SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:00 pm

damjan193 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:27 pm wrote:Are people really blaming him for the own goal? It was more Toure's mistakes than Mign's IMO. Bar from the horrible pass he had an OK game yesterday. Needs replacing with someone better though, I agree.

Any keeper who gets beaten at his near post when literally on his near post deserves criticism
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:31 am

Looks shot to bits and it will take an incredible effort from him now to save his Liverpool career.

Not even sure just giving the lad some competition will help at this point but that would be a cheaper option if the club feel
he can turn it around.

Personally feel like we need a fresh start and I would be looking for an experienced keeper and stick him as back up.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:57 am

For the past 2 weeks we have been heavily linked with the Fiorentina keeper Neto, this week the rumors have got more intense with the papers suggesting we will offer him 125k a week to get him

I must confess i have never seen him play, but what i don't understand is why we would go for someone like this instead of a Begovic type who is already blood in to the premier league
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:08 am

Netos contract is up in the summer. Wold be a lot cheaper

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 am

could be too late by then as some other team could come along and nip in there.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:32 am

Has anyone ever seen him throw a long ball? It frustrates me that he doesn't even attempt to get a counter started by doing this.

Moreno and Sterling were running up field every time he got the ball and he just held it before making a clumsy decision. I understand he is playing to Rodgers game plan, but he has to know his limitations. He is poor with the ball at his feet, and his clearance kicking is pretty poor as well.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:05 pm

Rodgers has told the BBC that Mignolet has been dropped 'indefinitely'.....

Liverpool: Simon Mignolet dropped 'indefinitely' - Brendan Rodgers

Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has been dropped "indefinitely", Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed.

The Belgian was replaced by Brad Jones for Sunday's 3-0 defeat against Manchester United, and the Australian will retain his place for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie at Bournemouth.

"I felt I had to change it because we have to find solutions throughout the squad to be better," said Rodgers.

"I said to Simon that it's for an indefinite period."

Rodgers, whose side were eliminated from the Champions League in midweek, was pleased with the performance of former Middlesbrough goalkeeper Jones, 32, in the defeat at Old Trafford despite him conceding three goals.

The Northern Irishman now hopes Mignolet, 26, can recover his best form away from the spotlight.

He said: "Simon's been fine, he's a really good professional. I spoke to him the other day and he accepted it and understood it.

"It can sometimes happen to a keeper where you come out of the firing line and it can help you and allow you time to reflect.

"Brad's a very capable keeper so he was always going to play in the Bournemouth game anyway."

Rodgers took positives from Liverpool's creativity against third-placed United, with the visitors carving out 19 chances to their hosts' 11 and having nine shots on target - all of which were repelled by goalkeeper and man-of-the-match David De Gea.

"The most important thing for me today was we looked like scoring," said Rodgers. "Over the course of the season we haven't been creative enough.

"I didn't think it was a 3-0 game. I thought we were the better team in the first half but we gave away disappointing goals.

"I think it tells you everything that their goalkeeper was man of the match. Our creativity was good today, probably the best all season.

"We know what the solutions are but we have to keep working and hopefully the confidence will return."

Liverpool, who dropped to 10th after Tottenham defeated Swansea in Sunday's late game, host Arsenal at Anfield next weekend before festive fixtures against Burnley (away) and Swansea (home).
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:10 pm

A shame a manager can't be benched and given time to reflect.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:13 pm

RedAnt » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:A shame a manager can't be benched and given time to reflect.

Agreed mate
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:42 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Rodgers has told the BBC that Mignolet has been dropped 'indefinitely'.....

Liverpool: Simon Mignolet dropped 'indefinitely' - Brendan Rodgers

Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has been dropped "indefinitely", Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed.

The Belgian was replaced by Brad Jones for Sunday's 3-0 defeat against Manchester United, and the Australian will retain his place for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie at Bournemouth.

"I felt I had to change it because we have to find solutions throughout the squad to be better," said Rodgers.

"I said to Simon that it's for an indefinite period."

Rodgers, whose side were eliminated from the Champions League in midweek, was pleased with the performance of former Middlesbrough goalkeeper Jones, 32, in the defeat at Old Trafford despite him conceding three goals.

The Northern Irishman now hopes Mignolet, 26, can recover his best form away from the spotlight.

He said: "Simon's been fine, he's a really good professional. I spoke to him the other day and he accepted it and understood it.

"It can sometimes happen to a keeper where you come out of the firing line and it can help you and allow you time to reflect.

"Brad's a very capable keeper so he was always going to play in the Bournemouth game anyway."

Rodgers took positives from Liverpool's creativity against third-placed United, with the visitors carving out 19 chances to their hosts' 11 and having nine shots on target - all of which were repelled by goalkeeper and man-of-the-match David De Gea.

"The most important thing for me today was we looked like scoring," said Rodgers. "Over the course of the season we haven't been creative enough.

"I didn't think it was a 3-0 game. I thought we were the better team in the first half but we gave away disappointing goals.

"I think it tells you everything that their goalkeeper was man of the match. Our creativity was good today, probably the best all season.

"We know what the solutions are but we have to keep working and hopefully the confidence will return."

Liverpool, who dropped to 10th after Tottenham defeated Swansea in Sunday's late game, host Arsenal at Anfield next weekend before festive fixtures against Burnley (away) and Swansea (home).

truly excellent motivational skills there Brendan...tell the nation how you clearly cannot motivate a player man-on-man...
This guy is a muppet, what amazes me is that FSG have not yet taken the standard American approach to under performers and fire him.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I don't think Mingolet was in the worst form of his Liverpool career so it seems a bit odd to drop him now, especially just before traditionally one of our biggest games of the season. This 'indefinitely' thing seems a bit strange as well, wouldn't surprise me if they'd had words tbh, maybe Brendan told him that they are planning on bringing in another keeper in January and Simon wasn't happy about it? Who knows but the timing of it seems odd.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:51 pm wrote:I don't think Mingolet was in the worst form of his Liverpool career so it seems a bit odd to drop him now, especially just before traditionally one of our biggest games of the season. This 'indefinitely' thing seems a bit strange as well, wouldn't surprise me if they'd had words tbh, maybe Brendan told him that they are planning on bringing in another keeper in January and Simon wasn't happy about it? Who knows but the timing of it seems odd.

I actually thought Mignolet was just starting to break into a bit of a purple patch  ,and yet he chooses to drop him now !
Looks like Miggerz is moving in with Sakho and  Borini and is subsequently up for eviction.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Rodgers latest ,subtle hints maybe ?

In every dressing room there have always been been issues, but it is not something I discuss outside of the dressing room. The players are honest but we are not
getting results.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:44 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:Rodgers latest ,subtle hints maybe ?

In every dressing room there have always been been issues, but it is not something I discuss outside of the dressing room. The players are honest but we are not
getting results.

Probably all arguing like f**k with each other
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Would not be surprised to see us go for a new first team keeper in Jan. Whether we get him is a different matter.

Do wonder if we could send Mignolet and cash Stoke's way for Begovic. Would love Cech but don't think Chelsea will sell
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion