SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 am

He's looked a bit better in our last two games. There's still hope. We still need competition though. Would do him the world of good.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:10 am

So because he has had two average games recently and failed to keep clean sheets we now think he is all of a sudden going to become a more than average keeper? ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:22 am

He needs to be replaced as number 1, he is an average keeper at best, every now and again pulls off a save for the cameras that makes him look a world beater but the fact is he is not

We need a better keeper, not sure if Valdes is the answer either, we are linked with Casillas in this mornings papers as well... still think we should brake the bank for Begovic, he is the real deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:40 am

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:10 am wrote:So because he has had two average games recently and failed to keep clean sheets we now think he is all of a sudden going to become a more than average keeper? ???

What are you on about now? Is that what I said? Read it again you idiot. For starters I didn't say "we" anything. Think for yourself. Secondly I merely said I thought he had played better in the last two games. I never predicted or anticipated anything.
RedAnt

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:49 am

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:10 am wrote:So because he has had two average games recently and failed to keep clean sheets we now think he is all of a sudden going to become a more than average keeper? ???

You constantly insult peoples inteligence however it seems you can not read if you read REDANTs post again he actually put the words

HE STILL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Can't believe some people wanted Mannone, one of the few worse than mig no let.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I maintain he only saves so many shots because of how many shots there are against us. A better, more dominant and aggressive 'keeper would organise and inspire our defence. Our defensive woes aren't down to him alone but I'm positive had we Reina or a more experienced, determined character in goal our defence would improve massively.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:12 pm

RedAnt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:I maintain he only saves so many shots because of how many shots there are against us. A better, more dominant and aggressive 'keeper would organise and inspire our defence. Our defensive woes aren't down to him alone but I'm positive had we Reina or a more experienced, determined character in goal our defence would improve massively.

Mingolet was magnificent today and pulled off at least 2 world class saves. He's not the reason why we are playing so poorly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

As I say, he only saves so many because our defence is so poor. He also concedes a lot. A good defence starts with a commanding goalkeeper who inspires and organises the defence. I'm not confident Migs has the mental attributes needed to be our keeper.
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:24 pm

RedAnt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:17 pm wrote:As I say, he only saves so many because our defence is so poor. He also concedes a lot. A good defence starts with a commanding goalkeeper who inspires and organises the defence. I'm not confident Migs has the mental attributes needed to be our keeper.

At the end of last season I would have agreed with you but he has definitely upped his game recently, he looks a lot more composed now and I wouldn't blame him for the way our defence is currently playing, in fact he is bailing them out, without his heroics today we could have had the embaressment of conceding 5 or 6 against the bottom side, he made at least 2 world class full stretch saves today and did well to get off his line and close down 2 one on ones as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:12 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:I maintain he only saves so many shots because of how many shots there are against us. A better, more dominant and aggressive 'keeper would organise and inspire our defence. Our defensive woes aren't down to him alone but I'm positive had we Reina or a more experienced, determined character in goal our defence would improve massively.

Mingolet was magnificent today and pulled off at least 2 world class saves. He's not the reason why we are playing so poorly.

Are you sniffing glue?

He made one excellent stop one decent one and done his best to award qpr the ball every time he got it,  not to mention coming running off his line in the first half which should have cost us, and for their goal off the corner he again could have done much better.

He's absolutely rubbish and is a major reason we concede two a game, from last season to this, he's proven he is nothing more than a bottom half keeper
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:25 pm

He's a good shot stopper, for sure. But it's his lack of box control that worries me.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:28 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:25 pm wrote:He's a good shot stopper, for sure. But it's his lack of box control that worries me.

He is an EXCELLENT shot stopper ,one of the top 3. His box control is weak and feeds directly from a dodgy partnership with insane CB's.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:40 pm

shot stopping is an invented attribute for goalkeepers who dive around for everything. There are hundreds of ways to stop a shot but the brain deads think the camera saves and dives make you good. Personally I much prefere keepers who position themselves properly and don't make a meal of everything. Pro active is far better than reactive
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Patsy Palmer...id like to see him try and catch the ball instead of flappin at it . With the obvious weakness in conceding from set plays he is going to need to be a lot better than this.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion