Striking legend - We dont have one

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:54 am

peewee wrote:I want our legend, not someone elses. I want another Rush or Fowler or Dalglish

It would have been Owen, but we know what happened there.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:05 am

LFC #1 wrote:
peewee wrote:I want our legend, not someone elses. I want another Rush or Fowler or Dalglish

It would have been Owen, but we know what happened there.

:veryangry just starting to forget about that free loading lying cheating welsh pleb.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:11 am

Leon, whilst producing some of the most thought provoking posts by anyone on here, at times you do have a tendency to suffer from short term memory loss!! This is not a criticism, just an observation mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby est1900 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:03 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
JBG wrote:Can anyone think of a guy out there, in the 27-30 age category, a world star down on his luck or stagnating in a foreign league that we could snatch for about £10million that could radically change our fortunes? This time last year many of us would have said Morientes, but look what has happened.

The one guy that comes instantly to mind is Del Piero.

funnily enough Del Piero sprung to my mind also. He is actaully playing very well for Juve at the minute, and I can't see him leaving Italy at this stage of his career, especially when he is at one of the best clubs in Europe.

Not many others I can think of, perhaps Totti, but I doubt he'd leave either ,and well, he wouldn't cost close to 10 millin, probably 20.

We were linked with Raul, he's another one you might look at, but again unlikely to leave Madrid.

Between Del Piero first and Totti second...Unfortunately, there is a young Roma football player (which i prefer) and is for free in june, he is only 23 and the name is Antonio Cassano. :p
est1900

Postby james.p » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:21 pm

when we signed cisse and sold owen i thought we were gonna be relegated  then cisse scored 1n h1s f1rst 2 games i fought he was goona be are next owen then he got his brokenbut are midfield is the partthsts holding us together with carra hypia and mayb upson and king so then rafa can splash 20 m on anybody big up the reds :buttrock
james.p

Postby james.p » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:25 pm

when we signed cisse and sold owen i thought we were gonna be relegated  then cisse scored 1n h1s f1rst 2 games i fought he was goona be are next owen then he got his brokenbut are midfield is the partthsts holding us together with carra hypia and mayb upson and king so then rafa can splash 20 m on anybody big up the reds :buttrock
james.p

Postby JohnBull » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:50 pm

JBG wrote:This is the first time in living memory that we've haven't had one forward that was the envy of the rest of the league.

Depends how old you are. I'm just about still living and I remember great sides were the goals were spread throughout the team.
Always been a great believer that the more options the better,
all your eggs in one basket isn't always the best way.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:53 pm

james.p wrote:when we signed cisse and sold owen i thought we were gonna be relegated  then cisse scored 1n h1s f1rst 2 games i fought he was goona be are next owen then he got his brokenbut are midfield is the partthsts holding us together with carra hypia and mayb upson and king so then rafa can splash 20 m on anybody big up the reds :buttrock

Can someone translate this into English for me?  :D
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:17 pm

bigmick wrote:
peewee wrote:you could argu that nando is world class

Not while keeping a straight face you couldn't.

hahahaha
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:35 pm

legend hansen
"Cisse has got great pace and power but no technique. Crouch has got great technique but no pace and power. Morientes has got it all but seems to have completely lost his confidence".

thoughts?
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:53 pm

He's spot on.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:35 pm

Judge wrote:Leon, whilst producing some of the most thought provoking posts by anyone on here, at times you do have a tendency to suffer from short term memory loss!! This is not a criticism, just an observation mate

Explain ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:59 am

hawkmoon269 wrote:
james.p wrote:when we signed cisse and sold owen i thought we were gonna be relegated  then cisse scored 1n h1s f1rst 2 games i fought he was goona be are next owen then he got his brokenbut are midfield is the partthsts holding us together with carra hypia and mayb upson and king so then rafa can splash 20 m on anybody big up the reds :buttrock

Can someone translate this into English for me?  :D

i think he's the dude out of Scrooge (bill murray one), you know the guy with the strange way of talking, him with the glasses on drinking booze coz he got fired, cant remember his name right now  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Judge wrote:Leon, whilst producing some of the most thought provoking posts by anyone on here, at times you do have a tendency to suffer from short term memory loss!! This is not a criticism, just an observation mate

Explain ?

Please.............
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:16 pm

BTW Leon, I'm following the history of Michael Shields and actually can't understand hoy they don't free him. Thanks for the support and not letting this issue gets forgotten.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion