Scouse fans - Are there any scousers supporting lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:21 am

Billy_5_Times wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
thegreenred wrote:my old dad asked us all on his death bed under no circumstances could we put blue flowers on his coffin he hated everton with a passion, he also told me never ever slag off any reds player or fan i couldnt give a monkeys were our fans come from liverpool, london, ireland, mars i just think we shouldnt get personal with some of the remaks on this and other topics in this forum. as i have said before a healthy debate is good we wont always agree with each other but thats what makes football the beautiful game, lets leave our insults for the mancs and blue noses, i would also like to ask what is a surporter to me a surporter is someone who would travel to pluto if liverpool had a game there not someone shouting the odds from there armchair every week there is a diffrence between a surporter and a fan. oh by the way bob if your reading this you would never deny me of watching the reds and if you get the chance to visit anfield i will be only to plesed to sit next to you cheering the boys on.

Fair play, tgr...

Obviously this 'keep LFC Scouse' stuff gets up my nose and it's made all the worse when it seems to repeatedly crop up on this board every few weeks.  But, I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones.  I'd much rather savour tonight's victory with my fellow Reds than get into senseless p!ssing contests about who's the biggest fan.  :cool:

Bob, I have to agree with thegreenred.

We shouldn't slate each other at every giving chance and should agree to disagree on practically everything.

BTW Bob you'll be happy to hear I was impressed by Luis Garcia tonight. He made some good runs and made space for us. Hopfully he can do that all season.

Fair enough, lad...let's keep it civil.

I did see you rated Garcia highly and you've highlighted an important part of his game: making space.  He does it well.  He also fills space beautifully with his anticipation.  He has an uncanny sense of where deflected, parried, etc balls will land and he gets in good positions as a result.  To be sure there are aspects of his game that cause us all to tear our hair out and, when the team was more threadbare in terms of quality, he, at times, seemed a luxury we couldn't afford.  Now, though, he adds a different dimension to an already multi-dimensional squad.  I think he'll have a big role to play for us this season--mostly from the subs bench, however.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:32 am

When I started this thread my opinion was that only scousers could be true fans but I now know that is wrong. But my argument is the people who go to the math who aren't real fans. For example after we won the Champions League final we got 18 million new fans world wide. They are the ones I object to supporting the side. I don't know how long all you of supported us but I hope it's not just because we won the Champions League in Istanbul.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:04 pm

billy i undersatnd what you are saying mate, i have through the whole thread but im playing devils advocate, but everyone has to start supporting the club at some time and if its on the back of winning the champions league then so be it, some of those people will become great fans and some will be fickle kunts

also if every new fan bought a shirt think of the revenue
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:When I started this thread my opinion was that only scousers could be true fans but I now know that is wrong.

:laugh:  You started this thread less than a week ago and now you've decided you where wrong .

Tell you what son , next time spend a week thinking about what you really think BEFORE you post your random and half baked notions in here .

Muppet  :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Billy_5_Times » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:28 pm

peewee wrote:billy i undersatnd what you are saying mate, i have through the whole thread but im playing devils advocate, but everyone has to start supporting the club at some time and if its on the back of winning the champions league then so be it, some of those people will become great fans and some will be fickle kunts

also if every new fan bought a shirt think of the revenue

I know what you're saying, and understand it but they are not what I would call a supporter. They are what I call glory hunters who will all be supporting Barca now. But will come back supporting us after we win it for a 6th time in Athens  :D  (I hope)
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby jkop » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Billy_5_Times wrote:When I started this thread my opinion was that only scousers could be true fans but I now know that is wrong.

:laugh:  You started this thread less than a week ago and now you've decided you where wrong .

Tell you what son , next time spend a week thinking about what you really think BEFORE you post your random and half baked notions in here .

Muppet  :kungfu:

Me like.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MaccaLFC » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm from Bootle, born and bred, without a season ticket. I would go to every match if I could, which is what me and me dad used to do  in the mid 90s. But now, it seems to be getting beyond a joke to get a ticket. You can't help feeling you should have a ticket before any Scandinavian fella etc, and I know that's probably wrong, but as I said, I can't help thinking it. 10 home games and a couple of away days does me for the season now, because it has to. If I had my way, it'd be 19 & 19. :(
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby the dome » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:50 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:By what I hear at the ground and by the locations of pratically everyone on here, there doesn't seem to be too many scousers supporting Liverpool Football Club anymore. I for one am very proud to be a scouser but I am getting worried that Cockneys, the irish and particually Scandinavians seem to be stopping geniune fans from Liverpool getting to the match.

Your views please and especially the ones who are from Liverpool. Do you agree with me?

:censored: myself mate :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
the dome

Postby the dome » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:54 pm

thegreenred wrote:my old dad asked us all on his death bed under no circumstances could we put blue flowers on his coffin he hated everton with a passion, he also told me never ever slag off any reds player or fan i couldnt give a monkeys were our fans come from liverpool, london, ireland, mars i just think we shouldnt get personal with some of the remaks on this and other topics in this forum. as i have said before a healthy debate is good we wont always agree with each other but thats what makes football the beautiful game, lets leave our insults for the mancs and blue noses, i would also like to ask what is a surporter to me a surporter is someone who would travel to pluto if liverpool had a game there not someone shouting the odds from there armchair every week there is a diffrence between a surporter and a fan. oh by the way bob if your reading this you would never deny me of watching the reds and if you get the chance to visit anfield i will be only to plesed to sit next to you cheering the boys on.

are we bitter? :eyebrow
the dome

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:02 pm

Im 16 years old and from london have never been to the kop but go to liverpool games when they play London clubs away even if it means paying over the odds for a ticket thats how much i love liverpool. Im not from liverpool but still get the same emotions when liverpool win lose or draw as any Scouser where you come from does not determine who you should rightly support but what club you love in your heart

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:31 pm

the dome wrote:
Billy_5_Times wrote:By what I hear at the ground and by the locations of pratically everyone on here, there doesn't seem to be too many scousers supporting Liverpool Football Club anymore. I for one am very proud to be a scouser but I am getting worried that Cockneys, the irish and particually Scandinavians seem to be stopping geniune fans from Liverpool getting to the match.

Your views please and especially the ones who are from Liverpool. Do you agree with me?

:censored: myself mate :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

You're really "stand-out obviously", a fucking tit.  I've read three of your six posts and that's enough for me.  Unfortunately, you've caught me on a good day.

You can trot back off to Bluekipper and masturbate about how you got within a whisker of telling "The Redshite Scum, LAAAAAAAA" that you're two points ahead of 'dem' after the first game of the season. 

Sad, sad bitter bell ends.

Go on, trot out your 'born not manufactured' wank all day until somebody actually listens and pays attention to yous......

I pity the poor people who are born an Evertonian.

And by the way, we actually have soundbites that weren't manufactured. 

Eighteen times?  Five times?  Those who understand need no explanation, those that don't understand, don't matter. 

Is that how your five minute old soundbite goes?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How many UEFA Cups?   Super Cups?  Blahdy-blah Cups?  Even Cups that don't even matter?  Yeah.... we've still won them. 

We've won everything.

What?  What was that you were asking?

We talk about them all the time? 

Do we?

Yer, good isn't it? 

They're called ACHIEVEMENTS

You know, those things that are actually REAL!!!!!

Caryy on living in our shadow, it's what keeps you going after all.
jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:
madred wrote:With all due respect Billy this debate is getting boring now. Speaking as a scouser the people who deserve tickets are the ones who make all the efforts to get them. If they didnt have the club in their heart they wouldnt go.

What a load of :censored:.

A lot of people go to the match because it is a day out not because they love the club. Some people do it just because they can and take up the seat of a genuine fan who finds it hard to afford tickets.

Those posh snobs would easily go and support the blue half if they were doing well and we were struggling to make mid table in Division 3 and don't tell me different because I'm right. That goes for a lot of people who attend matches. If we weren't in the Prem, it would only be people who love the club like myself who would get to the match. and to be perfectly honest I couldn't see many of you lot getting to the match if we were in Divison 1 playing the likes of Plymouth and Stoke.

WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH

:sleep
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:04 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Your views please and especially the ones who are from Liverpool. Do you agree with me?

:censored: myself mate :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:[/quote]
You're really "stand-out obviously", a fucking tit.  I've read three of your six posts and that's enough for me.  Unfortunately, you've caught me on a good day.

You can trot back off to Bluekipper and masturbate about how you got within a whisker of telling "The Redshite Scum, LAAAAAAAA" that you're two points ahead of 'dem' after the first game of the season. 

Sad, sad bitter bell ends.

Go on, trot out your 'born not manufactured' wank all day until somebody actually listens and pays attention to yous......

I pity the poor people who are born an Evertonian.

And by the way, we actually have soundbites that weren't manufactured. 

Eighteen times?  Five times?  Those who understand need no explanation, those that don't understand, don't matter. 

Is that how your five minute old soundbite goes?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

How many UEFA Cups?   Super Cups?  Blahdy-blah Cups?  Even Cups that don't even matter?  Yeah.... we've still won them. 

We've won everything.

What?  What was that you were asking?

We talk about them all the time? 

Do we?

Yer, good isn't it? 

They're called ACHIEVEMENTS

You know, those things that are actually REAL!!!!!

Caryy on living in our shadow, it's what keeps you going after all.[/quote]
:laugh: Post of the day Luv it  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:42 pm

I was born in the Anfield area of Liverpool,and at 6 months old moved to a forest in Bulgaria with a travelling band of highwaymen and thieves.At 2 i was kidnapped by an occult gang of flesh eating zombies who hung me by my feet for 8 hours a day,and whipped me with sticks with fossells tied on the ends,to keep me awake.At 6 i ended up in romania and spent my days floating in a puddle of urine and goats cheese,oh the memories.At 11 i ended up in the worst place yet ...............Stoke on Trent....ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.
AND I REMAIN HERE NOW 27 YEARS LATER.......
I've earned my stripes and no one can question my loyalty to Liverpool fc.....:laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sam shark » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:11 am

Great clubs have fans all over the world who love the club with the passion of a local. I WAS a local (Scouser) until I moved to Sydney 20 years ago and I STILL love Liverpool the same as the day I left.

My 10 year old son has the same passion for the Reds I have yet he is Australian. He worships Stevie G and his dream is to one day captain Liverpool. I hope he makes it because it would be the best day of my life.

I have met a lot of Aussies who share the love for Liverpool that we have. One mate over here is a South African who hurts as bad as anyone I have ever met when we lose. Passion comes from the heart, not from where you were born.

I can understand the frustration of wanting to get a ticket to a big game and missing out. In the 70s and 80s I often queued up for hours at the club to buy a ticket and sometimes missed out.

On the other hand, one day I want to take my Son to a game at Anfield and let him feel the atmosphere that I experienced so many times that so far he has only seen on TV. If only Scousers can go, then where does that leave him?

A final thought - the Saint, Crazy Horse, King Kenny, Shanks (God), etc, etc, etc all share the love for this club yet they aren't Scousers!
sam shark

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion