Robert green anyone? - West ham goalkeeper robert green

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby matt1974 » Wed May 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Hearts have an out-of-contract keeper called Marian Kello (a Slovak) who is pretty useful and probably wouldn't object to being signed as Pepe's deputy.
matt1974

Postby Bad Bob » Thu May 28, 2009 12:05 am

Errr, is there anything particularly wrong with the back-up keeper we already have?  Can't recall him letting the side down on the 2-3 occasions he was used in the cups so why throw money away looking to replace someone unnecessarily? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 am

Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Would be a terrible move for him and for England.  And we can't afford to spend money on a keeper of his calibre just to sit on the bench.

who says he has to sit on the bench, 5 games each best man wins.

:censored: hell you can tell that the football seasons over, i am diiging deep for something to talk about.

:D

People are going nuts this close season...everyone seems desperate to waste time and money bringing in players for positions we've already got sorted.  The mind truly boggles.  :O

well can we buy Wayne Rooney and use him as a bog brush then? we might have to pay for some hair treatment for him so he can grow some back or he will just shine the bog and dont get the :censored: off.

If we bought Rooney I bet Rafa would do something silly like stick him out on the flank and waste his talent......oh wait!  :laugh:

:D

in all seriousness though... i think Rooney makes a brilliant winger especially down the left flank... When they moved him to the flank i thought it was a crazy move aswell, he's probably one of the best forwards in world football but with the players they got i have to say it seems like a masterstroke from Ferguson in hindsight now... they weren't clicking like they would have liked before moving him and ever since he moved there they started playing much better. better balance and ... hes like their own Kuyt down the left except 10times the player Kuyt is in pretty much everything, effort included...

And Robert Green is a no to me... he's a good goalie no doubt but dont think hes good enough to replace Pepe... Should go for one of the oldies as backup or just keep Cavalieri... any news on him wanting a move or us wanting to sell him that i havent heard of ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 28, 2009 12:19 am

Bullshyt thread.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 am

Reg wrote:Bullshyt thread.

Unfortunately I have to agree this topic lacks any real thought going into it. There is no scope to discuss, we have a better keeper than the one suggested and so the chances are they wouldn't come here. It's the only position doesn't get discussed and there's a very good reason for that.

Besides, Green can't even make the England #1 shirt his own despite those in front of him being dodgy in some aspects of their game. I wouldn't want any of the England candidates, it says something when people considered Almunia qualifying to play for England as a serious goalkeeping option.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 8:41 am

Owzat wrote:
Reg wrote:Bullshyt thread.

Unfortunately I have to agree this topic lacks any real thought going into it. There is no scope to discuss, we have a better keeper than the one suggested and so the chances are they wouldn't come here. It's the only position doesn't get discussed and there's a very good reason for that.

Besides, Green can't even make the England #1 shirt his own despite those in front of him being dodgy in some aspects of their game. I wouldn't want any of the England candidates, it says something when people considered Almunia qualifying to play for England as a serious goalkeeping option.

"topic lacks any real thought going into it"

er yes you are spot on lol

but my point being is that Reina is safe and feels very safe with his place in the team, i think this has lead to a few mistakes this year, i feel he needs to feel pushed for his place.

As for Green, he is looking for a good contract from west ham, i can not see west ham doing aswell next year as they did this year and there could be a good chance that he will be looking to move.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu May 28, 2009 8:59 am

Green would never come to us and Green isnt good enough to push Pepe - Yes pepe made the odd mistake but none cost us dearly and he more than made up with it but by being the best player during those first few weeks when his performances kept us in games and enabled us to win as well as being the start of goals . Waste of money getting green .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:13 am

I just dont feel that Cavalieri is pushing for his place in the team, yes we have a great keeper, but he also knows that his place is safe if he has 2 bad games.

I also dont rate Cavalieri as much as others do and i hope Pepe is never out for a long time as i dont think Cavalieri has a safe pair of hands.

dont forget On his arrival Cavalieri stated that it had been his dream to move to Europe and targeted a first team place and vowed to improve through hard work......has he done that ? no
Last edited by lakes10 on Thu May 28, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu May 28, 2009 9:21 am

thats cause pepe cant be dropped - pepe doesnt need pushed lakes and a back up gk is prob the lowest ever priority in our team
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:27 am

GYBS wrote:thats cause pepe cant be dropped - pepe doesnt need pushed lakes and a back up gk is prob the lowest ever priority in our team

untill he need them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu May 28, 2009 9:28 am

and then our back up we have will do the job - he hasnt seem to be a prob every time he has been needed so far
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:52 am

GYBS wrote:and then our back up we have will do the job - he hasnt seem to be a prob every time he has been needed so far

I need help mate, i am so fed up that there no Liverpool games on already, i have juse spent the morning looking at other teams forums and websites.

I need good football.

how long till the new season? is it here yet?

:Oo:
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu May 28, 2009 9:54 am

i can tell mate :laugh:

the under 21s start soon that should be good for you with all those english kids - also Rafa is getting rid of ablett, shannon and macauley
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu May 28, 2009 10:13 am

GYBS wrote:i can tell mate :laugh:

the under 21s start soon that should be good for you with all those english kids - also Rafa is getting rid of ablett, shannon and macauley

thats made me feel better  :D

i got a few days off work (my sister over from NZ but they are out seeing friends today) most other times i would look at our next game or try to pick the team or ....have a pop at Rafa, but i have nothing right now lol.

my mate offerd me a seat for the fa cup for £200......i almost took it lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iamacnkop » Thu May 28, 2009 10:14 am

we can concern about the news of transfer in the summer.then the new season will start  :p
iamacnkop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion