LIVERPOOL VS TOULOUSE - 28/08/2007 – 8.05pm kick off – anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 pm

redtrader74 wrote:Tolouse were not very good, but it was our play that made that happen. Crisp passing, good runs and quick 1-2's showed what we should be doing to teams like Derby, Birmingham, Fulham etc. Did Momo put on SG's boots?! he was hitting some 20-30 yards passes ffs. Riise's passing was poor, and we did get caught out slightly in defence a couple of times.

Crouch's headers showed why he will not be first choice this year, and its disappointing that there has been no improvement since his arrival....work on it. Kuyt too should have had one before he scored. Against better sides we may only get 1-2 chances and we have to take them.

The most impressive aspect for me was the effort being put in, Mashers hunting down of their wide men, the tackles, the tracking back, you could see they were all busting a gut to get picked for the next game.

Red Trader awsome point mate very true.

People can say now that they was a bad team and we should beat them but before alot of people didnt want them in the draw.

I know that we beat them well easy but we only did that because we choked them from the ball and didnt let them play there game i have seen teams like this beat liverpool before if the team doesnt control the game at CL level if you dont play well you can lose simple as that.

The fact that we won by 5 goals over the 2 legs shows just how far we have come and the improvement that our attacking game has made the futures bright the futures RED !
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm

It was the shittest 4 - 0 win I have ever witnessed.

But we won.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Wilhelmsson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 pm

A lot of people have made comments, I would have made, so I won’t bother repeating what has already been said. I won’t comment on individual performances as other members have already said what I would have said with regards to individual players. So I’ll post a few pointers on what I was impressed with and what I wasn’t impressed with.

1) I was impressed with the collective performance of the team, the team performed as a solid unit, in defence, attack and covering each other’s positions and this was pleasing to see. The team has a long way to go and needs to come into sterner tests than Toulouse before I can confirm this observation as fact, but it’s impressive to see the team is working as a coherent force.

2) I was impressed with the work ethic of all of the players, it’s easy to become complacent in a match that a team is dominating but the players stayed focused on the task and made sure the result was beyond all doubt. I hope this ambition can be carried into every match the team plays in the future.

3) I am still worried about the state of finishing, the strikers in particular are fortunate that Toulouse’s defence made life easy for them as the Toulouse defence clearly forgot the basics of defending their goal. Against stronger sides that aren’t going to easily intimidated by our attackers, chances need to be taken and although Crouch and Kuyt scored three goals between them last night, they squandered a lot more.

I ‘m not suggesting that Crouch or Kuyt should have scored five each last night, but they were presented with multiple chances and only took a small percentage of those. If the team was playing a team top class side, it could come to bite Liverpool on the backside.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby MightyLFC » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:04 pm

The was two good goals by Kuyt
MightyLFC

Postby FabounetFTW » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:19 am

Hi Liverpool fans

I'm from Toulouse and I came in Liverpool to watch the game in Anfield this tuesday.
First I wanted to say congratulations to your team, they are waaaaay stronger than us and deserve of course to play the CL, but it was still great to have an opportunity to play against a team recognized in the whole europe. This is the kind of 0-4 you really don't bother "eating" because it's just fair! lol
I also wanted to say thanks to all the fans we saw in Anfield and the nice people we met in the streets or the pubs of the city. That was great hearing you sing "you'll never walk alone" or talking with you about football or about the terrible crime of the young Everton fan. What you did for him was also very nice and I'm proud to have been part of it.
Being with you was great, too bad that was so short, the time spend in Anfield was so much fun. You have a great team, a great public, a great city (happy B-day Liverpool) and great people.
GL in CL, I guess LFC will go far in the competition again and I hope so ;)
We'll try to do a better impression in UEFA cup with hopefully more luck in the draw...
thanks everyone.
FabounetFTW

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:54 am

thats real nice of you FabounetFTW
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Yeah thanks FabounetFTW, your team played us good, we just had an advantage as your team were giving us space. Well Done to your team tho they played a good clean game, hope they do well in the UEFA Cup.

:)
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

Postby maguskwt » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:09 pm

the thing that impresses me most about kuyt is that he's been running for :censored: 90 minutes before he scored those kinda goals which shows full alertness and quickness...

he's gotta unbelievable stamina...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gr8 LFC Fan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:12 pm

I agree :)
You win sum and you lose sum that is what life is all about
Gr8 LFC Fan

Postby FabounetFTW » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:09 pm

We didn't play you well, we just sucked bad and you were good. I still think you're still not at 100% of your capacities tho :p
FabounetFTW

Postby Coiso » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:35 pm

Sorry for putting this here but it's the only place related to Champions League: :p
Tickets prices for Porto vs Liverpool:
http://www.fcporto.pt/Loja/CategoryProducts/CategoryProducts15FCP.asp
Coiso

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion