SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:44 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:Rodgers latest ,subtle hints maybe ?

In every dressing room there have always been been issues, but it is not something I discuss outside of the dressing room. The players are honest but we are not
getting results.

Probably all arguing like f**k with each other

Returning to Mignolet mate ,Rodgers says he informed Simon after the Basel game that he would be dropping him,is it just me who thought Mignolet kept us in that
game with some good keeping ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:44 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:Rodgers latest ,subtle hints maybe ?

In every dressing room there have always been been issues, but it is not something I discuss outside of the dressing room. The players are honest but we are not
getting results.

Probably all arguing like f**k with each other

Returning to Mignolet mate ,Rodgers says he informed Simon after the Basel game that he would be dropping him,is it just me who thought Mignolet kept us in that
game with some good keeping ?

As I have said for a while mate I don't think Mingolet has been playing that bad recently, yeah he has made one or two mistakes but he's been no where as jittery as he was at the tail end of last season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:30 pm wrote:
As I have said for a while mate I don't think Mingolet has been playing that bad recently, yeah he has made one or two mistakes but he's been no where as jittery as he was at the tail end of last season.

Agreed ,which makes the managers judgement seem even more clouded by media perception.... I don't think f*cking Grobbelaar done the lad any favours ,what
happened to the goalkeepers union.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:38 pm wrote:

Agreed ,which makes the managers judgement seem even more clouded by media perception.... I don't think f*cking Grobbelaar done the lad any favours ,what

Rodgers probably felt under pressure to do something, Mingolet was getting stick from not just ex players but a large percentage of our fan base as well, people were glibly saying he's playing shyte even when he wasn't. I think Mingolet would have saved their first myself, obviously the second was a joke and Jones was left high and dry by Lovren for their third but I think he would have got to Rooney's shot.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:45 pm wrote:

Rodgers probably felt under pressure to do something, Mingolet was getting stick from not just ex players but a large percentage of our fan base as well, people were glibly saying he's playing shyte even when he wasn't. I think Mingolet would have saved their first myself, obviously the second was a joke and Jones was left high and dry by Lovren for their third but I think he would have got to Rooney's shot.

First and foremost Mignolet is a damn good shot stopper 'and as it ended up United's corner count was limited in comparison to our own ,so he would have
likely been unperturbed by crosses.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:51 pm

Should have signed Begovic instead of this clown from the start. Been on about him for absolutely ages! He's quality. This hole situation would have been avoided had we just got it right in the first place. Mind you, Begovic will probably struggle behind this back four at the minute. Skrtel, Johnson and Moreno have to f*ck off back to where they come from.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:04 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:51 pm wrote:Should have signed Begovic instead of this clown from the start. Been on about him for absolutely ages! He's quality. This hole situation would have been avoided had we just got it right in the first place. Mind you, Begovic will probably struggle behind this back four at the minute. Skrtel, Johnson and Moreno have to f*ck off back to where they come from.

The worst two defenders currently at the club are your two mates Lovren and Enrique.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 am

BR is a joke. This "indefinate" thing is odd. How can he go back in it now without seeming even more of a fool? So now our wonderful manager has left us with just Brad Jones as our goalkeeping option. Is Ward anywhere near ready?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:39 am

RedAnt » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 am wrote:BR is a joke. This "indefinate" thing is odd. How can he go back in it now without seeming even more of a fool? So now our wonderful manager has left us with just Brad Jones as our goalkeeping option. Is Ward anywhere near ready?

The manager has lost the plot big time, wouldn't suprise me if he starts the Arsenal match after "rediscovering his form in training". I mean, I'm not Mig no let fan, I think he's a bottom six premiership keeper at best but he's still better than Jones, so to come out with a comment like that in the press is shocking, he's effectively slammed the door shut on his own player and must have decreased his transfer value by at least £3,000,000.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:25 am

Mignolet is one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but his positioning, and the ball at his feet let him down. As a keeper myself, if you lose faith in your defense, you lose faith in yourself and your judgment as you over analyze the game.

If our defense actually turned up, I have no doubt the dumb mistakes would creep out of his game. His distribution looks like it doesn't get worked on either, something that our keeping coach should be all over.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 am

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:25 am wrote:Mignolet is one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but his positioning, and the ball at his feet let him down. As a keeper myself, if you lose faith in your defense, you lose faith in yourself and your judgment as you over analyze the game.

If our defense actually turned up, I have no doubt the dumb mistakes would creep out of his game. His distribution looks like it doesn't get worked on either, something that our keeping coach should be all over.

Shot stopping is clearly something he's ***** at as he got beat 50 times last season.

He has good reflexes, agility reactions that is all. His handling is okish and his general distribution isn't as bad as made out. He's also fairly decent off his line.

However his general footwork and kickig isn't great, his poistiioning and anticipation are very inept and his command of his box and communication are at times amateurish. He also doesn't make match winning saves, IE you'd have never got a performance from him like De Gea gave yesterday, or you're never winning 1-0 and need a the keeper to make a last minute dramatic stop,  he's not that type of goalkeeper to make that save...

For example. when Ba scored last season after Gerrard's slip you knew it was a goal, rather than having hope the keeper would save it, what was even worse is the ball went through him not into the corner.... which kind of proven his level really. (PS Thats only an example, I don't blame him for conceding that particular goal).
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:24 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:
SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:25 am wrote:Mignolet is one of the best shot stoppers in the league, but his positioning, and the ball at his feet let him down. As a keeper myself, if you lose faith in your defense, you lose faith in yourself and your judgment as you over analyze the game.

Shot stopping is clearly something he's ***** at as he got beat 50 times last season.

He has good reflexes, agility reactions that is all.

Harsh to judge the 50 times he got beaten, not all of them were savable. By his shot stopping is what I meant when you said his reflexes, agility ect, but in the exact fixture last season (United away) he had a very good performance. He kept Rooney out from the top Right corner that could have made it 1-1.

The term shot stopping, is what we use at our keeper training to describe the reflexes and what not, I should have elaborated more.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 pm wrote:

So just saying Rodgers has given into pressure? Is that not another stick you can beat him with?

I'm just curious how you think he can be the right man for the job still given all the evidence.

Personally I think his comments (more so than dropping Mignolet for a few games) have been a disgrace and shown him out to be coward.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 am

SkippyRed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:24 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 pm wrote:

He has good reflexes, agility reactions that is all.

Harsh to judge the 50 times he got beaten, not all of them were savable. By his shot stopping is what I meant when you said his reflexes, agility ect, but in the exact fixture last season (United away) he had a very good performance. He kept Rooney out from the top Right corner that could have made it 1-1.

The term shot stopping, is what we use at our keeper training to describe the reflexes and what not, I should have elaborated more.

I understand what shot stopping is skippy, but there is more than one way to stop a shot. Reina would take two steps left or right and catch it or parry it... or he'd be in the right position in the first place. I remember in a Chelsea game once, Lampard smashed one towards the top corner Reina took two steps and parried it, then caught it without making a big McDonalds meal out of it and I turned to my mate in a look of disbelief... he said "I can't believe he's just read that shot like that".... he then throws it out and started a counter.

Mignolet throws himself at every single shot whether its right at him or it isn't and at times a simple catch and roll out is required. For me that doesn't make him a good shot stopper, it makes him a clown. He also never takes responsibility for sometimes just putting your foot through it... he should recognise situations infront of him but doesn't, sometimes you can't always stick to instructions (something both Toure and Carragher realised).
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:50 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:51 pm wrote:Should have signed Begovic instead of this clown from the start. Been on about him for absolutely ages! He's quality. This hole situation would have been avoided had we just got it right in the first place. Mind you, Begovic will probably struggle behind this back four at the minute. Skrtel, Johnson and Moreno have to f*ck off back to where they come from.

Stu lovren is absolutely woeful mate. He has been stinking the place out since he came here.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion