LIVERPOOL VS TOULOUSE - 28/08/2007 – 8.05pm kick off – anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:25 am

Don't let the scums and chelsh1t supporters tell u that TOULOUSE is a sh11ty team....

This is the team which beat lyon after all (the team which "trailer-park" thrashed real madrid in recent seasons).

The fact is we made TOULOUSE look bad..... Hope we can also make the other 19 teams in the premierleague look bad too....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:35 am

MightyLFC wrote:4-0 Brilliant
Kuyt two goals lets hope he can do that in the premiership
Hyypia header even with a broken nose
Crouch played well and a good strech to get the first goal
Overall Liverpool played very well
:D

I thought we were very good against a poor team, but Crouch wasn't all that that, he scored one and fluffed 4 easy chances.

I f he wants to play more this season he needs to be a lot more prolific and start getting his headers on target, hes about 8' tall ffs
LFC1982

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:38 am

The_Rock wrote:Don't let the scums and chelsh1t supporters tell u that TOULOUSE is a sh11ty team....

This is the team which beat lyon after all (the team which "trailer-park" thrashed real madrid in recent seasons).

The fact is we made TOULOUSE look bad..... Hope we can also make the other 19 teams in the premierleague look bad too....

Mate not being funny but they were :censored:, yes we did make them look worse than they probably are but they would've finishe d7th in france had Nantes fans not invaded the pitch and Toulouse being awarded the 3 pts when the game was 0-0,  We do look good this season and hope we push all the way in all competitions but saying they're a good side is a bit much.

They were Terry Bull
LFC1982

Postby Avi Cohen » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:42 am

Did you see Momo's face when he was hauled off? Not impressed. And in fairness to the lad I would have felt gyped too after putting in, arguably, his best performance in a Liverpool shirt. It was like watching Viera at times last night. Okay, so he had a few passes that went astray - but doesn't everyone?
Team looked solid last night except for Leto who, we have to remember, was a) playing his first game for the club in b) Europe. He'll come good.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:06 am

Overall I was very happy with the game but two players did not impress me and they were Riise and Crouch.
Riise gave the ball away far too much and didn't look switched on and Crouch just sucks, yes he got a goal because he hangs around the 16 yard box all the time letting Kuyt do all the hard work so of course he is going to get lucky with one of the many many opportunities that get handed to him on a plate but overall he is bloody awful, how many headers did he miss last night ffs!!!
No I want to see Crouch sold especially if he has a bad attitude, as he indicated in the post match interview.
Riise I usually like but he seems to be getting worse and worse, maybe he thinks his position is safe but with Arbelola getting better and better he shouldn't be to sure of that.

Overall though very happy with a very professional display, especially happy with Momo, Yossi, Sami and Kuyt. Agger just keeps getting better and better, what a star he'll become and indeed already is.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:37 am

I was slightly apprehensive before the game that we might balls it up but fortunately it was a very good display from all concerned. HOWEVER I'll be surprised if we play a weaker outfit all season, they really were dire across the park. Derby at the weekend should be more difficult than this.

Benayoun was outstanding, played sexier football than I've seen us play for ages, lovely touches and turns. Sissoko was on top form again, Mascherano was great and Kuyt worked like a demon. The rest...mehhhhh. Leto looked pretty average but give the guy a chance, Riise was all over the place, Crouch really should have scored four, Arbeloa looked good, Sami and Agger were all right but had nothing to do.

Still, creatively, it was thrilling to watch at times. With sharper finishing, that football will be good enough to dispose of some very decent teams.

Bring on Derby.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby EddieC » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:49 am

A comfortable win in the end, to be honest we should've taken them apart like this in the first leg, I actually think Toulouse played a bit better last night.

Arbeloa looks a lot more comfortable on the right, in the last couple of games he's been caught drifting into the middle a few times, most notably when he picked up a yellow card at Sunderland when trying to recover. He can do a job on the left, he gets all the basics right but positionally he's not quite spot on like he was last night. An interesting defensive combination at the end with Finnan on the left & Riise in the middle, I don't expect to see us use this in the Prem but I think Rafa was just trying out his options as the game was already won. We looked a little shaky at the back without Carra, I'm glad we haven't got the toughest of opponents coming up whilst he's injured.

The midfield was definitely our strongest area for me. Benayoun seems determined to win a place in the team, and performances like last night are the way to do it, not shooting off his mouth in the press (if indeed he did). Momo looks brimming full of confidence after his goal & he's suddenly learned to pass! A close call between these two for MOM, but for me Benayoun just edges it, he didn't give up on a lost cause all night. The only slight criticism I have is that he needs to get more selfish, a couple of times he tried to play a team mate through when he was in a better position to have a go himself. Mascherano was solid as usual, against weaker opposition having more license to get forward & he seemed quite comfortable with it. I was encouraged by Leto, he made a couple of schoolboy errors which is to be expected, but overall he seems to have the potential to make it in this country.

Up front to be honest we weren't very good. Both Kuyt & Crouch could have had a hattrick with better finishing. The encouraging thing though is they were getting in goalscoring positions, especially Crouch who at the moment can still use lack of games as an excuse for his shooting being a bit off. Kuyt creates a lot for others, but hasn't turned into the goal machine I'd hoped he would this season. With Torres taking over the role of linking midfield & attack I expected Kuyt to start banging them in like he did for Feyenoord. I know it's still early days but I haven't seen any signs that the goals are going to start arriving in abundance, who knows though maybe last nights goals will kick start things for him.

The subs as usual came quite late in the game, I would've preferred to see Babel & Leiva thrown into the mix as soon as the second goal went in. Leiva didn't get too involved in the game but showed some clever passing & wasn't caught out of position when Toulouse attacked on the counter. Babel will become one of the Liverpool greats given time I believe. He's showing a lot of raw talent at the moment without having any real end product as yet, as the season goes on I think he'll get better & better. You can train someone how to use their talent in the right way but the skills are something you either have or you don't, Babel definitely has them. I was quite surprised to see Agger come off ahead of Hyypia, I would've thought it would've made more sense not to risk Sami's broken nose once the game was won, but I suppose who knows when Agger will next get a rest?

All in all a good performance against poor opposition but you can only beat what's in front of you. The fans behaviour was exemplary during the events before the game, just as I knew it would be. I think these events cast a bit of a sombre mood over the night which would explain the Kop being a bit subdued, I'm sure it will be swinging again next game as we celebrate another win.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:19 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:22 pm

LFC1982 wrote:
MightyLFC wrote:4-0 Brilliant
Kuyt two goals lets hope he can do that in the premiership
Hyypia header even with a broken nose
Crouch played well and a good strech to get the first goal
Overall Liverpool played very well
:D

I thought we were very good against a poor team, but Crouch wasn't all that that, he scored one and fluffed 4 easy chances.

I f he wants to play more this season he needs to be a lot more prolific and start getting his headers on target, hes about 8' tall ffs

What I would say of the Crouch goal is decent cross, poor keeping, poor defending and Crouch diverted it in. Good touch but how many defences in the Premiership would let that one in?

It was a good win, not a great Toulouse side that probably didn't have as much fun as their fan suggested they were playing for. That tie was as easy as I thought it would be, I can't believe anyone thought it was tricky (as suggested when the draw was made) If they're representative of CL qualifiers in France then the French League ain't up to much
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:16 pm

What did i tell about kuyt ? .......if he just concentrates in the penalty box..he will score loads of goals. His finishing in the box is best among our strikers....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:52 pm

The_Rock wrote:What did i tell about kuyt ? .......if he just concentrates in the penalty box..he will score loads of goals. His finishing in the box is best among our strikers....

i totally agree. thats why ive been unimpressed  by kuyt. cuz he is always at some other part of the field working his balls off. i really enjoyed seeing him perform last night. im hoping he continues to do that and not get too deep. let the midfielders create the chances for him instead.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby grayghost » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:56 pm

DK needs to look at the way Vorinin  played against sunderland he works hard but still gets in the dangerous areas if Dirk can do that then we will have a dangerous player and not just a work horse.
grayghost

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:23 pm

First game I saw this season, can't be arsed to write a long post.

It was great.
LFC2007

Postby Raoul » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:29 pm

Strange game really, Toulouse obviously came already beaten, and had no desire to do anything much at all.  Bizzare - what did they have to lose by trying to win? Nothing.

I actually thought when I first saw the team sheet that Rafa hadn't shown the oppo and the occasion (CL qualification) enough credit.  Guess they showed me!  Some great play by most of the team, and good to see Benayoun play as well.  I had my doubts about the lad, but he did well.

Oh, and I don't read anything into Finnan going into at LB and Riise CB, instead of Arbeloa as we all expected.  I think Rafa simply felt, the game is in the bag, playing Riise at CB and Finnan at LB gives them real game experience which can only be beneficial to them as players.  I don't think he sees Riise as a back up CB, nor does he have plans to play Finnan at LB - he was simply giving them an opportunity to build their 'game intelligence' by giving them experiences they won't normally get.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:02 pm

stmichael wrote:check out this commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihd7vQZF5NQ

:laugh:

"Because what he sees is mucho good."

:D  :laugh:  :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext