So after a few months with roy, was sacking rafa - The right thing to do?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah I heard that earlier too, from the Corriere dello Dawson. :D

Only messing mate.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 pm

Rush Job wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I don't blame the yanks for not giving him money, you might as well just chuck it in the fire..

I guarantee if we went through his buys there were more wrong than right.

If thats the case,most of his buy were :censored: then how on earth did we manage consistant runs in the cl, two finals,league cup final, fa cup win, supercup and the best league season since we won it?
Fk me he must be some tactician.

I think carling cup, fa cup, super euro whatever are a load of krap.

I think benitez had a very good euro record over his term. I just think his league record was terrible. we were out of the race every year by November with just 1 exception (and he then went on that bizarre "fact" rampage and Fergie easily slipped in to take the title)

I think Reina,Torrres, were great buys, Masch okay but  kuyt, babbel, pennant, lucas, johnson, aqua, keane were a waste of 90m pounds.

He was a terrible judge of players. we only have 2 top outfiield players and one of them was here before he took over.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Niall mate, I don't want Rafa back....but I really, really don't want RH in charge any longer...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby tubby » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
Big Niall wrote:I don't blame the yanks for not giving him money, you might as well just chuck it in the fire..

If thats the case,most of his buy were :censored: then how on earth did we manage consistant runs in the cl, two finals,league cup final, fa cup win, supercup and the best league season since we won it?

I think benitez had a very good euro record over his term. I just think his league record was terrible. we were out of the race every year by November with just 1 exception (and he then went on that bizarre "fact" rampage and Fergie easily slipped in to take the title)

I think Reina,Torrres, were great buys, Masch okay but  kuyt, babbel, pennant, lucas, johnson, aqua, keane were a waste of 90m pounds.

He was a terrible judge of players. we only have 2 top outfiield players and one of them was here before he took over.

His Euro record was good? He got to won 1, got to another final and several semi finals. Not to mention we were so good in Europe under him our European coefficient was through the roof. It was higher than even Chelsea.

Your forgetting that he missed out on several players due to lack of funds. Niall you seem to be going in circles making the same invalid points over and over again. Not having a pop at you or anything but what's wrong with you?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
Rush Job wrote:

His Euro record was good? He got to won 1, got to another final and several semi finals. Not to mention we were so good in Europe under him our European coefficient was through the roof. It was higher than even Chelsea.

Your forgetting that he missed out on several players due to lack of funds. Niall you seem to be going in circles making the same invalid points over and over again. Not having a pop at you or anything but what's wrong with you?

well I wouldn't want you to have a pop :p

His league form was terrible, the pathetic rotation system or zonal marking (whichh works as long as attackers don't move) did my head in. I think he was terrible in the transfer market too.

Every season (bar 1) we were out of the league by November, that isn't the LFC I remember.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Kukilon wrote:The whole Alonso ordeal was in my opinion Rafa's only blunder but it wouldn't have been so bad if the owners would have backed him up buying Barry. In my opinion they are on the same level and could we get some money in between it would have been nice. Alonso is extremly overrated but we have sured missed him because we have had :censored: alternatives.

He wanted to move back to spain anyhow and that's probably why Rafa wanted to make a move in advance.

I'm not slagging you off but sometimes I laugh that two people (you and I) see things totally different.

Every time I saw alonso pull the strings for spain (he is the brains) as they won the world cup, I never thought that spain would be better with gareth barry.
Last edited by Big Niall on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:49 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Kukilon wrote:The whole Alonso ordeal was in my opinion Rafa's only blunder but it wouldn't have been so bad if the owners would have backed him up buying Barry. In my opinion they are on the same level

I am shocked. Honestly,, I though benitez was the only person that thought barry was as good (well, he though him better) than Alonso.

do you think the spanish manager is thinking "I wish I had barry in midfield"

Half this forum wanted Alonso out after that season. The interest in barry was probably more because he was english than anything else. We needed more english players in our squad. Thats probably why we were willing to spend so much on Johnson too.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:53 pm

Best manager we have had for a long time though. One of the best in the world. Inter wouldn't have wanted him otherwise. He won against the unbeatable duo in the spanish league twice. His record is bloody excellent.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

Big Niall wrote:
Kukilon wrote:The whole Alonso ordeal was in my opinion Rafa's only blunder but it wouldn't have been so bad if the owners would have backed him up buying Barry. In my opinion they are on the same level and could we get some money in between it would have been nice. Alonso is extremly overrated but we have sured missed him because we have had :censored: alternatives.

He wanted to move back to spain anyhow and that's probably why Rafa wanted to make a move in advance.

I'm not slagging you off but sometimes I laugh that too people (you and I) see things totally different.

Every time I saw alonso pull the strings for spain (he is the brains) as they won the world cup, I never thought that spain would be better with gareth barry.

Just so you know most people in Spain would rather see Cesc playing instead of him.

Kuyt is also a great buy.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 pm

mart wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
Kukilon wrote:The whole Alonso ordeal was in my opinion Rafa's only blunder but it wouldn't have been so bad if the owners would have backed him up buying Barry. In my opinion they are on the same level

I am shocked. Honestly,, I though benitez was the only person that thought barry was as good (well, he though him better) than Alonso.

do you think the spanish manager is thinking "I wish I had barry in midfield"

Half this forum wanted Alonso out after that season. The interest in barry was probably more because he was english than anything else. We needed more english players in our squad. Thats probably why we were willing to spend so much on Johnson too.

why did we need more english players? england are fairly poor.

Inter won the CL without any Italians starting. The double team of 1986 had no english players..

why should we spend 18m on a full back that cannot defend that spends his time flicking his dreadlocks or hairband just because he is english. Steve Nicol? no - he's not english lets get the shhit guy that cannot play instead!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:57 pm

He wanted english player because of the new rulings that UEFA wants to put in place.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am

Kukilon wrote:He wanted english player because of the new rulings that UEFA wants to put in place.

Yes and Gerrard/carra wanted more english players.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:03 am

mart wrote:
Kukilon wrote:He wanted english player because of the new rulings that UEFA wants to put in place.

who gives a fukk what they want?

Carra is past it and SG has just a few years left.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 am

Big Niall wrote:
mart wrote:

who gives a fukk what they want?

Carra is past it and SG has just a few years left.

Good or bad, they have a lot of say in how the club is run.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:10 am

Kukilon wrote:Best manager we have had for a long time though. One of the best in the world. Inter wouldn't have wanted him otherwise. He won against the unbeatable duo in the spanish league twice. His record is bloody excellent.

Inter only get the best?

spot the irony in why roy shouldn't be here
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion