News just in.... - Liverpool in takeover bid...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1143112803 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:00 pm

metalhead wrote:Liverpool are anxiously searching for new money ahead of a deadline for the funding of their planned new stadium at Stanley Park.

Liverpool has until mid-April to get the funding together to finance the stadium or face losing financial support from Merseyside's Objective 1 programme.

In addition the club needs funds to buy new players and Mr Moores is thought to be looking for around £100m for his 51.5% stake in the club.

Soccer Analyst

I stand corrected but i think that the 'new investment' as its being touted is actually a private sale of the shares by current investors.
If this is the case then the monies will go into the pockets of those selling their stakes.. so how will we get money for the new stadium or players?
112-1143112803

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 pm

The wjole things too damn confusing if u ask me.
I would sell the naming rights to the new stadia and offer the company willing to buy such rights full advertising inside the stadia for the first couple of years ... that should easily  bring in a lot of money. why cant Moores do dat?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:41 pm

all it is is that if someone offers to buy liverpool, liverpool are asked by law to make it public for the shareholders and stock exchange. At the moment its just something that has happened loads of times but now its more in teh open.

For what its worth we are the biggest club left for a takeover really if you look at it and people are fighting each other to get with us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:38 pm

i heard that there is a few people wanna buy. are these the same people as last year likes of steve morgan thai prime minister. as any one heard of the spainish group that wanna buy the club
who whould u like to buy the club
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Am I the only person who doesn't really want investment in the club? I just have this gut-feeling that someone will come in who knows sod all about football and what Liverpool means and throw large amounts of cash about for a laugh and make us the new Chelsea. Call this a cynical view but I am somewhat worried.
48-1119859832

Postby Paul C » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:25 pm

0asis wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't really want investment in the club? I just have this gut-feeling that someone will come in who knows sod all about football and what Liverpool means and throw large amounts of cash about for a laugh and make us the new Chelsea. Call this a cynical view but I am somewhat worried.

We'll never we 'a Chelsea' cos they have bought success where we already have a history (and future) of success  :;):

I know what you mean though mate cos we don't know anything about who is in negotiations with LFC  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:32 pm

i would like steve morgan cause i have not heard of the other investers
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:07 am

i would like steve morgan cause i have not heard of the other investers

I wish Bill Gates will buy the share, and futhermore he also can improved his Windows Brand in UK.:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:03 am

0asis wrote:Am I the only person who doesn't really want investment in the club? I just have this gut-feeling that someone will come in who knows sod all about football and what Liverpool means and throw large amounts of cash about for a laugh and make us the new Chelsea. Call this a cynical view but I am somewhat worried.

Agree with you 100% but unfortunately, we have to follow suit with what other major teams are doing or get left behind in my opinion.  Its all very well saying what a great history we have and how we have the best board in the world who really understand the game and respect and listen to the fans but that wont win us any silverware. Nor will it allow us to attract the best players or keep home grown talent when the lure of the money beckons louder elsewhere.

Like it or not football is big business these days.  Success on the pitch comes from success off it not the other way around.  A growing percentage of 'fans' are more likely to be outside the country let alone be Liverpool locals and to get and keep their support much of it is down to marketing  and media exposure.  Look at Real and Chelsea of late... Chelsea have just announced a strategic alliance with MLS in the states to capture the yankee dollar while Real have one f.uck all but still manage to earn more revenue than any other team on the planet.

Society today is increasingly following the lead set by media outlets and are quite happy to be told what to think and do.  Sad but true...
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1143112803 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:59 pm

To answer my own question.. i talked to a friend who's a banker and he says that the probable scenario that will please the fans is where the new investor has a controlling stake -over 51%- and pledges to fund(or provide the initiative) the new stadium plus provide a handsome transfer kitty.

Yes,just like chelsea-but we're not likely to get such a rich and enthusiastic buyer.. but i know most fans are sceptical of these 'investment news' in the first place.
My big question is:
If we can win the CL last season and finish in the top three position this season plus be in the semis of the FA cup and still be making profits... why sell??!!

The board should be looking at ways to finance the building of the new stadium.. not selling the cub.

YNWA.
112-1143112803

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:10 pm

Theo,

It would seem that we have to follow suit with other teams. I'm fast losing a connection with football as a whole and I can't see the game being a 'sport' for much longer, it's getting more and more business driven all the time and sadly the only way to challenge with the best is by exploiting fans with media coverage, merchandise etc, whilst stripping the club of its identity and values.

Sadly football is all about money and you have to have money to be successful which totally goes against everything I believe in. A sport should be won n lost on the pitch, not off it just because you don't have a set of players worth £300million, a stadium that holds 70,000 fans and house a shop that sells everything bar the kitchen sink with your clubs badge on it, it truly makes me sick.

I know we need investment but I don't want some clown who owns a multi-billion pound organisation, corporation, business or whatever you want to call it coming in and buying 100% of the club and then giving the club a bottom-less pit of a transfer budget so we can sign Shevchenko for £80million and any other International super-hit that we fancy.

I would like to see someone who comes in and say buys 30% in Liverpool and supplies us with the minimum funds to sign players and the money we need to complete the funding of a new stadium.

That way we don't lose our identity, we don't get branded a brand or a PLC and we everything runs smoothly and we have a secure future with a secure financial status incase we need more funding in the future.

Call me a conservative but I am very cynical about huge changes happening to Liverpool and I share great cynicalism and sceptisism of a mutli-billionnaire comfirming their interest in Liverpool.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:43 am

the plot thickens.....but there are many plots on april fools day!

who knows. interesting read anyway.

God’s investment ‘imminent’

This Is Anfield Team - April 1st, 2006

Investment talks and speculation have dominated the headlines this week, with fans worrying that potential investors from abroad could spoil the club’s heritage or ‘take the club away from the fans’ - but news breaking today will please fans more than they could ever have imagined.

Striker Robbie Fowler, known by fans as ‘God’, is said to be one of the men looking to invest in the club and therefore keep Liverpool FC very much still a family club.

Fowler, one of Europe’s richest footballers and recently named in the Sunday Times’ Rich List with an estimated wealth of over £30m, has invested heavily into the property market since his career began back in the nineties, and has recently had a windfall after teaming up with Liverpool FC shareholder Steve Morgan to create a new company ‘Pirla Construction’.

Fowler and Morgan have the funds - and no doubt the backing from many fans - and are reported to have put together a very significant offer, which will include their new company building the proposed new stadium on Stanley Park.

Morgan has previously failed in takeover bids for the club, but with Robbie on side he feels he will now be able to win over the board and fans and therefore gain control.

Speculation about potential investors have been rife around Merseyside and earlier in the week it was rumoured Fowler, along with former Red and friend Steve McManaman were looking to invest in the club. McManaman, though, decided against the idea to concentrate on his love of horse racing, and after discovering this Morgan contacted Fowler with the proposition, which Robbie said to be “over the moon” about.

Obviously talks are at an early stage, but if the deal does go through you can probably bet Robbie will be getting an extended contract - for life!

???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:55 am

red37 wrote:the plot thickens.....but there are many plots on april fools day!

who knows. interesting read anyway.

God’s investment ‘imminent’

This Is Anfield Team - April 1st, 2006

Investment talks and speculation have dominated the headlines this week, with fans worrying that potential investors from abroad could spoil the club’s heritage or ‘take the club away from the fans’ - but news breaking today will please fans more than they could ever have imagined.

Striker Robbie Fowler, known by fans as ‘God’, is said to be one of the men looking to invest in the club and therefore keep Liverpool FC very much still a family club.

Fowler, one of Europe’s richest footballers and recently named in the Sunday Times’ Rich List with an estimated wealth of over £30m, has invested heavily into the property market since his career began back in the nineties, and has recently had a windfall after teaming up with Liverpool FC shareholder Steve Morgan to create a new company ‘Pirla Construction’.

Fowler and Morgan have the funds - and no doubt the backing from many fans - and are reported to have put together a very significant offer, which will include their new company building the proposed new stadium on Stanley Park.

Morgan has previously failed in takeover bids for the club, but with Robbie on side he feels he will now be able to win over the board and fans and therefore gain control.

Speculation about potential investors have been rife around Merseyside and earlier in the week it was rumoured Fowler, along with former Red and friend Steve McManaman were looking to invest in the club. McManaman, though, decided against the idea to concentrate on his love of horse racing, and after discovering this Morgan contacted Fowler with the proposition, which Robbie said to be “over the moon” about.

Obviously talks are at an early stage, but if the deal does go through you can probably bet Robbie will be getting an extended contract - for life!

???

ANd you p*ss and moan about MY April Fool's jape!!!!!  :D  :p  :rasp

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby inglis5 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:15 am

Seeing as everybody is at it this morning... here is another story about investment. This time with a nice - let's :censored: Man U' twist  :D

From Talkfc

By Eric Kluitenberg for Talklfc.com

It may not be as impressive as the one hundred and twenty million pounds Claudio Ranieri recieved in Roman Abramovic's first summer at Stamford Bridge, but Rafa Benitez is expected to be given fifty million pounds to spend in the summer transfer window according to reports this morning in Spanish daily La Broma.

The deal to take over Liverpool FC is said to be done and dusted and the new owners want Benitez to be able to buy whoever he thinks he needs to challenge Chelsea for the title next year. Liverpool have to be put back on the map with a bang and they do not want to wait a couple of years for the team to develop.

La Broma also lists potential targets Benitez is expected to have on his "summer hitlist" and you will have to get excited at only the prospect of only a few of them coming to Anfield. Usual suspects like Aimar and Fernando Torres are on the list. Michael Owen, Luke Young, Michael Dawson, Wesley Sneijder and Shaun Wright Phillips are also expected to sign with Benitez making the rest up from sales. Ruud van Nistelrooy is also a possible target.

Here's the schocker though...former Manchester United shareholders J.P. McManus and John Magnier are said to be the ones ready to take the helm at Anfield and they have three things on their minds. First, Moores and Parry will have to leave. Second, they want Liverpool to jump well ahead of former club Manchester United to settle some bad blood between them and Malcolm Glazer. Third, they want to challenge Chelsea and loosen their tight grip on the Premiership.

Rafael Benitez was informed about this a few weeks ago which is why he was quick to dismiss reports about him asking for thirty million in order to keep him at the club. Benitez knows Liverpool is the club to be at right now and he has been given carte blanche on how to spend the club's new found wealth.

Like the Rolling Stones said: "You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need"
inglis5

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:42 pm

inglis5 wrote:Here's the schocker though...former Manchester United shareholders J.P. McManus and John Magnier are said to be the ones ready to take the helm at Anfield and they have three things on their minds. First, Moores and Parry will have to leave. Second, they want Liverpool to jump well ahead of former club Manchester United to settle some bad blood between them and Malcolm Glazer. Third, they want to challenge Chelsea and loosen their tight grip on the Premiership.

april fools day  :lookaround
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion