Stevie g exclusive! - In the news of the world!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 am

"And seeing though his own cousin (as per the article) died at Hillsborough......"

I saw this posted on RAWK, and TBH if his own cousin died at Hillsborough then it probably hurts him at a personal level as much/if not more than many Liverpool fans (myself included).

I still think it's very naive on Stevie's behalf as surely he knows NOTW and it's link to the S*n. As I said in my earlier psot I'm not going to vilify him, he's made a mistake , but I think he genuinely loves this club and he obviously hasn't intentionally aimed to hurt anyone.

An apology may be a possibility?
Last edited by LFC #1 on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:12 pm

babu wrote:
Billy_5_Times wrote:As much as I love Stevie he is a perfect example of the modern player. He strives for money. Anyway he can get more money he will. That's why he has released his own DVD, autobiography and demanded a 100 grand a week of the team he is supposed to love. If I got the chance to play for Liverpool, I would play for nothing. And that's why he has sold his story to the News of the World. They must of offered him the most money.

thankfully you will never get the chance to prove yourself wrong.

F.UCK OFF
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:08 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Dalglish wrote:P.S. I don't have SKY either :D

:laugh:

You must spend an awful lot of time in the boozer .   :D

No I don't actually.

I have a season ticket on the KOP, went to all 19 Away games in the Premiership, every home Champions Lague game , all FA Cup ties and evne the fecking TNS game  :p

So SKY , like The S*n and The NOTW can shove their so media hype up their :censored:  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 am

GOAT wrote:Gerrard might have stuck himself in deep sh.it with this one, all the fans are furious

You wasn't syaing that yesterday  ???

On Page 1 of this thread you agreed with others on here who commented that the reaction was disproportinate and that Mr Murdoch owns 175 Newspapers and SKY so how could we or Stevie G avoid his influnce !

The point is that this isn't about Rupert Murdoch, its about journalists who act like lowlife at the mere smell of an incereased circulation and teh NOTW's obvious connec tion to teh S*N !.

You have misjudged the fans reaction but it is decent of you to admit as much by postiung your "Latest" post on this matter   :eyebrow

P.S. Will you be changing your mind again tomorrow  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Stevie G's not stupid , He sold his story to the biggest newspaper in england thats just facts!! He had a cousin who died in the hillsbrough disaster ... The guy that wrote the article on Hillsbrough probally lost his job at the sun!
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:27 pm

stmichael wrote:owen wrote in the NOTW for years and no one said a word

did owen

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:11 pm

I'm shocked that people are so shocked by this. Footballers will do anything for extra money and extra publicity for their products. It's ashame that Gerrard would go these scummy rags but that's his decision and one he should be ashamed about but he is our skipper and a great player for us, so I'll let it slide.
48-1119859832

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:18 pm

What i don't understand is why players in their early 20's write autobiographies (spelt wrong) about their selves just to earn a bit more money . A millionaire like Gerrard who is on about 100,000 pond a week , the money he makes from this book is'nt going to make any difference to his financial status. All players that do this just dig up the past when their is no need to , whats in the past is dead and buried . If i was Gerrard i would have waited till my dream career was over and then write a book afterwards.
Kopite-Jud

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 pm

Gerrard's smart, he'll write a book now, so he can make a fortunate and as most of the things he'll write about such as Istanbul is still fresh in his mind and he'll jot down every fine detail that he might forget when he's 50 odd. He'll then add to his autobiography in twenty or thirty years time and he'll make another fortune.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:28 pm

hmm at least Gerrard 's not as bad as players who go to chelsea for money .
Kopite-Jud

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:40 pm

It is ridiculous that players who aren't even half way through their careers are now writing their biographies. Rooney launched his biography the other week, he's only 20 for feck's sake; what is his going to contain? the best of his colouring in from his school days? :angry: 
I was in ASDA the other week and spotted Fowlers biography on the stand in paperback and in a little red strip across the top corner it had 'NOW FULLY UPDATED'. Now Fowler has had a colourful career but even he didn't need to release his story just yet. The synic in me just wonders whether or not this'd of been released had Houllier not been sacked not long before the book was released.???
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:46 pm

Rushie, I agree with your general point, but it's a smart move by the players, they'll be paid a small fortunate to release their autobiography. They know that so many of their club fans and football fans will go out and buy their books, so it's a quick way to raise some quick cash.
48-1119859832

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm

0asis wrote:Rushie, I agree with your general point, but it's a smart move by the players, they'll be paid a small fortunate to release their autobiography. They know that so many of their club fans and football fans will go out and buy their books, so it's a quick way to raise some quick cash.

Yeah Oasis I know that the books are released to gain the players as much cash as possible but I would bet the players don't suddenly sit down in front of their PC's one day and think; "I Know, I'll write my Autobiograhy now and make a shed load of cash." It's more likely to be their agent ringing their mobile's and saying "Alright my son, When you get back from training will ya sit down and start writing your biography 'cos I just got off the phone with a publisher whose gonna pay US a shed-load of cash for YOUR story."
TBH the only autobiography of a player that I've ever read has been Fowlers. I just don't really see the attraction of spending my hard earned cash to listen to a professional footballer give the same old story of BOY FROM WORKING-CLASS BACKGROUND DOES GOOD FOR HIMSELF. It's the same old bullshit and it's disappointing that so many people fall for it everytime.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:39 pm

The only Footie Autobiography I have read so far is Maradona's 'El Diego' and that was a crackin little book.

I probably wouldn't of bought Stevies, but after reading that little extract JonnyMac posted I am tempted.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:22 pm

stevie g was totaly right in every word what was written in that sh+te newspaper in defoe, walcott and evey thing else he said sven was a sh+te england manager if that's what you can call him and every body know's it it took a brave man like stevie too stand up and say it...
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion