Sick - And tired

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:16 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck them.

They'll never change - too arrogant and set in their ways.

No :censored: you, I have never heard anything constructive from you ever, just blind devotion and insults to other people.

I am sick to death at the amount of abuse hurled at people who just want to improve the team and actually come with constructive criticism, if we followed your example we would all still be singing Rafa's praises and getting behind the team as if nothing is wrong even if we slip down into the vauxhall conference!

Instead of attacking other people and sheepishly following all the other "guru" members why don't you try having an original idea for once in your life and stop believing in little pixies who magically make things right, it takes hard work and the ability to make tough descisions to turn things around.
heimdall

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:20 pm

as if nothing is wrong even if we slip down into the vauxhall conference!

Is that right? So we're suddely in relegation zone battling for our lives because the Spaniard can't get things right?

Am I reading this right? We're third, above the team that beaten us twice and all of a sudden the world is coming to an end.

I'm not saying lick the manager's :censored: but have some f#cking perspective.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:37 pm

A.B. wrote:

Is that right? So we're suddely in relegation zone battling for our lives because the Spaniard can't get things right?

Am I reading this right? We're third, above the team that beaten us twice and all of a sudden the world is coming to an end.

we'r not in the relegation zone but guess what... that team that beat us twice... the one we are "above" in the league...
theyr better than us... live with that !
we\r not as good as you make us out to be... we have too many problems that need to be challenged.. too many areas we need to improve... we'r the fans of this club.. id hate it if a manutd fan criticises our players but coming from a fellow liverpool fan... u know theres something wrong !

"all of a sudden the world is coming to an end"  :no  spare us the bullsht wont ya !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:03 pm

aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

we'r not in the relegation zone but guess what... that team that beat us twice... the one we are "above" in the league...
we\r not as good as you make us out to be... we have too many problems that need to be challenged.. too many areas we need to improve... we'r the fans of this club.. id hate it if a manutd fan criticises our players but coming from a fellow liverpool fan... u know theres something wrong !

"all of a sudden the world is coming to an end"  :no  spare us the bullsht wont ya !

All some of us want and i think we should be entitled to expect is when we are playing Arsenal in the FA cup (which we are defending champions in) we treat the competition with a bit of respect and play our best players that aren't injured. Its not alot really. And when we don't get that and we lose then we should say something and ask questions.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:58 pm

Good shout Barry Belfast!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:36 pm

:laugh:  its like the last days of the third reich in here sometimes.

we lost a game to a side who are a better footballing side than we are at the moment. the other three of the top four teams are currently better than we are at the moment and that is why we more often than not lose to them these days. there are lots of things we could have done better in this game and others and there are obviously some things that the players and the manager got wrong or did wrong. that's obvious - if everyone had done everything right we may have won.

everyone who is acting like the spanish f.ucking inquisition and having a go at those who raise questions need to take a deep breath and try and look at the situation a little more objectively. do you really think that we are world beaters that get a little unlucky or are there actually areas of our game, tactics, team selection and application that could use a little work?

we'll be in the champions league spots no worries and we'll probably go on to torment and beat most of the rest of the teams this season but there is a lot of work to do. and as far as i'm concerned benitez and the vast majority of the squad are the right people to do it - they all need to improve though if we're to get back to where we belong.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:39 pm

everyone who is acting like the spanish f.ucking inquisition

This is completely wrong, mate.

You should know that NEEEOOOBODY EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition, and those threads slashing our players and team are expected and predictable. :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:43 pm

Sabre wrote:You should know that NEEEOOOBODY EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition

Someone fetch the comfy chair!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:44 pm

Sabre wrote:
everyone who is acting like the spanish f.ucking inquisition

This is completely wrong, mate.

You should know that NEEEOOOBODY EXPECTS the Spanish Inquisition, and those threads slashing our players and team are expected and predictable. :)

:D  the only true and acceptable spanish inquisition on the forum, sbare amigo.

slashing the players is going too far and only adds the the atmosphere of hysteria on here - but asking questions and voicing discontent are absolutely necessary.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:10 am

aCe' wrote:
A.B. wrote:

For the love of Fowler, please stop posting in lower cased letters. It's very difficult to read your posts. Try to make the more organized.

1. The fact that we've above a team who have beaten us in the league away from home says something doesn't it? They are the same team that we finished above by more than a dozen points last season. Last season they beat us at Highburry and we beat them at Anfield. They've already beaten us at the Emirates but we have to play them at Anfield in the league.

2. Them beating us in a cup competition doesn't make them a better team than us. We've beaten Chelsea,Juventus and Milan but that doesn't mean that we are better than them quality wise. Arsenal play better football than we do but we have to play them two more times [both at Anfield]. Come back at the end of the season and ask me the question regarding who is better and I will answer that question. Last season we were the better side and as I said we're above them in the table at the moment.

3. I'm not making us to be great because we're not, we're far from a title challenging side. But we aren't as bad as you make it out along with the rest of the gloom and doom merchants. You don't see me talking about catching Chelsea or Utd, nor talking about us not finishing in the top four period.

However we aren't as bad as you claim. Yes, we need to stop making school boy errors defensively in crucial moments of the game. Yes we need a bit more quality on the flanks and from our fullbacks. Yes we need to be more clinical in front of goal. DESPITE of that we have gained a significant amount of points in our last 10 games. In fact we have one of the best forms in the league at the moment. We've also kept more clean sheets than any other side. We have the 3rd best defense [only 1 and 2 goals behind Chelsea and Utd respectively] despite our defending not being up to par to what it was last season.

So before you try to have a go at me, check your facts. Have a bit perspective.

There are areas we need to improve but we aren't exactly TERRIBLE or POOR the way people make it out after we lose.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby heimdall » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:54 am

I don't think we are terrible and I'm not saying we are going to drop down into the vauxhall conference any time soon. I was just trying to ridicule this blind devotion and refusal to ever criticise attitude that some senior members on this forum have. If you don't face your problems and fix them then how can you ever improve.
IMO the only way we can improve is for Rafa to stop :censored: about, give the boys a kick up the :censored: and get some serious wonga from DIC to buy 3 or 4 top class players, that is all we need to win the league, which we will do within the next 2 seasons, hey how is that for optimism  :D
heimdall

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:16 am

Crikey, we got beaten by the better side ON THE DAY!. Arsenal DO have some qualities that we lack; but at the same they do NOT have a lot of the things that we excel at.. We could play this game again tomorrow and the score would be completely different..  Arsenal employed pretty negative tactics and the scoreline flattered them, mainly because we had no depth or movement up front, it simply did not work out for us - another day with the same players it might have.

As squads I think we are fairly evenly matched across the defence and midfield - they have a world class forward - we do not.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:35 am

A.B. wrote:However we aren't as bad as you claim. Yes, we need to stop making school boy errors defensively in crucial moments of the game. Yes we need a bit more quality on the flanks and from our fullbacks. Yes we need to be more clinical in front of goal. DESPITE of that we have gained a significant amount of points in our last 10 games. In fact we have one of the best forms in the league at the moment. We've also kept more clean sheets than any other side. We have the 3rd best defense [only 1 and 2 goals behind Chelsea and Utd respectively] despite our defending not being up to par to what it was last season.

So before you try to have a go at me, check your facts. Have a bit perspective.

There are areas we need to improve but we aren't exactly TERRIBLE or POOR the way people make it out after we lose.

Well said, mate.  Some people are making out like we were played off the park yesterday.  We weren't.  We beat ourselves by conceding soft goals and therefore allowing Arsenal to park numbers behind the ball and defend...something they aren't half bad at. 

We're not yet at the required level to win (or indeed truly challenge for) the title but we're not as far off the pace as some suggest.  I see very little blind optimism on here...just a lot of us who feel we're a work in progress but nonetheless a decent outfit that is moving in the right direction, even if we have the odd setback against a quality side like Arsenal.  Those suggesting we are "three years" behind the likes of Arsenal or who think we'd do better without Rafa are allowing a lack of patience to seriously cloud their judgment.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:30 am

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:F*ck them.

They'll never change - too arrogant and set in their ways.

No :censored: you, I have never heard anything constructive from you ever, just blind devotion and insults to other people.

I am sick to death at the amount of abuse hurled at people who just want to improve the team and actually come with constructive criticism, if we followed your example we would all still be singing Rafa's praises and getting behind the team as if nothing is wrong even if we slip down into the vauxhall conference!

Instead of attacking other people and sheepishly following all the other "guru" members why don't you try having an original idea for once in your life and stop believing in little pixies who magically make things right, it takes hard work and the ability to make tough descisions to turn things around.

Touchy aren't we?

Who the f*ck rattled your cage, c*ntyb*llock?

Never had an original idea? You must not read many posts, is all I can say.

"Blind devotion"? Such as my "blind devotion" to Riise, when I say quite regularly that he is a p*ss-poor leftback, and needs replacing? How about my devotion to Crouch - who I pointed out mis-times his jump when heading?

You talk cr*p pal.

Anyone who thinks Rafa will take us anywhere but up is on drugs.

But I bet you still want Martin O'Neill here, don't you?

Gimp.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:09 am

Now we are out, and happily so are Everton, I don't care who wins the EON Cup, as long as Manchester United and Chelsea don't.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion