Robert earnshaw. - Don't laugh.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:18 pm

taff wrote:The guy will get goals simple as what more do you want beat three men do the tea halftime etc

nah, just somebody to throw soup and pizza in the tunnel at half-time, preferably at fergie. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maximus » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:23 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
taff wrote::laugh:

Scotland  :laugh:  I thought we were bad.

Right listen please

He is a natural goalscorer end of, now Im not saying sign him but it has started to pi** me off the what has he done tag.

The guy will get goals simple as what more do you want beat three men do the tea halftime etc

incidentally which country are you from TAFF?

just wondering.

it wouldnt happen to be.....surely not?

Scotland?
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:24 pm

Yes its Wales  :D

Listen Jim Beam I aint saying sign him and definitely not Hartson Giggs, Bellamy etc so it aint a Welsh thing before you start.

I dont want to argue but sometimes you have to. I genuinely believe that too many people either belittle the smaller clubs or nations and think they dont produce anything (all them French ones made a difference with us  ??? ) and theres an immediate reaction oh it was only Scotland well oh it was only Wales he was with and ask the German defence about him.

He is a determined little git who scores goals always has and I reckon always will.  His career will I think come down to what team and manager he ends up with but he will score goals.

But if I was being welsh biased Id sign Danny Gabbidon who in my opinion is better than any centre back at the club at this moment in time
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:25 pm

if thats not sarcasm i'll slit my wrists.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:28 pm

taff wrote:His career will I think come down to what team and manager he ends up with but he will score goals.

well it looks like his next manager is going to be glenn hoddle, so i take it his career's finished then, probably due to his sins in a previous life. :D  :D  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:30 pm

taff wrote:But if I was being welsh biased Id sign Danny Gabbidon who in my opinion is better than any centre back at the club at this moment in time

:oh:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:36 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:if thats not sarcasm i'll slit my wrists.

Get slasing dude  :D

Im serious  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:38 pm

taff wrote:
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:if thats not sarcasm i'll slit my wrists.

Get slasing dude  :D

Im serious  :cool:

sorry taff that wasnt meant about your post.

Jim Beam man i like it.  i also like the phrase   "he's a determined little git."   i  also like Rob Earnshaw. sorry that's a lie  :D
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:48 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
stmichael wrote:we should have signed hasselbaink on a 2 year contract in the summer when we had the chance. :(

as for now, i just don't see who's available. i wouldn't be surprised if benitez ended up going back to spain to look for stikers.

hindsight is a wonderful thing.

i agree with you mike, pity no-one said it at the time (unless you did, in which case apologies).

Hasselbaink would have been a super buy.

I was on my soap-box about 6 months ago about Hasselbaink and I just couldn't understand why we didn't seem remotely interested in him. OK his temperament might be a bit suspect but off the field he's Mr laid-back so I don't think that would've represented any risk. His wages would've been collossal but that's offset by little or no transfer fee. I think that had Owen made his mind up earlier we wouldn't have been caught on the hop and should have gone for Hasselbaink, I can't imagine he'd choose Boro over Liverpool.

One plus to come out of this whole situation is that Pongolle should get a decent run of games and show us what he can do. Mellor is NOWHERE NEAR Liverpool standard and I'd sooner play Igor up front  :laugh:

As for Rob Earnshaw I hold my hands up too, I said a while ago he could make a useful squad player/supersub. Having seen what he's done since then I'd like to retract my comments  :blush:  :;):
Last edited by Woollyback on Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:55 pm

Woollyback wrote:I think that had Owen made his mind up earlier we wouldn't have been caught on the hop and should have gone for Hasselbaink, I can't imagine he'd choose Boro over Liverpool.

why do u ask questions to answers you already know  :D

If owen had gone during pre-season, hasselbaink will be wearing our number 10.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:19 pm

Wooly, he's only had four games for WBA. Give him time!!!!!. It's too early to say!!!!!!! Remember Henri & Reyes at Arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez Wooly, some people are so impatient.  :D By the way Wools' I've got you down as a tough tackling, take no prisoners right-back. Bring yer boots mate, your in.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:38 pm

V fast, dirty-tackling left back  :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:42 pm

Just come on (no I don't mean that)

The earlier remark about Hasslebank hits the main point. He would have been perfect for two seasons while the rest is being sorted = Raffa wasn't here quick enough so we've missed him - for ever - that really is a shame because he'd have loved it here and would have made a difference to the next two seasons - but then what ? Let's just get on with the boss for now.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion