SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 pm

petr cech is the best option and basically available in january bags of experience forget bergovic not a patch on cech.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:21 pm

ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:petr cech is the best option and basically available in january bags of experience forget bergovic not a patch on cech.

Cech is not better than Asmir in the slightest, Asmir is everything Cech USED to be before the bang on the head. Asmir would also probably cost less aswell as actually moving to a bigger club.

I'd be delighted with Cech, but if you think a keeper with his reputation is going to come to play for us you're deluded.

Stupid post. But well done.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:21 pm wrote:
ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:petr cech is the best option and basically available in january bags of experience forget bergovic not a patch on cech.

Cech is not better than Asmir in the slightest, Asmir is everything Cech USED to be before the bang on the head. Asmir would also probably cost less aswell as actually moving to a bigger club.

I'd be delighted with Cech, but if you think a keeper with his reputation is going to come to play for us you're deluded.

Stupid post. But well done.

your obsession of begovic is stupid not my post. think we should all chip in and buy you a begovic poster for your bedroom as that may cheer you up abit. And explain why cech wouldnt come here umake it sound like were a bottom 3 club like stoke where your hero comes from.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm

must admit I can't see Mourinho helping us out by selling (or loaning) us Cech myself, he's probably revelling in our misfortune and loving every minute of it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm wrote:must admit I can't see Mourinho helping us out by selling (or loaning) us Cech myself, he's probably revelling in our misfortune and loving every minute of it.

dou really think maureen can stop cech after dropping him dont think so.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 pm

ballotelliman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:39 pm wrote:must admit I can't see Mourinho helping us out by selling (or loaning) us Cech myself, he's probably revelling in our misfortune and loving every minute of it.

dou really think maureen can stop cech after dropping him dont think so.

Of course he can, clubs hold players to their contracts all the time, we did it with Suarez.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:10 am

forget cech this is brendan remember. i remember when he went for mignolet i thought thats a strange one didnt see that coming now rumours saying he wants john ruddy lol
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby SkippyRed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:11 am

Most of the rumours that are being thrown around though, how many come true? In October we apparently had a done deal for Higuain and now we hear nothing about it.
I can't see BR going for Ruddy, I can't see him going for another keepr at all to behonest.

I think he will either get Neto on a free or we will get a keeper in the summer.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Really do get the feeling Mignolet's days are numbered. The fact he is nowhere near the top goalies in the league and is still no 1 at a club like us is coming under scrutiny. I would have looked at Vorm as a cheap option in the summer and actually think he would have been our number one by now.
Doeboy

Postby SkippyRed » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:47 am

According to James Pearce, we looked at Vorm but the committee didn't want him. There were plenty of keepers we could have got in the summer.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:57 pm

No need for speculations, the reason why we signed Mignolet is obvious. BR and his team though that Reina wasn't good enough shot stopper so when we scouted new keepers they wanted one with good reflexes and agility as a prime attributes.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm

A lot of fellow fan's I know absolutely loved Reina and I felt went a bit overboard when rating his ability. I never really did  to be honest as I thought he was a bit iffy with some parts of his game but the there is a clear gulf in ability between him and Mignolet and ultimately we have downgraded
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Found this particular statistic very interesting (makes we wonder if the others get the same grief our keeper does)

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:10 pm

Not the best keeper, never will be. But the criticism he gets is way over the top. It's not a coincidence that he looks better now that we have a better defense. In fact, it's not a coincidence that the defense itself looks better now that we have a midfield that actually does it's defensive job.

Having said all that, I do think that we should and could find someone better than him, however the goalie position is definitely not a top priority.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:16 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:16 pm wrote:Found this particular statistic very interesting (makes we wonder if the others get the same grief our keeper does)

'Tis an interesting stat - but we've also conceded more goals than Chelsea, utd and city, so stats only tell part of the story. And whilst he may have kept as many clean sheets as De Gea, he's been at fault for more goals and made more unforced errors as well.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion