Luis figo - A (relatively) reputable source

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:13 am

Figo may have been a world class player but i dont think he is anymore,He would be looking for one big pay-off if he was told
that Real didnt want him anymore.

He has no experiance of playing in England ,so he will have to learn.
Plus we have experiance in Hyypia,Haman and Morientes anymore
and Liverpool will start to look like a retirement home.

I remember when England played Holland in that awful bore draw
early on on the year.Do any of you remember that dutch kid who
(dont know name) was the only player worth watching ,played right mid and gave Ashley cole the run around all night. He is exactly what we need, looked a decent player .Played for Feyenord ithink. Rather him than Figo.:)
66-1112520797

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:52 am

If we're looking at portugese wingers then I'd say Christiano Ronaldo (which would never happen) or Ricardo Quaresmo, figo is too old for me and would cost a sh1t load of money in terms of wages, sign on fee etc.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby joependo » Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 pm

Do you know what i know Figo is a good player but he's to old and now real are intrested in ronaldo with exchange of figo.
joependo

Postby Nando » Sun May 01, 2005 1:49 pm

joependo wrote:Do you know what i know Figo is a good player but he's to old and now real are intrested in ronaldo with exchange of figo.

To be honest I never ever rated Luis Figo, from what i saw at euro 2000 he was great and he was meant to be at his peak with Barca, I had skysports when he moved to Real Madrid and was never convinced by him, he is very talented and a good player but I never was convinced by his hype, can he offer us anything? the premiership is far too physical and he doesnt seem to relish getting stuck in, maybe he would be a good signing as it would show the rest of europe we can attract big names and he certainly is a big name and would encourage other big names to join us,
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon May 02, 2005 1:29 am

If there's no fee and he takes a hefty wage cut, he'd definitely be worth having.

Even if he did next to nothing on the field, the shirts he'd sell and the international recognition his name would bring to the Liverpool "brand" would be priceless. And although his star has dimmed, I can't see him doing nothing for us on the field. Even while he's in decline, he's twice the influence on a team than Kewell is.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon May 02, 2005 6:41 pm

Sod Figo, lets get Nedved for a tenner!!!lol!!! We could also sign Shevchencho(?) for a packet of Walkers Lamb and Mint Sensations, Ayala for an M&S voucher, Neimi for a slice of toast and Zidane for the price of a good wig!!!lol!!! Then we could sell/swap Diouf to Bolton for £80m, Cheyrou for Fowler, and any other deal that takes our fancy!!!!! Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon May 02, 2005 6:53 pm

Figo would be a good siging for a season or two. He is skillful, strong, a good crosser of the ball and to use an old fashion term he can "Dribble".. I can see him feeding Morientes well.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 6:55 pm

IMO ,well past his best and never ever had the "bottle " that LFC and the Prem requires .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Indian » Mon May 02, 2005 6:57 pm

It depends, he shouldn't cost anything and he is better than what we currently have on the right (Nunez, & Garcia- who is not really a right winger).  I wouldn't go for a younger prospect as that's what we have tried for years and have miserably failed, unless of course we get Shaun Wright Phillips whose proven (highly unlikely).  Personally i don't think he'd be a bad signing for a year or two.
Red Indian

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 7:01 pm

Yeah, but a quick fix isn't always the best solution . No way could figo handle the stuff the Prem would throw at him . Not disrespecting the guys ability but his nuts  just aren't big enough .        :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby parchpea » Mon May 02, 2005 8:30 pm

Its true Figo is over the brow of the hill, but I would ask if at 32(ish) he is better than what we have on the books right now. If he was Liverpool player now would he be in the team tomorrow? I think he would be. If we cannot finance moves for the best players in the world then we have to look elswhere. Figo is within our range and would walk into our team tomorrow. Im sure he is one that Rafa has an eye on and hes the kind of player that would attract others to Liverpool. I would also think a deal like that would go some way to seeing Gerrard stick around a while longer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 02, 2005 9:48 pm

parchpea wrote:Figo is within our range and would walk into our team tomorrow.

And hobble out the following day .
I firmly believe that he doesn't have the character to deal with week to week games in the prem . Anybody who has watched him over the years will admit that although he's got skill he's also a fu'ckin' whinger , constantly falls down if a defender even gives him a harsh look ,crying to the ref over every decision that goes against him ,always pis'sed off with his team mates when they fail to collect the impossible ball he has sent them .
Figo ? No Fu*king way , a massive step backwards if we sign the likes of him . Christ ,talk about scrapin' the bottom of the barrel .

:veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon May 02, 2005 9:56 pm

My dad was saying that Benitez has said he isn't going to buy Figo as he wanted around £90k a week and LFC didn't want to pay that.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon May 02, 2005 11:36 pm

Figo has gone way past his best and thankfully LFC have dismissed all speculation.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion