Sick of arsenal

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:04 pm

Why is it every player we get linked with Arsenal are also chasing the player, I'm just glad Rafa suprises people with his transfers, I'm not being bias but I don't see how anyone would join Arsenal over 'the european champions', well apart from money  :no
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:13 pm

??? Why whats happened? I am more jealous of arsenals football than Liverpools TBH, they play the best football in the prem, go 49 games unbeaten. They are the most attractive team to watch in the prem when they are on fire, which makes me very jealous, but I dont hate them.
Ok it was rummoured Wenger wanted Reina but Reina likes rafa,plus it was only a rumour  and if your on about SWP well its only natural that his dad an ex gooner would want him to play for them.
So I dont really know what your talkin about Paul?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:35 pm

It just seems every article linking us with players always read something like this 'Liverpool are interested in the 23 year-old attacking midfielder and are believed to have made an approach but face stiff competition from Arsenal who are also tracking the player' :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:43 pm

Simple, Wenger is probably aware that Rafa has an eye for a premiership winning team, so they will try to interrupt it because they are :censored:.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:48 pm

mikopool wrote:Simple, Wenger is probably aware that Rafa has an eye for a premiership winning team, so they will try to interrupt it because they are :censored:.

No I disagree mate, as much as I dont like Wenger he is a great manager, he has a fantastic team, I would luv Viera, Henry, Pires and an ageing Bergkamp at Liverpool thats just total bollox what your saying.
Wenger will now be aware that Rafa is a great manager he's only been with us a year, and I think Wengers closest rival is fergie and you wont get Rafa playing mind games as much as these managers want it.
Rafa will build a winning team with the right mentality it wont be built on other managers wishes, it will be built on the correct players for the job entailed.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:55 pm

I tend to agree with Ciggy....I mean Arsenal are arrogant but then that belief is what made them go a season unbeaten, and again I agree that on their day they do play delicious football so it is understandable that they are going to attract players. And it isn't just Arsenal tracking the same players as we do. God how many times do the top players in Europe get linked to us and Real Madrid and Arsenal and Chelsea and Manure...it is just the way it is in football now.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:08 am

Wenger is the best manager in the transfer market by a long, long way.  If we're linked with the same players as him then thats good IMO!!

In all seriousness though, its all just paper talk.  Everyone's being linked with everyone and most of it's bollox
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:10 am

I am curious as to when this major clear out is going to happen. Then this battling with Wenger might actually mean something.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:11 am

Don't get me wrong Arsenal are a great team but LFC have just won the CL and we are building something special at Anfield :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:17 am

I don't think we need much of a clear out to be honest.

We've got rid of a few already in Smicer, Vignal and Diouf, Igor won't be kept on and the likes of Cheyrou and Diao won't be back.

Unless Baros goes and Kirkland goes out on loan I can't see anyone else from the first team squad leaving.

Rafa's no mug, he'll have a few transfers pretty much done already behind closed doors.  I have a feeling that Reina and Kuyt will be confirmed very soon.  have to say I'm not really worried by the lack of activity on the transfer front . . . yet!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:35 am

Paul C wrote:Don't get me wrong Arsenal are a great team but LFC have just won the CL and we are building something special at Anfield :)

Doesnt mean a thing in some players eyes Paul, with the money Chelsea have to offer now, some of our fans think oh hang on a minute weve just won the European Cup so there fore every top dog in europe will want to sign for us, well they wont. 

For one we cannot afford 3 or 4, 15-20-30 million pound players with that price tag on there heads.

Secondly we played really bad in the prem 30 odd points 5th in the league the bitters finished above us  :down:

Thirdly, We have just got our name back after 21 year everyone knows we are a great club, a great cup winning side, but we havent won the league for 16 years, infact we have never won the premiership.
Even us Liverpool fans have to take the rose coloured specticles off every now and again.
To see major improvements we have to be beating the mancs, the gunners, and Chelsea on a regular basis, not a one off win against arsenal when mellor scored, ffs Arsenal wiped the floor with us the first half at highbury last away game end of season.
We have to take the game to them, we are not afraid play our own game.
But we have failed to do this for ages now, and we have fallen to far behind.
But we have a fantastic manager he's young and given time he will get it right.
Some new players a right mixture in the next 2-3 years I expect us to be competeing with them.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:43 am

... the likes of Wenger paved the way for top European coaches/managers to come here.. I agree with Lynds.. Arsenal are awesome.. and Wenger is a great manager..
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:21 am

Yes, Arsenal are imo playing the pass and move football that rafa wants to instill in our own team. They play the most entertaining football probably in the world except for brazil naturally. The only thing i dont like about them is to some of their players have a tendency to dive (pires and reyes) and mouth off to the ref(henry and toure). But you've gotta enjoy watching players like Henry and Bergkamp. They're absolute geniuses. As for Arsene 'liverpool were lucky wenger' Wenger, great manager but a jealous sour pr1ck.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:26 am

Moderators, please rename this thread 'Post here if your a secret Arsenal fan' :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:45 am

Youv'e also got the sad fact that some foreign players will only move to London if they consider coming over here!!  Can't take the harsh weather up north!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion