Shinawatra - Major cash flow

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:55 am

as you all know the Thai PM Thaskin Shinawatra tried to buy into LFC a last season and his bid was rejected. His family are very very wealthy anyway but the family has just sold their main business to a Singapore company making the family extremely cash rich.

the wealth is shared between 2 families, the Shinawatras being the major beneficiaries. the total cash achieved is 73 billion baht (approximatley 1 billion pounds), and there is more to come from further share sales.

the sale has been made to avoid any conflicts of interest with Thaskin also being Thailands PM and it means he is moving out of the comunications industry totally. i also have no doubt that the nature of the Shinawatra family will mean they will look for different investments away from communications.

im not putting this in the rumour thread as its not a roumer, its just a thought that as he has the cash maybe there will be another attempt now that he does not have his other business holding.

keep an eye out     :Oo:

if anyone wants more infor go to this link

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006....94.html
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:43 am

we dont want a chel$ki style takeover nor do we want what happened to the scums to happen to us.

LFC is a peoples club  :O
66-1137139704

Postby Judge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:29 am

peewee wrote:as you all know the Thai PM Thaskin Shinawatra tried to buy into LFC a last season and his bid was rejected. His family are very very wealthy anyway but the family has just sold their main business to a Singapore company making the family extremely cash rich.

the wealth is shared between 2 families, the Shinawatras being the major beneficiaries. the total cash achieved is 73 billion baht (approximatley 1 billion pounds), and there is more to come from further share sales.

the sale has been made to avoid any conflicts of interest with Thaskin also being Thailands PM and it means he is moving out of the comunications industry totally. i also have no doubt that the nature of the Shinawatra family will mean they will look for different investments away from communications.

im not putting this in the rumour thread as its not a roumer, its just a thought that as he has the cash maybe there will be another attempt now that he does not have his other business holding.

looks likely peewee. However, im banking on winning that 100 million up for grabs this friday, and then investing it in liverpool, well 70 million of it.

And for all those on here that support me, they can have free tickets to matches, and seats on the match plane to Euro matches also  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:38 am

Judge wrote:
peewee wrote:as you all know the Thai PM Thaskin Shinawatra tried to buy into LFC a last season and his bid was rejected. His family are very very wealthy anyway but the family has just sold their main business to a Singapore company making the family extremely cash rich.

looks likely peewee. However, im banking on winning that 100 million up for grabs this friday, and then investing it in liverpool, well 70 million of it.

And for all those on here that support me, they can have free tickets to matches, and seats on the match plane to Euro matches also  :D

you know i support you  :;):

Always had your back from day 1
66-1137139704

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:50 am

considering all the current hooha about corruption, bungs and dodgy dealings going on in football, and considering the numerous allegations about fraud and insider dealing surrounding thaksin, he's the last person i'd want investing in our club.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:02 am

andy_g wrote:considering all the current hooha about corruption, bungs and dodgy dealings going on in football, and considering the numerous allegations about fraud and insider dealing surrounding thaksin, he's the last person i'd want investing in our club.

hear hear. Wouldn't want a thai mafia investing in the club either. Some sources (credible) say that he acquired most of his wealth doing under-the-counter stuff. Can't imagine how a statesman can own major banking facilities, major infrastrucure companies, major transportation lines without conflict of  interest to his post as PM
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:07 am

show me a multi millionaire that has made his money and not won it, who has not tread on a few toes and i will be happy to listen to you. this sale has been in the pipeline for 2 years and the only part people are unhappy about is that there is no tax to pay. there is an allegation of insider trading but not aimed at the family.

look guys money is money and if money is made available for the club then i will be for it. we had all these discussions when he tried to buy last time about human rights etc etc etc. dont believe everything you read. the thai press is not censored and can speak their mind and seem happy with this as it now allows him more time to focus on his duty as PM
112-1077774096

Postby Rafa D » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:17 am

If he is willing to invest money I'm all for it. Chelski have totally changed the face of football but they have changed there values. Liverpool is a club based on tradition and values. Our fan base is bigger and better than Chelski could ever be. Some might be a bit sceptical of a Thai taking over, but it wouldn't change the club. The fans are Liverpools heartbeat.

BTW Judge hope you splash some of that cash on Joaquin!!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:19 am

it's not just a case of 'treading on a few toes' and 'money is money'. the guy is corrupt, manipulative and a fraudster. there are SO many allegations surrounding him, and  even though he hasn't yet been actually convicted (how odd seeing as he has the power...) there are still various cases open against him.

if you really love liverpool peewee, do you want this kind of person as part of the club?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:27 am

andy_g wrote:it's not just a case of 'treading on a few toes' and 'money is money'. the guy is corrupt, manipulative and a fraudster. there are SO many allegations surrounding him, and  even though he hasn't yet been actually convicted (how odd seeing as he has the power...) there are still various cases open against him.

if you really love liverpool peewee, do you want this kind of person as part of the club?

as you know andy i live in thailand so i am aware of the "accusations" against him and to be honest if there was truth or strong evidence in the matter im confident he would be held accountable. thailand is not a one party country and there is strong opposition. there is also a strong investigation branch in the parliament. how do i know this? i now work there. he does what any of us would do in relation to tax, he uses the system to his benefit. these are tax laws passed before he came to power and are  not just available to him.

i dont have a problem with the guy, as long as the club is run correctly then i dont see any harm. of course if he wanted to use the club to act illegally then you are 100% correct to be against him andy.

but like i say at the moment there is no evidence to suggest that h will make another bid, but in view of the fact he sold to avoid conflict of interests (also leaving just one other major comms provider in Thailand) i feel his next investment will be out of thailand
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:41 am

Me mums just said its been on the radio imminent Liverpool take over.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:45 am

Ciggy wrote:Me mums just said its been on the radio imminent Liverpool take over.

probably said that to get you to take your nap kid  :D
66-1137139704

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:09 am

peewee wrote:show me a multi millionaire that has made his money and not won it, who has not tread on a few toes and i will be happy to listen to you.

Treading on toes is one thing, but corruption and torture are another peewee.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:11 pm

all the accusations against him haven't happened by accident and i'd be interested to know what's become of the people who've made those allegations ???  either way there's no smoke without fire so i don't for a minute believe he's a good 'un, and if even some of the allegations of corruption and human rights abuse are true then i wouldn't want him having anything to do with lfc, no matter how much (dirty) cash he's got lying around
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:22 pm

the guy made his money before coming to power, he has not made his money as a position of his power. if he was like the old malaysian pm who filtered public money away then yes you can say he is corrupt. the fact is the guy was minted before he took office.

with regards to human rights abuse, read between the lines guys. im sure in his position he has made decisions that afect people but that is not just him personally. thats the way things are out here, they have a death penalty, they dont allow insurgents to cause disruption and death, they deal with it so before people mention human rights also think about the rights of the people abused and tortured by insurgents.

im not for one minute saying the guy is squeaky clean, but he bulit his buisiness while having to compete against others, he is a good business man, he makes money. and if truth be told he is actally a decent PM considering some of the other world leaders. he brought the Thai conomy back in line, he paid of the debt that was cleared after the thai economy crashed before he took power.

he is not an animal, he is not pol pot but to read some of the replies you would think he was on a par with these guys. to lead a cpuntry you have to make decisions guys to lead a company you have to make decisions and not all decisions are popular.

if he makes a bid just have an open mind. if someone on here can prove his corruption then i will happlily say sorry and not want him at our club.

you have all raised good points but they have all been raised about a guy without convictions. lets give him the benefit of the doubt
112-1077774096

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion