would it be any different at Liverpool?

As they would play regular. At international level they play alongside each other and not regular as that lad we got shot of is playing well. .......What was his name again :D

No they possibly will not shed out all that money but hey yet again they are my thoughts so. :D

Can be aswered aswell saying that Torres didn't score a goal for Spain in 8 games (a whole year). But that doesn't mean he wouldn't score for Liverpool, as he has shown.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:11 am

skatesy wrote:Do we honestly believe that Liverpool is going to shell out the money needed for another world class striker like Villa or any of the other world class strikers that have been floating around?

not when the likes of dirk kuyt are seen as good enough for LFC.
puroresu

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 am

puroresu wrote:
skatesy wrote:Do we honestly believe that Liverpool is going to shell out the money needed for another world class striker like Villa or any of the other world class strikers that have been floating around?

not when the likes of dirk kuyt are seen as good enough for LFC.

The lad did score in the champs league final

Is he really that bad. :(

I don't think he is that bad a player, No not the quality that is maybe around him but not all teams are made up of quality some have some real work donky's in them .

Look at Drgba :p

Oh no he's just looks like a Donkey :eyebrow
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby skatesy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:17 am

Lee J wrote:I'd love to see Robbie Keane in a pool shirt. I've always thought he'd do better at Liverpool, he our kind of player.

He is a workhorse like Kuyt but he can put them in the back of the net, consistently.
skatesy

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 am

skatesy wrote:
Lee J wrote:I'd love to see Robbie Keane in a pool shirt. I've always thought he'd do better at Liverpool, he our kind of player.

He is a workhorse like Kuyt but he can put them in the back of the net, consistently.

And of course Spurs would welcome us with open arms when we ask how much they want for him. :upside:
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:32 am

I dunno, we're gonna have to pay top whack who ever we sign, may as well sign a proven premiership goal scoring workhorse who will work for the team and bag the goals, as opposed to someone who will cost as much but be a flop.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Dotty » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:35 am

Lee J wrote:I dunno, we're gonna have to pay top whack who ever we sign, may as well sign a proven premiership goal scoring workhorse who will work for the team and bag the goals, as opposed to someone who will cost as much but be a flop.

Yes you maybe right but the big problem for that player we buy who bags lots of goals for other teams is, the weight of expectation is too much. Anelka was a  good player but not prolific for us yet everywhere else before and since has been quality
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby whtwht » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:45 am

I think if we signed Anelka in this Transfer Window - it would transform our 'game dominance 'into a lot  more goals and play more pass and move .  When Anelka was here previously we came second , am sure  we could do the same if not better bringing him back. Im also sure PL defenders  would be bricking it ???
whtwht

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:48 am

skatesy wrote:

He does work hard, like Kuyt, but thats the only respect that  I think you can possibly compare Keane and Kuyt. One is bristling with attacking intent, inventive and blessed with quick feet and a fleet mind to match. One of them is sharp, anticipates, gets on his bike before the ball has even deviated in his direction and exudes menace. One doesn't.

I cannot beleive the little flicked pass that Keane played in the build up to Bernbatovs goal against Arsenal is a contribution in terms of football brain, skill and exection that will ever feature in Kuyts repertoire. I am not necessarily saying we should sign Keane BTW,. merely pointing out that in my opinion anyway, he is in a different stratosphere to Kuyt I'm afraid. Having said that, unfortunately IMHO so was Bellamy and we flogged him.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:52 am

bigmick wrote:
skatesy wrote:

He does work hard, like Kuyt, but thats the only respect that  I think you can possibly compare Keane and Kuyt. One is bristling with attacking intent, inventive and blessed with quick feet and a fleet mind to match. One of them is sharp, anticipates, gets on his bike before the ball has even deviated in his direction and exudes menace. One doesn't.

I cannot beleive the little flicked pass that Keane played in the build up to Bernbatovs goal against Arsenal is a contribution in terms of football brain, skill and exection that will ever feature in Kuyts repertoire. I am not necessarily saying we should sign Keane BTW,. merely pointing out that in my opinion anyway, he is in a different stratosphere to Kuyt I'm afraid. Having said that, unfortunately IMHO so was Bellamy and we flogged him.

I agree, and I was not attempting to put Kuyt and Keane on the same pedestal. I was merely pointing out that Keane is pretty much everything that Kuyt is and a whole lot more.

The one main defense that people use when defending Kuyt is that he is a workhorse which I agree, he definitely is. And with that in mind, I believe that a workhorse like Keane would work quite well with Torres.

However, still, at the end of the day I am really reluctant that Liverpool is going to shell out any more 'serious' money for another top striker.
skatesy

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:28 pm

Don't necessarily agree we need another striker just yet...more defensive cover methinks....BUT...if Rafa were to go for another striker, I'd be happier to offload Voronin and pick up someone like Defoe...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby saetiakidLFC » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:49 pm

Anelka's the man for me, his goal scoring tally at the moment is great and he isnt playing with the best side really is he. So i can only dream of how he'd play with Livepool. I wouldnt get rid of Kuyt just yet but Voronin and Crouch for sure (for different reasons)
saetiakidLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion