Robert earnshaw. - Don't laugh.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:44 pm

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I rated him and got absolutely laughed off. I said he would do well at West Brom. Indeed, my feeling was that he would score goals wherever he played. Needless to say, he's done absolutely nothing since and has made my judgement look decidedly suspect.
Despite all this, I'm not the type to just hope it gets forgotton about and never to mention it again so here goes.
He's scored goals at a good ratio for Wales. He's young. He's cheap. He's hungry. You could sign him and tell him that in all probability, regardless of what he achieves, he will never be a regular at Anfield. He'd still come as apparantly he loves Liverpool. He's risk free at about 2.5 mill (West Brom paid 3 for him and would probably bite your hand off if you offered 'em over 2).
Now I  just know that one of you lads is gonna put the "he's young, cheap and hungry" bit in quotes and add "he's ******" on the end.       :D  So what. When he bangs in a stack of goals you can all bow down to my forsight and greater judgement. This is where you heard it first, he WILL score goals. If not, me taxi is already ordered. He's gotta be a better bet than Andy Johnson anyhow.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1098209959 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:34 pm

He is a decent player, and I think he will score goals at W.B.A providing he gets the service.

But he is not Liverpool quality.
67-1098209959

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:50 pm

he he sorry, couldn't help myself :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:52 pm

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard, he cant even get a game for West Brom.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:This is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard, he cant even get a game for West Brom.

Must admit its not one of your better ideas Mick.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:05 pm

Middling player at best. Personally I don't think his scoring record for Wales is anything to get excited about.

David Connolly of Leicester has a very good scoring record with the Republic of Ireland, David Healey is Northern Ireland's all time greatest goalscorer but neither of them are cut out for Premiership level, let alone a team with aspirations of challenging for the title within the next 18 months.

Players score a few goals and suddenly everyone gets excited, like with Andy Johnson at Palace. Johnson is playing out of his skin at the moment and looks like an "incredible" player over the past 2 months but I seriously doubt he'll be still doing that in 3 years time. I mean, look at Kevin Phillips and Marcus Stewart: they were flavour of the month at one stage or another with calls for them to be capped for England, yet look at them now.

Earnshaw was a good Division One player and has scored some goals for Wales, but I don't see anything special other than his pace, and now-a-days pacy forwards are a dime a dozen in the Premiership.

If I was looking at a forward from the smaller clubs in the Premiership I might consider Yakubu of Portsmouth, albeit after a lot of thought.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm

bigmick wrote:I posted a couple of weeks ago that I rated him and got absolutely laughed off. I said he would do well at West Brom. Indeed, my feeling was that he would score goals wherever he played. Needless to say, he's done absolutely nothing since and has made my judgement look decidedly suspect.
Despite all this, I'm not the type to just hope it gets forgotton about and never to mention it again so here goes.
He's scored goals at a good ratio for Wales. He's young. He's cheap. He's hungry. You could sign him and tell him that in all probability, regardless of what he achieves, he will never be a regular at Anfield. He'd still come as apparantly he loves Liverpool. He's risk free at about 2.5 mill (West Brom paid 3 for him and would probably bite your hand off if you offered 'em over 2).
Now I  just know that one of you lads is gonna put the "he's young, cheap and hungry" bit in quotes and add "he's ******" on the end.       :D  So what. When he bangs in a stack of goals you can all bow down to my forsight and greater judgement. This is where you heard it first, he WILL score goals. If not, me taxi is already ordered. He's gotta be a better bet than Andy Johnson anyhow.

thats the thing though mick, he's NOT better than Andy Johnson and Andy Johnson isnt good enough!!!

seriously. 2.5 mill  would get you better players than earnshaw anyway.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:13 pm

They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round. They all laughed when Edison recorded sound. I don't know the rest of the words but the chorus goes 'Ho-Ho-Ho, who's got the last laugh now?' You can rest assured you doubters, if he ever scores any goals for anyone , ever again, I'll be back on about him. For the moment though, just for yous', I'll let it lie. :D
BTW, Yakubu would cost a lot more than 2.5 mill, whether or not you think he's good enough for us.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:15 pm

They all laughed at Posh Spice's solo career as well BigMick!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:16 pm

:D It's a fair cop guv'.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:21 pm

bigmick wrote:They all laughed at Christopher Columbus, when he said the world was round.

Not sure they laughed this loud :D
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 pm

i laughed at Brett Angell.

he still made a huge impact

(when he fell over)
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby spud » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:11 pm

:D
spud

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:12 pm

C'mon Lad's, your all going on a tour of the 'Car Boot Sales'
LFC are a big club, we need to shop in the 'Designer Jewellry' stores of the world.  Gallactico's only please. !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:13 pm

Redrider wrote:C'mon Lad's, your all going on a tour of the 'Car Boot Sales'
LFC are a big club, we need to shop in the 'Designer Jewellry' stores of the world.  Gallactico's only please. !!

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion