Sissoko - Myth or hope?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:14 am

loan momo to a lower league team?

thats shocking
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby babu » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 am

grayghost wrote:I think aginst man u he was terrible he gave the ball away constantly when we needed possesion. Has to go down to a manager mistake should of played masherino lot better with the ball.

no offense but i think that's b#llocks. That's exactly what the commenntators where saying during the game and i completely disagree.

I thought he was brilliant, he did give the ball away cheaply (something i would like to see him improve), but he more than made up for that by shutting down tons of attacking moves. He was everywhere, chasing everything. If fact he was forcing early passes just by running at the man with the ball.

Momo is by no means the finished product, but he is already good to deserve his place consistently. If he keeps improving the way he has over the last 2 seasons, we are gonna have a hell of a player.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:47 am

babu, i thought momo whas rubbish against the mancs, in fact i mention it eatlier in the thread so I wont go into it again, or i mentioned it in the manure thread saying he should come off at half time
112-1077774096

Postby Espionage » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:03 am

I doubt that Rafa will bench Momo.  I would not mind seeing a 5 man midfield.....
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:18 pm

When Momo does what he does best, he looks like a top class player. That's when he stays tight to opponents, goes into all kinds of physical challenges, wins the ball back and plays a simple pass.

OK, I have to let it out. When Sissoko doesn't keep it simple he frankly becomes a terrible player. His on the ball skills are not good enough for the PL. In possession he reminds me more and more of Traore. The kind of greyhound who can race all over the pitch and tackle, but he can't control a basic pass and you never know where the ball will end up. Countless of times has he misplaced the most basic passes. If he was an old-fashion CB he could always boot it and people would be alright with it, but he's a CM in a club that wants to win the PL and the CL. He offers absolutely zero in attack, which means that he can only be used as a destroyer. We're lacking attacking quality in midfield. It's certainly not Sissoko's fault, but right now the easiest way to improve that attacking quality is to ditch Momo and play... well any midfielder we have. The question we need to ask is if Sissoko's defensive help, the help that he gives to Xabi and Stevie is something we can afford or not.

And before everyone thinks I blame our poor performance today on Sissoko, I'm not. Perhaps I'm more annoyed because of the result than I would have been had we won. That could be. So: Sissoko is not to be blamed for today's result, but he needs to improve and fast.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1174245250 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I pretty much agree with bamaga man on this one. I think the debate about momo will be resolved if not this season but certainly next.

Mascherano will imo resolve the debate, because he's gonna be in the middle of the park alot more than momo, he's far more cultured .

For starters he can control a ball and spot a pass when needed, he is also more than capable of doing the dirty work , anyone who's seen him play at his best i.e the world cup can see that. As much as i love momo ,for his work rate and determination , Mascherano will bring far  much more to the team than momo ever will in my opnion. As a well known ex member of the forum used to say , if momo hasn't learned to control and pass a ball by now ,he never will.

I hope Andrew, that was a referance made to me. I have always respected your views and appreciate comments made like that. :)

How wrong was I about Sissoko? How many people again told me I didn't know what I was talking about only for them to start saying what I said over a year ago?
76-1174245250

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:17 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:How wrong was I about Sissoko? How many people again told me I didn't know what I was talking about only for them to start saying what I said over a year ago?

Stu it's exactly comments like this that make you such an endearing and popular member of this forum.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:14 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Ladeulcateg wrote:How wrong was I about Sissoko? How many people again told me I didn't know what I was talking about only for them to start saying what I said over a year ago?

Stu it's exactly comments like this that make you such an endearing and popular member of this forum.

Scott the points clear mate. I've had it with Carragher, Baros, Ashton, Finnan, FOWLER (7_Kewell :D ,yes thats right... FOWLER!!!!)  Sissoko, I'm starting to get it now with Agger and Kuyt. I am still getting it with Pennant from the clueless that I know absoloutely nothing about the game when the fact is that when I say these things I get accussed of "being harsh", not giving players till they are 27 to learn how to control a ball, the Pires and Henry were :censored: arguement, or any other nonsensical garbage anyone can think of.

Then a year or two down the line the players do as I predict and then I'm back to being clueless when the next Vieira, Zidane, Hansen, Owen or whoever comes through because I've judged them after a few games.

It really is quite amusing the level of stick Carragher and Finnan used to get and I used to get for supporting them and the way Baros was touted as world class and the stick I got for suggesting that was the time to cash in.

Also the good old Fowler debate. Stupidly good player who's criminally underused and scores a hell of a lot of goals given the right service yet the idiots come on and go with the general opinion because they don't have a clue themselves.

We'll see about Sissoko... Just as we did with the others. From day one I said he's a good squad player with some exceptional strengths. From day one I also said he'll never be a class player.
76-1174245250

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Ladeulcateg wrote:Scott the points clear mate. I've had it with Carragher, Baros, Ashton, Finnan, FOWLER (7_Kewell :D ,yes thats right... FOWLER!!!!)  Sissoko, I'm starting to get it now with Agger and Kuyt.

Am just saying the 'i told you so, all the rest of you said the opposite and i was the only one with this opinion' approach to posting doesn't endear you to all and sundry.

Glad you're back on the boards though :)

Ps. what was everyone saying about Finnan?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1174245250 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Ladeulcateg wrote:Scott the points clear mate. I've had it with Carragher, Baros, Ashton, Finnan, FOWLER (7_Kewell :D ,yes thats right... FOWLER!!!!)  Sissoko, I'm starting to get it now with Agger and Kuyt.

Am just saying the 'i told you so, all the rest of you said the opposite and i was the only one with this opinion' approach to posting doesn't endear you to all and sundry.

Glad you're back on the boards though :)

Ps. what was everyone saying about Finnan?

Scott you said it did mate, stop contradicting yourself... :D

People were calling for Finnan's head on a hot plate when Houllier first signed him. Drag the old threads up and have a look.
76-1174245250

Postby whylongball? » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:18 pm

Agree with Sabre that he used to play better before he got injured.
As for breaking up play, yes he does best, against the opponent as well as liverpool build up when he got the ball   :no
He needs to build up that part of his game or a big NO. And why is he prefered over SG in the middle? the best pair got to be SG and Alonso
whylongball?

Postby Redrider » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:35 pm

Sissoko has admitted that his eyesight has never fully recovered from the Benfica injury. It could be that his career is now over in the top flight, although Barca are reported to be sniffing around. But surely his lack of finesse will eventually cool their interest.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:14 pm

Redrider wrote:Sissoko has admitted that his eyesight has never fully recovered from the Benfica injury. It could be that his career is now over in the top flight, although Barca are reported to be sniffing around. But surely his lack of finesse will eventually cool their interest.

Not momos bigest fan but the way he played against them in barca you never know
grayghost

Postby club_Levis » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 pm

Momo is a very useful player for us but is not yet a world class. The sad thing is usually robust players like him lack the skill and are in most cases on the wrong side of the law. He is no Albeda but a useful squad member that we need to keep and maybe thats where LFC problem lies too many squad players!!!
club_Levis

Postby grayghost » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:32 pm

club_Levis wrote:Momo is a very useful player for us but is not yet a world class. The sad thing is usually robust players like him lack the skill and are in most cases on the wrong side of the law. He is no Albeda but a useful squad member that we need to keep and maybe thats where LFC problem lies too many squad players!!!

I agree with you there way to many squad players only about 6 of are squad could even think about geeting in the Mancs or Chelskis team. We need to sell as many as we can now while we have the money to replace them with top quality players.
grayghost

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion