Scouse fans - Are there any scousers supporting lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:22 am

ffs sake billy, does it matter why anyone supports the club?

i assume your argument is that being born in the city means that you support the club in that city, if that the case why did you choose liverpool and not everton, perhaps your just a glory hunter

:D
112-1077774096

Postby OctopusesGarden » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:26 am

Billy your makin yourself sound Stupid an very small minded.
theres a word for people like you....... it sounds a little bit like TANKER
OctopusesGarden

Postby Billy_5_Times » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:48 am

peewee wrote:ffs sake billy, does it matter why anyone supports the club?

i assume your argument is that being born in the city means that you support the club in that city, if that the case why did you choose liverpool and not everton, perhaps your just a glory hunter

I didn't have a choice on who I supported. I was born a red and will die a red. So no i'm not a glory hunter.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby Billy_5_Times » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:54 am

Bad Bob wrote:Tell you what Billy, if I need to learn a particular detail about the illustrious past of Liverpool Football Club I'll go look it up just like you've done--after all, neither of us were born with this knowledge already encoded.

But, how are you going to improve your critical faculties enough to make an intelligent comment about the football you apparently go to the ground to watch every week?  That's where it gets pretty pathetic--you get to watch the lads live week in, week out but still can't see what Garcia or Zenden offers this side.  Critical thinking can't be taught, son--you either have the capacity or you don't.  You clearly don't.

It must just kill you that some "glory hunting foreigner" can talk more intelligently about your hometown team than you can, eh?  :D

So, keep quoting your club history lad.  You'll probably be on safe ground there with me.  :nod

Bob you have just proven me right, that you only follow Liverpool because of it's reputation and don't give 2 fu.cks about the history of the club.

Oh and I can see what Garica and Zenden give to the team, the opposing team that is. They give the opposing team 2 other players becuase neither can pass.

Now I want everyone to read this. LUIS GARCIA's GOAL HAVE BEEN PRICELESS FOR US. I ADMIT IT. BUT OTHER THAN GOALS GARCIA IS USELESS AND THEREFORE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR US.

After reading that are you all still going to say "Billy you're wrong. He is brilliant and without his goals we wouldn't of won the European Cup." I know without him we wouldn't of won old big ears but unless he scores in a match he doesn't do anything right.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby babu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:34 am

bluenose

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:03 am

Billy people start supporting Liverpool for different reasons. Most dont even know why they support one team and not another. I started supporting Liverpool because the first football match I ever saw was the 1965 FA cup final on TV. The only reason I picked Liverpool ,was I had heard of Liverpool (I had no idea where it was) and I had never heard of Leeds ( I was only a kid) I started going to the matches in 1968 so I am hardly a glory hunter as we won NOTHING for years after.
            People support Liverpool for different reasons and in different ways but as long as they are Liverpool fans its all good. Its not a competition whos the biggest fan. I do understand what you mean about the atmosphere at Anfield but you can hardly blame BadBob (Its a long way for him to shout)
          You should be embracing the new generations of Liverpool fans, boring them with tales about when we had a real kop not decrying and knocking them. You and people like you ARE part of the history of our great club the young people on here are the future.
         As for Garcia and Zenden time will prove whos right and whos wrong (but take it from me everybodys wrong but me :D and even im not sure!)
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:25 am

Billy_5_Times wrote:
peewee wrote:ffs sake billy, does it matter why anyone supports the club?

I didn't have a choice on who I supported. I was born a red and will die a red. So no i'm not a glory hunter.

you do have a choice billy, just like i had a choice. sure i was steered by my family tradition but the choice was mine.

it seems you want a competition to see who is the biggest fan, its as though you think people wont respect you unless you can be the biggest fan of the club

to be honest mate its starting to make you look stupid now with some of your comments. liverpool have been succesful now for many years, in fact just as many years as some posters on here. then we had a lean spell in the 90s and people still started to support liverpool. are they glory hunters?

its like people can only support sh1t teams in your opinion or they will get abuse of you. yes some people jump on the bandwagon but i cant see how that makes you feel belittled. just be proud that your a red mate, but realise that you are no better or no worse than any other red

grow up lad
112-1077774096

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:57 am

10yr old Bluenose
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:56 am

yep- definitely sounds like a bluenose- i've had similar pathetic arguements with some of my misguided cousins!! Good job my Dad was a red!!

Billynofriends- you're really sounding like a dick- and all the stuff about Zenden and Garcia- do we really need to list the names of glorious Liverpool players who weren't born scousers- i can assure you list will be a lot longer than the homegrown lads!!

TBH i'm sure you're just here on a windup!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:04 am

Bad Bob wrote:
thegreenred wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Oh the irony...

thegreenred wrote:i was brought up on the kop and under no circumstances do we have a go at fellow kopites or our players  the whole world has it in for us thats why we stick together if you cant follow these rules go and surport the mancs, there is nothing wrong with a diffrence of oppinion or a healty argument but slagging off  our own is not on.

thegreenred wrote:I couldnt agree more billy, these johny come lateleys are ruining what we stand for Liverpool football club is for the fans the genuine fans not the snotty little rich sod who arive at Anfield  by porche you know the ones, they dont sing dont have any passion for our beloved reds they also have to take in the beatles museum and the ferry while in liverpool, get them out and give us back our club scousers rule

BTW, you are Billy's father aren't you?  You two seem joined at the hip.  ???

unlike many of the so called liverpool fans in this forum especialy you bob, i can see the the pasion and love for liverpool fc shown by billy 5 times, i may agree with a lot he says mainly because he like myself is a scouser and attends anfield, it seems to me you and many others take the :censored: out of him because he has proved you wrong on many points,so tell me bob whats your problem are manure utd falling apart is that why you have decided to come into the greatest fans in the world forum /

You see, I just don't get fans like you.  The ones that think only Scousers can truly support Liverpool and that the rest of us are just glory hunters.  Why can't you accept the fact that Liverpool is a massive club in world football that draws fans from all corners of the globe, as this forum illustrates?  Why is this some sort of problem for you?  Are we really such a threat?  Do we really interfere with your ability to support your team?  Or are you just being a xenophobic pr!ck who would prefer not to mix with us low-life foreigners if you can help it?  Christ, you and Billy-boy are no better than Bluenoses who constantly bang on about their "people's club" and criticize Liverpool for having an international fan base, as if that were some sort of black mark against the club. 

Well, I've got news for you sunshine, I support Liverpool Football Club as well.  That ain't gonna change. And, someday, I hope to have an opportunity to get to the ground myself and show my passion for my club in communion with thousands of other Reds.  If, in doing so, I deny you and your lad Billy a chance to see a game, so fucking be it.  I won't lose any sleep over it!   :angry:

Oh, and while we're at it, don't for one second confuse passion for the club with football intelligence.  Passionate Billy may be but he talks utter sh!te in virtually every post he makes.  And, as you've surely noticed, I'm far from the only one who thinks so.  I'm just thankful that other equally passionate "newkitters" who have a chance to get to the ground often--Scousers and OOTers alike--actually have intelligent things to contribute about the club.  Otherwise it would only be us overseas "glory hunters" providing the intelligent footballing discussion needed to prevent this board from sinking to the level of utter cack that the likes of you and Billy boy operate at!   :no

Good post Bob, good on ya  :bowdown
66-1112520797

Postby thegreenred » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:02 pm

my old dad asked us all on his death bed under no circumstances could we put blue flowers on his coffin he hated everton with a passion, he also told me never ever slag off any reds player or fan i couldnt give a monkeys were our fans come from liverpool, london, ireland, mars i just think we shouldnt get personal with some of the remaks on this and other topics in this forum. as i have said before a healthy debate is good we wont always agree with each other but thats what makes football the beautiful game, lets leave our insults for the mancs and blue noses, i would also like to ask what is a surporter to me a surporter is someone who would travel to pluto if liverpool had a game there not someone shouting the odds from there armchair every week there is a diffrence between a surporter and a fan. oh by the way bob if your reading this you would never deny me of watching the reds and if you get the chance to visit anfield i will be only to plesed to sit next to you cheering the boys on.
thegreenred

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:24 pm

thegreenred wrote:my old dad asked us all on his death bed under no circumstances could we put blue flowers on his coffin he hated everton with a passion, he also told me never ever slag off any reds player or fan i couldnt give a monkeys were our fans come from liverpool, london, ireland, mars i just think we shouldnt get personal with some of the remaks on this and other topics in this forum. as i have said before a healthy debate is good we wont always agree with each other but thats what makes football the beautiful game, lets leave our insults for the mancs and blue noses, i would also like to ask what is a surporter to me a surporter is someone who would travel to pluto if liverpool had a game there not someone shouting the odds from there armchair every week there is a diffrence between a surporter and a fan. oh by the way bob if your reading this you would never deny me of watching the reds and if you get the chance to visit anfield i will be only to plesed to sit next to you cheering the boys on.

Fair play, tgr...

Obviously this 'keep LFC Scouse' stuff gets up my nose and it's made all the worse when it seems to repeatedly crop up on this board every few weeks.  But, I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones.  I'd much rather savour tonight's victory with my fellow Reds than get into senseless p!ssing contests about who's the biggest fan.  :cool:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby jkop » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:42 pm

Billy_5_Times wrote:By what I hear at the ground and by the locations of pratically everyone on here, there doesn't seem to be too many scousers supporting Liverpool Football Club anymore. I for one am very proud to be a scouser but I am getting worried that Cockneys, the irish and particually Scandinavians seem to be stopping geniune fans from Liverpool getting to the match.

Your views please and especially the ones who are from Liverpool. Do you agree with me?

Go ahead do u think scousers r the only ones who r allowed to support liverpool wind ur neck in im irish and proud to support liverpool and no one especially you will stop me going to watch liverpool think before u post.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jkop » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:04 pm

Woollyback wrote:little billy's a wind-up. ignore him, he'll be back at school in 4 weeks anyway

Well said big fella !
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Billy_5_Times » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:57 am

Bad Bob wrote:
thegreenred wrote:my old dad asked us all on his death bed under no circumstances could we put blue flowers on his coffin he hated everton with a passion, he also told me never ever slag off any reds player or fan i couldnt give a monkeys were our fans come from liverpool, london, ireland, mars i just think we shouldnt get personal with some of the remaks on this and other topics in this forum. as i have said before a healthy debate is good we wont always agree with each other but thats what makes football the beautiful game, lets leave our insults for the mancs and blue noses, i would also like to ask what is a surporter to me a surporter is someone who would travel to pluto if liverpool had a game there not someone shouting the odds from there armchair every week there is a diffrence between a surporter and a fan. oh by the way bob if your reading this you would never deny me of watching the reds and if you get the chance to visit anfield i will be only to plesed to sit next to you cheering the boys on.

Fair play, tgr...

Obviously this 'keep LFC Scouse' stuff gets up my nose and it's made all the worse when it seems to repeatedly crop up on this board every few weeks.  But, I'm prepared to let bygones be bygones.  I'd much rather savour tonight's victory with my fellow Reds than get into senseless p!ssing contests about who's the biggest fan.  :cool:

Bob, I have to agree with thegreenred.

We shouldn't slate each other at every giving chance and should agree to disagree on practically everything.

BTW Bob you'll be happy to hear I was impressed by Luis Garcia tonight. He made some good runs and made space for us. Hopfully he can do that all season.
Billy_5_Times

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion