Sissoko - Myth or hope?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:00 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:I would like to see a return to the 4-5-1 to be honest with you. I know it is not exactly the mosty attacking formation but we were very good defensively when we played it and we always managed to nick a goal with Gerrard and co on the pitch.

The problem then lies with the sole striker role , which btw I think Crouch occupies perfectly, so what to do with Kuyt and Bellamy?

A 4-5-1 formation needs a strong, quick and a proven goalscorer as is based on counter attack. Using Crouch in that role is a recipe for disaster. We would loose most games.

crouch just scored 3 goals in 4-1 win over Arsenal
4-5-1 needs good fast wingers which we dont have.
whylongball?

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:09 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Rafa-Dodd wrote:I would like to see a return to the 4-5-1 to be honest with you. I know it is not exactly the mosty attacking formation but we were very good defensively when we played it and we always managed to nick a goal with Gerrard and co on the pitch.

The problem then lies with the sole striker role , which btw I think Crouch occupies perfectly, so what to do with Kuyt and Bellamy?

A 4-5-1 formation needs a strong, quick and a proven goalscorer as is based on counter attack. Using Crouch in that role is a recipe for disaster. We would loose most games.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:18 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
club_Levis wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

a loads of humble pies coming up?  :eyebrow
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion