Stevie g exclusive! - In the news of the world!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby daxy1 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:40 pm

at the cardiff match we were out side a couple of hours before the game singin and kickin the balls and this mancky scummy tw@t was drivin up and down advertisin the news of the world on a trailer he was goin up and down and up and down for ages gettin booed and told a few not so choice words i dont know why he stopped drivin past p!ssin everyone off must off bin the four footballs that suddenly hit the car total freak accident ... :oops:   :D

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 65-1149024436 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:27 am

I think McClaren is right, players should leave bringing out an autobiography until their playing days have finished.

I really don't see the point of Gerrards and Rooneys autobiographies.

Also Gerrard selling his story to NOTW is almost as worse as Rooney kissing the Manure badge at GP. The lad should know better, and as someone said earlier he isn't short of money so why sell it to that :censored: rag.

End of the day, keep avoiding those rags, don't line the scums pocket.
65-1149024436

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:53 am

shanks wrote:stevie g was totaly right in every word what was written in that sh+te newspaper in defoe, walcott and evey thing else he said sven was a sh+te england manager if that's what you can call him and every body know's it it took a brave man like stevie too stand up and say it...

It takes a brave man to go into a burning building and put fires out, in my eyes a brave man is not someone who rights a book then sells the writes to a scummy lying paper like Steven has.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:23 pm

shanks wrote:stevie g was totaly right in every word what was written in that sh+te newspaper in defoe, walcott and evey thing else he said sven was a sh+te england manager if that's what you can call him and every body know's it it took a brave man like stevie too stand up and say it...

Brave ?  ???  How brave can it be to publish in a book what we all knew anyway ? The difference was he got paid a LOT of money to say it !

This whole NOTW and book deal stinks !

Its probably the result of an unhealthy obsession that society has with celebrity and it's spread to sport.

I admire Stevie G for what he does for LIVERPOOOL FOOTBAL CLUB but buy his book, wear his aftershave and don his exclusive range of clothing (fututre deals no doubt) , no thnaks , i'll stick to my unhealthy obsession with the CLUB and leave the hero worshipping of players to others !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:48 pm

Dalglish wrote:

Brave ?  ???  How brave can it be to publish in a book what we all knew anyway ? The difference was he got paid a LOT of money to say it !

This whole NOTW and book deal stinks !

Its probably the result of an unhealthy obsession that society has with celebrity and it's spread to sport.

I admire Stevie G for what he does for LIVERPOOOL FOOTBAL CLUB but buy his book, wear his aftershave and don his exclusive range of clothing (fututre deals no doubt) , no thnaks , i'll stick to my unhealthy obsession with the CLUB and leave the hero worshipping of players to others !

Good shout Dalglish! Even Stevie's missus had the good sense to do her "girlie" column in the Mirror!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:08 am

Hi greedo, Thanks for your kind words.

This whole NOTW saga has raised far more issues than simply whether it was right for Stevie G to sell "exclusive" rights to that rag or not.

Some people are naive in the extreme and threads like this show it. Theres a whole plethora of opinion on the matter and thats fine by me as everyone has their thoughts on the subject. However what really gets to me is how people are so blinded by Stevie G's obvious talent that they start to base their opinions NOT on whether something is essentially right or wrong but based on the players contribution to the club as a football player ...........Crazy !

Using the above analogy , Hitler brought financial stability and prosperity to Germany before WW2 so what he did in the war was OK ? ??? Stupid comparison I know but you get my drift ?

Lets be big enough and "Brave enough to tell the difference between whats right and wrong here instead of trying to defend the indefensible !!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:22 am

It's probably too strong an example also but it's like the Gazza syndrome. If your an England hero and a lovable geordie figure of fun to boot it doesn't matter if you knock hell out of your missus, nobody will hear a bad word said about you.

Nobody should be above question. No matter how good a player they may be. And remember all I did at the start of the thread was question the morality of Stevie's decision!!

This hero worship is beyond me, like Dalglish said before me it's the club we support players will forever come and go!!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:24 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again; it should be club policy at Liverpool FC that no member of staff, playing or otherwise, should have any contact under any circumstances whatsoever with the s*n or the notw. I have no time for Gerrard's reasons for selling himself to that rag, I simply don't care what his justifications are, he was wrong to do it. I don't care if he scores 50 goals for us this season and gets FIFA player of the year awarded early at Christmas, he shouldn't have done it. As good as he may be as a footballer I don't like him much as a person and this debacle reinforces my opinion.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:30 am

thegreedo wrote:This hero worship is beyond me, like Dalglish said before me it's the club we support players will forever come and go!!

What essentially keeps me supporting Liverpool FC is not their unrivalleed success or the fact it's my local team but despite all thats happened to us as a club they have always tried to do the right thing........ Whether it be the aftermath of Hillsborough or the handling of players who have brought the club into disrepute LFC have always attempted to do things honourably and with decency.

I have a 2 Year Old son and I don;t want him to grow up guided by the morality of Football players as their notoriously unpredicatable.

PR men have moulded Football players into moral guradians not out of concern for young fans but with a desire to makle money off the back of those same fans and used the fame and ability of the players to do it ......

Thankfuly there are still a few of us who see right through it  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:05 am

Simple as!!
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:40 am

stmichael wrote:owen wrote in the NOTW for years and no one said a word

Well pointed out m8
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby luvliverpool » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:44 am

IMHO Stevie should of sold his exclusive to a "Local Liverpool Paper" and then let them choose who they then sell it on to...that way he is supporting his local community and only giving the exclusive to them.

And I am not a Scouser but beleive thats the way it should work.............footballers earn enough so its not as if they NEED to sell the exclusives but if I had to i'd sell to my local paper at a cheap price (or even fookin give it away) and have them then flog the story on (as another paper cant copy a "local papaers" exclusive as it is classed as copyright)
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby 65-1149024436 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:07 am

I think whatever money Gerrard has made out of this deal, he should give it all to the Hillsborough fund.
65-1149024436

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:21 pm

SOME ONE TELL ME WHY THERE ARE NEWS OF THE WORLD ADVERTS ALL OVER THE OFFICIAL SITE........

ITS A :censored: OUTRAGE THE NEWS OF THE WORLD IS THE SUNDAY SCUM.....

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N153218060819-1603.htm
kopite_1232002

Postby LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:47 am

Stevie Gerrard has been my hero since he pulled on his number 28 shirt and then became 17..but anyways it is a discrace that he writes his interesting life in a fuc*ing rag tht the NOTW is.Just thinking why not write your autobiography once you've retired and captained Liverpool To back to back titles and after his knight-hood(Imagine) but overall Fowler sort of done it at the right time as he thought his career was goin to come to an end..just aswell rafa was around tho ey.
But in my conclusion am sure theres a reason behind why this has happened and think its crucial that people wait before passing judgement.As you will all remember the people who was burning his shirt after he decided to go to chelsea but am sure they are the opposite now,so just remember to find the facts first.

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96[/CODE]Image
THE RAFALUTION HAS BEGUN...........

YNWA-JUSTICE FOR THE 96
LIVERPOOL_FC_YNWA

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion