Please look at the truth. - Facts are facts.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:08 pm

He is a good buy but now way worth 17Mil. 12Mil at best imo.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dex » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

1st Choice England right back. English players are generally more expensive as are players who have proved their quality in the premier league. Glen Johnson is both, he has been voted in the premier league team of the season by a large number of pundits and is a certainty barring injury to be seen at the 2010 world cup.
Ashley Cole was sold for 5 mill and Gallas more than four years ago, Gallas was probably valued at about 10 at the time and transfer values only go up.
The transfer fees of late are inflated for everyone and compared to some of the prices Real Madrid have paid lately it desn't seem too bad.
I thnk if we could have kept Arbeloa we could have done with spending the money in another area but unless there are more clubs out there that owe us 10 mill like portsmouth we can't afford it.
Dex

Postby Rush Job » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am

When you only get money from selling players you would otherwise keep, and you dont even get all of that your chances of improvement are slim IMO, no matter who the manager is.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:48 am

As I can see, most of time Johnson is prevented  by 'Rafa' to play his natural game most of the time this season (i.e. stay back and don't bomb forward too much). He So it's not Johnson fault if looks average to some of the people on here. Johnson is a fantastic English player and a good buy even though was slightly overpriced (which most of the English players are) when we bought him. .
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion