Takeover by dic is off - They've pulled out, say bbc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Well Red » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 pm

according to tbe BBC website:

1558: Big transfer news and we are not talking about a player but a club. Dubai International Capital has pulled out of a propsed takeover bid for Liverpool. Maybe that will stop those Morten Gamst Pedersen rumours dead in their tracks quicker than a hatchet man's tackle on the flying Norwegian.

...they obviously weren't prepared to let Liverpool hear from Gillette and to be honest if that is their attitude, then they can go to hell.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6318091.stm
Last edited by Well Red on Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Well Red wrote:according to tbe BBC website:

1558: Big transfer news and we are not talking about a player but a club. Dubai International Capital has pulled out of a propsed takeover bid for Liverpool. Maybe that will stop those Morten Gamst Pedersen rumours dead in their tracks quicker than a hatchet man's tackle on the flying Norwegian.

...they obviously weren't prepared to let Liverpool hear from Gillette and to be honest if that is their attitude, then they can go to hell.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6318091.stm

And you started a new thred just to say that.

Sorry more than a little pi$$ed off. :angry:
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:06 am

The DIC pulled out.

They couldn't maintain their rigidness for long enough.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:33 am

From RTE:

"The Dubai International Capital investment group have pulled out of a proposed takeover of Liverpool.

The group, owned by the Dubai government, had been examining the club's books with a view to a £156million buy-out.

And their decision to withdraw follows the failure of the Liverpool board to accept the offer on Tuesday night, following a rival bid by American billionaire George Gillett.

Sameer Al Ansari, executive chairman and chief executive officer of DIC, said: 'We are very disappointed to be making this announcement. DIC is a serious investor with considerable resources at its disposal.

'At the same time, we are supporters - of the game and of the club. Liverpool's investment requirements have been well publicised and, after a huge amount of work, we proposed a deal that would provide the club with the funds it needs, both on and off the pitch.

'We were also prepared to offer shareholders a significant premium on the market price of the shares. However, we will not overpay for assets.

'Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans. As businessmen, we move on.

'As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premiership and Europe.

'I am sure I will be back at Anfield with my family soon to support my team, as I have done so in the last 30-plus years. In the meantime, I wish the manager, the players and everyone connected with the club the best of fortune for the challenges ahead and will make sure that I am there the day they lift the Premiership trophy.'

The news prolongs Liverpool's long search for the outside investment they believe they need to compete at the top end of the Premiership and in Europe.

DIC had been their most likely suitor and entered into discussions with the club late last year.

The deal would have valued the club at £450million but the Dubai group have decided to withdraw following the board's decision to allow more time to consider the Gillett bid.

Gillett, owner of the Montreal Canadiens National Hockey League team, has proposed a deal which is thought to offer shareholders more for their holdings."

Seems like the Club has made a real stuff-up of this one.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:47 am

Hey guys, I've been gone for a while but here's my 2 pence.

We :censored: up.  There is no reason we could not have accepted DIC's bid.  Yes Moores stands to make an additional 8 million quid from Gillette's bid, but where does that leave the club? (Yes, I do realize i just contradicted myself)  I would much rather have our great club owned by a company who can finance our endeavors in the league and beyond, DIC seemed to be able to provide that and we blew them off.  The onus is on our board and I they have failed.  My only hope is that DIC is just playing hardball and will eventually come back to the table.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:49 am

My only hope is that DIC is just playing hardball and will eventually come back to the table.

I was thinking/hoping the same thing.
66-1112520797

Postby DZed » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:38 am

I think most of us are.
DZed

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion