Some facts from a source

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:46 pm

I know a geezer who in the past (Rafa appointment) has been spot on. Well, at 12 today I've spoke to him and he's mentioned a few points. (oh by the way, he's with the team right now in Austria)

MAY I JUST SAY I AM QUOTING SOMEONE ELSE HERE!!
(just before I get pounced on)

1. There is a handful of players waiting to join LFC. Beni already knows who they are. They have been sourced and some verbal agreements have been made. If we beat GAK tonight by a good margin (ie:guarantee Champ.league footie) they will sign this week. If we have a tight game (ie: 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0 to LFC) then the signings will be postponed for another fortnight. In a nutshell, these players are already lined up but are waiting to see if LFC are playing in Champ.league or not before they commit.

2. Owen going to Real Madrid is a smoke screen. Owen also wants to see if LFC qualify for Champ.league. To play he has to sign. If he plays and we lose he's gonna be pretty p!ssed off. So, he doesn't sign so he doesn't play and:
LFC win = Owen signs for reds
LFC lose = Owen moves on.
DON'T FORGET, HE ONLY HAS TO BE ON THE TEAM SHEET TO BE CUP TIED.

The Madrid thing is rubbish. Yes they are interested but not this season. If he has a good season, scores a bag full and gains another year champ.league footie then next season they'll stick an unrefusable offer in for him and we sell. Hence the reason we only want him to sign a one year extension.

Now how much of this is true depends on what you want to believe but Mr.Source has a good track record and he is in austria with the players as we speak!

Discuss but do not jump on my back and abuse me.

I am the messenger!!!!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:49 pm

Sounds quite sensible when you put it like that
Tonights game has taken on a new level of importance
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:50 pm

real madrid have actually come out and said that they are not interested in owen. apparently, their coach camacho says that defence and midfielders are their priority.

i'm going to throw a question out to everyone in a nutshell.

is michael owen GOOD ENOUGH for real madrid, considering the way they play football?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:51 pm

sounds reasonable, thats exactly what i have been saying about Owen.

how is your source involved with LFC by the way.

thanks for the info btw Lee.
:)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:51 pm

From the information passed on to Lee J, it seems to me that our two qualifier games are going to be the most important matches we've played in 20 years.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:52 pm

do u know who the playrs are we have verbal agreements with??
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:57 pm

Sorry guys but the players involved haven't been disclosed to any of the team so I/he doesn't have names. But it does kinda make sense I suppose. It's hard to believe that the future of our team could hinge on a result tonight - scary!

LFC#1 - 5 minutes you'll have a PM. I can't broadcast the sources position. More than his jobs worth I suppose.

well heres hoping!  :)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:59 pm

fair enuff thanks for info btw.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:06 pm

Sean wrote:From the information passed on to Lee J, it seems to me that our two qualifier games are going to be the most important matches we've played in 20 years.

I agree, seems like qualification will get us the new players we need, and Owen will stay.
If we lose (god forbid) then will we be left with Biscan and Daio starting the whole season and have t o try and sign some players to fill the gaps temporarily, could be a major problem if we don't qualify.
c'mon reds!!!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:14 pm

Sean wrote:From the information passed on to Lee J, it seems to me that our two qualifier games are going to be the most important matches we've played in 20 years.

Yeah , nice to see the fella we've supported all these years sitting on his a*se watching which way the wind blows.
Never mind all the "money" reasons why he shouldn't play how about a touch of the Stevies and show some loyalty and respect for our feelings..
Fk I forgot we're only the fans .  :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:16 pm

woof, like i explained in my thread entitled "who'd be a fan", i think us fans have been through enough without this being dragged up. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:17 pm

yeh i agree woof, if Owen wants to play CL with us so bad, why doesn't he play and make sure we do qualify, ure he won't be able to play CL with another club, but what about the loyal fans who worship the club and our star players like MO.

Just pray we get a good result 2night and go on to win at anfield, if we lose i will be depsondent for a while.

:(
Last edited by LFC #1 on Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:31 pm

Just to correct one of the points Lee made:

In the Champions League rules and regulations it states the following:

"In the course of a season, a player is eligible to play only for one single club in the UEFA club competitions...Exceptionally, if a player fulfils the following conditions, he may play for another club which is also taking part in that season's UEFA club competitions:

a) The player has not been fielded for any UEFA club competition matches by the first club in question. (The fact that his name may have appeared on a match sheet does not mean that he actually played. Only his registration by the referee as having been fielded counts in this respect.)"

If I was Benitez, I'd have him on the bench and then bring him on with a couple of minutes to go, just to reinforce exactly who's in charge.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:32 pm

thanks ivor, intersting that.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:39 pm

radio 5 live just said owen is going to be a sub
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion